Chris Stewart

bob_sauve28

Good player, works hard, physical and seems like he has some offensive skills. He is a RFA if I'm not mistaken though. Im hoping he gets turned into a first round pick at the trade deadline. I like him, think he is a good player, but I do not want the Sabres to throw a big contract his way this off season, even if he starts lighting it up here.

Good player, works hard, physical and seems like he has some offensive skills. He is a RFA if I'm not mistaken though. Im hoping he gets turned into a first round pick at the trade deadline. I like him, think he is a good player, but I do not want the Sabres to throw a big contract his way this off season, even if he starts lighting it up here.

No. More. Draft picks.

Period.

You know what we should do? Every year we should take the 3 most valuable FA's we have and trade them for draft picks. That way every fecking year we are 3-5 years away from replacing the players we move.

Yeah. #Tankforever

Edited by weave

By lighting it up I presume you mean production wise. With that said, given his other attributes you listed I see no reason to let him go. I agree he will not get Crosby money but a player with the above attributes is who some thought Foligno would be. If he can start producing why not 3yrs/2 mil per. This is about half of what he is currently making and the pay cut would help in a potential trade if he sucks. I think TM would have to explain to him why he is not a 4 mil player and besides Myers and Moulson/Ennis no Sabre is getting a good offer from other teams next year.

Bottom line I like him but I also liked Hodgaon before he disappeared and Reinhart before he looked like a teenage pu$$y in the icecapades. These are both different topics but the point is lets just see how he does under Nolan and then hopefully under a coach who doesn't wish for effort but demands and instills it.

By lighting it up I presume you mean production wise. With that said, given his other attributes you listed I see no reason to let him go. I agree he will not get Crosby money but a player with the above attributes is who some thought Foligno would be. If he can start producing why not 3yrs/2 mil per. This is about half of what he is currently making and the pay cut would help in a potential trade if he sucks. I think TM would have to explain to him why he is not a 4 mil player and besides Myers and Moulson/Ennis no Sabre is getting a good offer from other teams next year.

No freaking way Stewart signs a contract for 2 M. He'll get at least a 4M deal somewhere.

No freaking way Stewart signs a contract for 2 M. He'll get at least a 4M deal somewhere.

Yes, he gets at least 4 million. But if we sign him I think he does the same dog act Myers, Stafford, Hodgson and Leino et al. Do after they get the big bucks. I'll take a first round pick for him. It doesn't mean we can't be competitive sooner than when the player picked is ready to play. Until we are ready to make a playoff run we stack up on first rounders. We can even cash them in for a hired gun in the future when we are ready to do damage in the playoffs.

But do you think he is a 4 mil player? Honestly I don't think we have seen it in his short time here but if he can take on Lucic type guys and put up 20 goals then OK. Give him some money. Now to argue myself. I don't think any of our players will reach their potential this year.

I don't, but some GM will. There are 30 men out there just itching to make stupid decisions this summer, and Stewart will be one of them.

But do you think he is a 4 mil player? Honestly I don't think we have seen it in his short time here but if he can take on Lucic type guys and put up 20 goals then OK. Give him some money. Now to argue myself. I don't think any of our players will reach their potential this year.

Given all the fair-to-middling players that sign for 4M, yes I think he is a 4M player. He is what the market bears,

Yes, he gets at least 4 million. But if we sign him I think he does the same dog act Myers, Stafford, Hodgson and Leino et al. Do after they get the big bucks. I'll take a first round pick for him. It doesn't mean we can't be competitive sooner than when the player picked is ready to play. Until we are ready to make a playoff run we stack up on first rounders. We can even cash them in for a hired gun in the future when we are ready to do damage in the playoffs.

Yes, trading Stewart for a pick does in fact mean we can't be competitive sooner. What are you replacing him with after you've moved him? Probably a borderline guy. We need NHL players to be competitive. Every time we get rid of one for picks we delay the time to being competitive even further.

Fine, you don't want him? Trade him for real, live actual NHL players instead of picks that may or may not work out 3-5 years after you've received them.

Given all the fair-to-middling players that sign for 4M, yes I think he is a 4M player. He is what the market bears,

Yes, trading Stewart for a pick does in fact mean we can't be competitive sooner. What are you replacing him with after you've moved him? Probably a borderline guy. We need NHL players to be competitive. Every time we get rid of one for picks we delay the time to being competitive even further.

Fine, you don't want him? Trade him for real, live actual NHL players instead of picks that may or may not work out 3-5 years after you've received them.

Even a seasoned prospect. But, as you aptly stated, no more picks!

And we don't trade him and he signs somewhere else, how does that help us?

The more draft picks the better

And we don't trade him and he signs somewhere else, how does that help us?

I didn't say we should keep him and pray he signs. But I don't want anymore picks.

The more draft picks the better

#Tankforever

Edited by weave

What's wrong with taking picks if that's the only thing you can get for a player you plan on letting walk? It's nice to say no more picks and all that jazz, but let's be real, that's what pending UFAs get it return as rentals.

If that is all you can get, well, you get what you get.

I hope they re-sign him. He went toe to toe with Lucic just because he could. More of that please.

If he is willing to re-sign, yes please more of this.

Personally, even if the guy is a bit of a slacker, I want him on my team. He brings a dimension that none of our prospects have.

Why

Here is why (sorry for the format)

Zbynek Michalek at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

Mark Giordano at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

Antti Niemi at

Goaltender

$4,000,000

Michael Grabner at

Right Wing

$4,000,000

Drew Stafford at

Right Wing

$4,000,000

Kevin Bieksa at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

Erik Cole at

Left Wing

$4,000,000

Victor Hedman at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

David Jones at

Right Wing

$4,000,000

Cory Schneider at

Goaltender

$4,000,000

Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau at

Right Wing

$4,000,000

Jiri Hudler at

Center

$4,000,000

Max Pacioretty at

Left Wing

$4,000,000

Cam Fowler at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

Oliver Ekman-Larsson at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

Patric Hornqvist at

Right Wing

$4,000,000

Bryan Bickell at

Left Wing

$4,000,000

Pascal Dupuis at

Right Wing

$4,000,000

Daniel Briere at

Center

$4,000,000

Dennis Seidenberg at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

Zach Bogosian at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

Christian Ehrhoff at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

Mark Fayne at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

Benoit Pouliot at

Left Wing

$4,000,000

Milan Michalek at

Left Wing

$4,000,000

Jussi Jokinen at

Left Wing

$4,000,000

Ales Hemsky at

Right Wing

$4,000,000

Mikhail Grabovski at

Center

$4,000,000

Dmitry Kulikov at

Defenseman

$4,000,000

John Carlson at

Defenseman

$3,966,667

Josh Gorges at

Defenseman

$3,900,000

Alexei Emelin at

Defenseman

$3,900,000

John-Michael Liles at

Defenseman

$3,875,000

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.