Sabre's Game Seven Memories

bob_sauve28

Since the Sabres all time record in game 7's is 1 and 5, I'd have to agree with PA ... a graveyard of memories, except for '97.

That goal by friggin' Brad Park is one of my worst, most painful, memories as a Sabres fan.

It's worse. 1-6. Losses in 83, 92, 94, 01, 06 and 11.

Fargin Brad Park....and having to hear Canes fans yak for the next year after '06 are my two worst memories. Out of the 30-40 people who regularly gave me ###### after that series, I only hear a peep about hockey in general from maybe two of them now. Yes I know bandwagoners are everywhere, but here it's taken to new heights.

I was there for the Plante goal, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

The record in elimination games is only slightly better: 3-8. They won three-game series in '76 and '78, lost one in '79, and lost a five-game series in '85.

The '92 game, if I remember right, LaFontain had an empty net standing him in the face in ot but he was on his backhand and as he was switch to his forehand to shoot it just took too long and someone reached and got a stick on the puck and it went wide. He should have just flipped it in on his back hand!! And wasn't the goal against a real softy?

The '92 game, if I remember right, LaFontain had an empty net standing him in the face in ot but he was on his backhand and as he was switch to his forehand to shoot it just took too long and someone reached and got a stick on the puck and it went wide. He should have just flipped it in on his back hand!! And wasn't the goal against a real softy?

Gurtler warning:

I don't know which number is more surprising, that they've only won 1 game 7, or that they've only been in 7 of them over these 40+ years.

They are 21-29 all time in series, I think (I could have missed one here or there). So they win more efficiently, and make opponents work harder when they lose.

Except for 97 of course. That tying goal by Plante was nucking futs.

YES! I was in 8th grade...I remember asking my Father if they won, could I get a Hasek jersey? (Hasek wasn't playing, Shields was in goal.)

I'll never forget that goal for as long as I live, it was so loud, I could not hear myself think...and random people were hugging me! lol.

(And thankfully, Steve Shields got my Father to break and spend $200+ on a Dominik Hasek jersey...I just wish I could get it signed!)

Edited by Bob Malooga

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.