GDT: Buffalo at New York Islanders 3-15-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

I'm starting to think that Ted Nolan can't fix this mess. I like him and he's a good coach but not a great one. I'm thinking someone from outside the organization, someone with Stanley Cup credentials, hand-selected by TM might fit the bill better. This Sabre mantra of cronyism has to be busted, obliterated. We unfortunately have a history of losers. Not sure who would step in and try to salvage this Pegula-engineered train wreck, whether we have 30 first rounders in the next few years or not.

Edited by 716

I'm starting to think that Ted Nolan can't fix this mess. I like him and he's a good coach but not a great one. I'm thinking someone from outside the organization, someone with Stanley Cup credentials, hand-selected by TM might fit the bill better. This Sabre mantra of cronyism has to be busted, obliterated. We unfortunately have a history of losers. Not sure who would step in and try to salvage this Pegula-engineered train wreck, whether we have 30 first rounders in the next few years or not.

I'm not really a big Nolan booster, but what is any coach supposed to do with this roster to make it competitive? The coach right now is about as relevant to winning as your opinion about the coach is (and I don't mean that as an insult).

Ted Nolan isn't supposed to fix anything, the front office is.

Look at the roster - The fact that they at least play hard now is an improvement of monumental proportions, considering for how long the team failed to do just that.

I have no preferences as to whether Nolan stays or goes, but to make a decision based on current results isn't fair.

I'm sorry I missed the game because 1) Risto played (how'd he look?) and 2) Angry Eleven was here and I didn't even get to ###### with him :angry:

1) Risto looks like Bieber

2) I wasn't here during the game, so you didn't really miss that part.

Nolan is not supposed to fix this mess. He is the cake and circuses for the masses until the tank has ended.

Ted Nolan isn't supposed to fix anything, the front office is.

Look at the roster - The fact that they at least play hard now is an improvement of monumental proportions, considering for how long the team failed to do just that.

I have no preferences as to whether Nolan stays or goes, but to make a decision based on current results isn't fair.

The past couple of games, the majority of the players have been far from playing hard. There is some serious floating going on out there IMO. The whole concept of ice time being rewarded for hard play, is out the window.

Edited by kishoph

The past couple of games, the majority of the players have been far from playing hard. There is some serious floating going on out there IMO. The whole concept of ice time being rewarded for hard play, is out the window.

It was out the window months ago with Leino still logging a regular shift. Not that I'm complaining, Tank Commander is crucial!

Nolan has most of these guys playing hard. The floaters and the guys who don't go to the dirty areas will hopefully be gone soon. Thats on management to get that fixed. Nolan can't fix that.

Not right now, he doesn't, and he's justifiably growing weary with the lack of effort. There's a quote from him somewhere today to the effect of 29 other teams have guys that drive to the net, but not this team. He should start taking notes on who does and doesn't get near the crease when the puck is loose and start penalizing those who don't. Pushups, fines, cook dinner for the team, whatever.

Who is Nolan going to give ice time to? We have a team of AHL'ers. It isn't like there is someone in the organization that is deserving of a shot that isn't getting it. Leino plays because there isn't anyone else to play.

Exactly.

Who is Nolan going to give ice time to? We have a team of AHL'ers. It isn't like there is someone in the organization that is deserving of a shot that isn't getting it. Leino plays because there isn't anyone else to play.

Somebody from the 4th line. If Nolan's mantra really is to earn your ice time through effort, then there's options (not good, but at least of the hard working variety). I'd rather see Ellis log 16 minutes than Leino. And there is zero excuse for giving Leino PP time.

Nolan is not supposed to fix this mess. He is the cake and circuses for the masses until the tank has ended.

It is amazing how many people don't seem to get this. Assuming he signs the contract, Nolan will be here next year and after that its anyone's guess. On the other hand, I would suggest he sign soon before all but his most ardent supporters jump ship.

Not right now, he doesn't, and he's justifiably growing weary with the lack of effort. There's a quote from him somewhere today to the effect of 29 other teams have guys that drive to the net, but not this team. He should start taking notes on who does and doesn't get near the crease when the puck is loose and start penalizing those who don't. Pushups, fines, cook dinner for the team, whatever.

Exactly.

The problem is most of the guys that do work hard are talentless pugs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.