John Tavares

thewookie1

You have to keep in mind the status of the franchise. The Islanders have picked top 5 four of the last five years. They need to take a different approach.

I don't "love to hate our own", I hate incompetence. I'm sure you know the difference. Regier was in over his head. History has proven that to be fact. A couple of glimpses of success surrounded by years of failures and excuses is the Regier legacy.

Regier > Snow. That's what my post said. It's not arguable.

The two firsts are what hold value in the suggested deal. It'd be a top three pick this year, a high pick this year (albeit not as high with Tavares in the fold), an extremely capable and underrated around these parts forward in Ennis and a good young player in Hodgson or Grigorenko. Not would still take more, but the firsts would obviously be big.

If the deal were to ever be even considered then it'd probably be something like...

Two firsts, Myers, Ennis and one of Risto/Zadorov. Possibly a bit more.

You underestimate how good Myers is, I consider him to be only slight less of the worth JT has.

So to me it wouldn't take more than Myers + hodgson + Islanders 2014 1st back.

I shouldn't but I will...

Instead of looking at this as what would I give up for Tavares, I am taking the approach of as Islanders GM what would I want from Buffalo.

Tyler Myers, Zemgus Girgensons, JT Compher, Islanders Cond 1st back and either Carrier or Possler. I would start my negotiation there. Myers gives you much needed defense, Girgensons is an immediate plug at C for you. Compher is probably our best college prospect, you'll need your 1st round pick both years, depth LW with good potential to fix the offset from the Vanek fiasco.

That being said John Tavares is not going to be traded.

You underestimate how good Myers is, I consider him to be only slight less of the worth JT has.

So to me it wouldn't take more than Myers + hodgson + Islanders 2014 1st back.

I don't think you realize what a top-5 (or so) player in the league and franchise player is actually worth...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.