Tim Horton - 40 years ago today

\GoBillsInDallas/

I remember that too. I was 13 and I still can recall the photo of the car.

For some levity:

I was curious to see this, as I hadn't seen the photo before. I figured it was worthwhile, as this is an important, somber part of Sabres history. I google image searched "Tim Horton Accident Photos." There are a surprisingly enormous number of idiots that crash through the doors, windows, and walls of donut shops.

I was talking to Paul Weiland about Horton today, and we got to talking about Horton's number being retired...

Weiland said that the number was never formally retired. One of the members of the organization, I forget the name, said that nobody would wear the number two as long as he is alive and then it was just decided one day to put it in the rafters. He said it was never meant to be retired or even honored, and that some of his coworkers from the time Horton was around weren't satisfied when it was put up there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.