GDT: Buffalo at Tampa 10-26-13 7:00 PM

Hoss

I know we'd all like the 1st pick overall, and there is plenty of hockey left to achieve that, but I'd love it if the Sabres pull out another victory here. If for nothing else I want the kids to get a little confidence and I always like sticking it to Florida teams :)

Exactly. If the kids were still in juniors or Rochester, fine. But if Darcy/Rolston are trying to get them to learn the ropes right away I want to see them win. Every game.

I have to admit, it sure is fun to rub last night's game in the faces of local Panthers fans.

Not true, he'll show up for 3-4 games every season and play like his hair is on fire.

You know, just to remind us all that he actually *can* play hockey, and that he just chooses not to, 95% of the time.

That is what is so infuriating about this clown. He actually has talent, yet why couldn't he have tanked at the end of last year so the Sabres could have gotten a number 1 center. Though, I am luving the two D they got. I guess Grigs has become a practice dummy. Who is Leino replacing? One of the D and when is Kaleta due back?

As an aside, I lived in Tampa and went to see the Sabres play there many times. As you watch the game today, look at the difference between the Tampa "game experience" and the Buffalo "game experience." They remodeled their forum so a huge organ is at the 300 level behind a net, they have all kinds of diversions during the TV time outs, kids games between periods, etc. They have essentially made Tampa a viable hockey town. Also, since they fired the previous guy and Yzerman came in as GM, their product has been greatly improving since their Cup in '04...they went through some lean years from about 08-11.

As an aside, I lived in Tampa and went to see the Sabres play there many times. As you watch the game today, look at the difference between the Tampa "game experience" and the Buffalo "game experience." They remodeled their forum so a huge organ is at the 300 level behind a net, they have all kinds of diversions during the TV time outs, kids games between periods, etc. They have essentially made Tampa a viable hockey town. Also, since they fired the previous guy and Yzerman came in as GM, their product has been greatly improving since their Cup in '04...they went through some lean years from about 08-11.

Hush up, Buffalo is supposed to be hockey heaven!

Archived