If Vanek gets moved then the suffering will really begin

SabresBillsFan

You think it's bad now what happens when Vanek gets moved! Cody won't have any real goal scorer to pass to and then when his stats go down people will think he is overpaid. I really like Vanek and hope Pegs and Regier do what they can to keep him. Not so concerned with Miller leaving as I believe our goaltending isn't that bad if u can get any sort of goal scoring. Should be interesting to see how the year plays out.

You think it's bad now what happens when Vanek gets moved! Cody won't have any real goal scorer to pass to and then when his stats go down people will think he is overpaid. I really like Vanek and hope Pegs and Regier do what they can to keep him. Not so concerned with Miller leaving as I believe our goaltending isn't that bad if u can get any sort of goal scoring. Should be interesting to see how the year plays out.

The last thing this team needs to do in regards to Thomas Vanek is to be hesitant making a move because of how it may effect Cody Hodgson. Thomas Vanek is valuable asset that needs to maximized.

Also,

Cody Hodgson is overpaid. His contract is embarrassing for this franchise.

The last thing this team needs to do in regards to Thomas Vanek is to be hesitant making a move because of how it may effect Cody Hodgson. Thomas Vanek is valuable asset that needs to maximized.

Also,

Add it to the already long and distinguished list.

If you are broke and you own a expensive piece of beachfront land do you sell the property or park your car on it and sleep in the back seat? All the while you are waiting to be foreclosed on.

Thomas Vanek is the beachfront property. His pending FA is the bank hounding you. You better sell because time is running out. Problem is you should have sold earlier. Odds are your going to have to short sale because you waited too long. Never get full value in a short sale.

If you are broke and you own a expensive piece of beachfront land do you sell the property or park your car on it and sleep in the back seat? All the while you are waiting to be foreclosed on.

Thomas Vanek is the beachfront property. His pending FA is the bank hounding you. You better sell because time is running out. Problem is you should have sold earlier. Odds are your going to have to short sale because you waited too long. Never get full value in a short sale.

I was going to type something about how Darcy's not only two steps, but probably three or four steps behind the market, but why bother, everyone knows it anyway.

I am on bend and knee with hands in prayer they drop Vanek off for a package of picks/prospects at the deadline. Given he's at the end of his current contract I'm not expecting a Pommer type package, but a nice return none-the-less, I am much more interested in finishing last both this season as well as next with the emphasis on next given the entrance of 1 Conner McDavid in that 2015 draft class.

As Regier reluctantly but finally admitted to, we need star caliber players in here and currently don't have them. Grig's will take a while to come around and even then, I don't see him as a game changing/clutch player in the future, merely a support player. Girg's looks to be coming along nicely, great potential in him.

I am on bend and knee with hands in prayer they drop Vanek off for a package of picks/prospects at the deadline. Given he's at the end of his current contract I'm not expecting a Pommer type package, but a nice return none-the-less, I am much more interested in finishing last both this season as well as next with the emphasis on next given the entrance of 1 Conner McDavid in that 2015 draft class.

As Regier reluctantly but finally admitted to, we need star caliber players in here and currently don't have them. Grig's will take a while to come around and even then, I don't see him as a game changing/clutch player in the future, merely a support player. Girg's looks to be coming along nicely, great potential in him.

as mentioned above...Regier is the last one to figure everythng out. you should be on bend and knee that pegula finally swallows his pride and dumps him.

Also,

Yes on the first part. No on the second.

The suffering began this offseason...

What do you do if your Vanek?

This team is not going to make the playoff's performing like they have.

Buffalo has no veteran offensive depth.

I like the young kids effort; however, effort alone doesn't get you into the playoff's.

Vanek might be better off getting out as soon as possible.

I don't think you'll hear anything as far as trades until at least 25-30 games in.

Buttttttt, if I'm a team who scores a lot but can't win then I call about Ryan Miller right now.

Honestly, with the way Dub's has played thus far for Edmonton, I'm hoping Regier is looking at a trade in that direction. Just me though.

I think your looking at the wrong guy. So far this season, if Vanek left, there weren't be much difference from what we have seen so far from this team. Its Miller being moved that is going to show us suffering. So far he has been the only one keeping this team from complete blowouts. (Not saying that Vanek leaving won't hurt, but Miller leaving would have a much bigger impact to the team and the games right now)

Archived