Would you trade...

nfreeman

If you were DR, would you agree to the following deals?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Vanek and McNabb for Nash?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you trade Vanek, McNabb and a #1 for Nash?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you trade Pommer and McNabb for Bobby Ryan?

• Yes
    • No

Ryan - 4 30+ goal campaigns in 3 3/4 seasons.

Pominville - 2 30+ goal campaigns in 6 1/2 seasons.

Ryan - 113 hits last season.

Pominville - 110 hits over the last three seasons.

Ryan - Younger, bigger and more physical

Pominville - better shot blocker and penalty killer.

Ryan fits what the Sabres need, a talented big bodied winger that is difficult to play against.

Even though I voted no on the Pommer trade, this is a very good post.

FWIW, i would give up Pommer and Brennan for Ryan but Pommer plus mcnabb is a bridge too far.

yea Ryan is what we need until we trade Pommers and then Pommers becomes what we need. Is Ryan going to play 20+ minutes a game and kill penaltys and shudown teams top lines? No. You trade Pominville and you lose a major special teams guy. Thats all I am saying. I am just thankful this stupid trade could never happen. Thank god for Darcy... never thought id say that. Happy 4th of July.

yea Ryan is what we need until we trade Pommers and then Pommers becomes what we need. Is Ryan going to play 20+ minutes a game and kill penaltys and shudown teams top lines? No. You trade Pominville and you lose a major special teams guy. Thats all I am saying. I am just thankful this stupid trade could never happen. Thank god for Darcy... never thought id say that. Happy 4th of July.

I think thats teh problem with some here is that they think that to be tough, everybody has to be throwing checks and hits, and that this is the only way to win. You need some balance. You still need guys that know how to play the game and not just be physical. Thats one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to give up Pommers. He does enough other things that he is an assett you still need.

Ryan - 4 30+ goal campaigns in 3 3/4 seasons.

Pominville - 2 30+ goal campaigns in 6 1/2 seasons.

Ryan - 113 hits last season.

Pominville - 110 hits over the last three seasons.

Ryan - Younger, bigger and more physical

Pominville - better shot blocker and penalty killer.

Ryan fits what the Sabres need, a talented big bodied winger that is difficult to play against.

Ryan - emotionaly unstable manchild that pouts and whines

Pominville - emotionaly stable captain that had one of his best season when given a C on his jersey

I think thats teh problem with some here is that they think that to be tough, everybody has to be throwing checks and hits, and that this is the only way to win. You need some balance. You still need guys that know how to play the game and not just be physical. Thats one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to give up Pommers. He does enough other things that he is an assett you still need.

Ryan is a player that can do both. Isn't better to have talented players that can take care of themselves rather than players that look to others?

Ryan - emotionaly unstable manchild that pouts and whines

Pominville - emotionaly stable captain that had one of his best season when given a C on his jersey

I'm sure Miller was only talking about everyone else when he called his teammates "fragile little children."

I'm sure Miller was only talking about everyone else when he called his teammates "fragile little children."

Pominville was the last person on this team that i would be worried about mentally. By all means ignore the fact that Ryan has the very same issues that you bitch about all the sabres having thou cause he is a fragile little child

Pominville was the last person on this team that i would be worried about mentally. By all means ignore the fact that Ryan has the very same issues that you bitch about all the sabres having thou cause he is a fragile little child

I would like to see a detailed listing of Ryan's "issues."

"Fragile little children" came from Miller, has any of Ryan's teammates spoken out against him?

"Fragile little children" came from Miller, has any of Ryan's teammates spoken out against him?

Not that I am aware of but I don't follow the Ducks team closely

He doesn't seem to need any help with making it known he has issues considering he was the guy who came out and made the comments/complaints about the Ducks cause they put him on the block and how now he wants out. Of course you will come back with a comment similar to "well wouldn't you feel the same way if your team kept saying they would trade you" to which I can reply about feeling the same way Miller did after watching my team cower at the bench after the other team just ran right through me..........

It has been said that Ryan doesn't get along with Getzlaf or Perry. He obviously complains to the press when he feels upset with the team. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

Now picture this guy under Ruff's "guidance" - I'm sure you know how Ruff coaches. And you don't see a problem? Picture Derek Roy x2.

It has been said that Ryan doesn't get along with Getzlaf or Perry. He obviously complains to the press when he feels upset with the team. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

Now picture this guy under Ruff's "guidance" - I'm sure you know how Ruff coaches. And you don't see a problem? Picture Derek Roy x2.

Where has it been said?

There is a zero percent chance that Pominville gets traded while he still wears the C as long as Ruff is in the organization.

I think sometimes people are too focused on the #1 center idea. Almost every team needs centers and it would be great if the Sabres can find one. Problem is there just aren't many, if any, top tier centers available. IMO, the Sabres should be focused on those players that are currently available. Parise, Nash and Ryan are there for the taking. Any of the three will fill the Sabres biggest need, even bigger than center, which is top six skilled players that bring along a high level of compete.

I would like to question what makes you think Ryan and Nash have a high level of compete? Skilled, yes, but I don't think they have the effort night in and night out that Parise has. Both have had rough relationships with coaches, and have finally hated their situations so much that they ask for a trade.

Both have had rough relationships with coaches, and have finally hated their situations so much that they ask for a trade.

I don't believe Ryan asked for a trade. He said that he was open to being traded because it's hard to constantly be listed as the player on the trade market whenever the team needs help.

I don't believe Ryan asked for a trade. He said that he was open to being traded because it's hard to constantly be listed as the player on the trade market whenever the team needs help.

I agree. 30 goal scorers with high levels of compete don't make the trade list.

The tough part for Ryan is that the Ducks have more than just one big talented forward. There appears to be a pecking order with Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan. If the Ducks are going to bring in help they'll need to use some bait, and Ryan appears to be that bait.

There is a zero percent chance that Pominville gets traded while he still wears the C as long as Ruff is in the organization.

I would like to question what makes you think Ryan and Nash have a high level of compete? Skilled, yes, but I don't think they have the effort night in and night out that Parise has. Both have had rough relationships with coaches, and have finally hated their situations so much that they ask for a trade.

I've never been anything other than impressed when I have had the chance to watch Ryan and Nash play. Either would be an upgrade to what the Sabres currently have at forward. The Sabres must agree because they are pursuing Ryan.

Sabres were pursuing Parise and Suter too. Doesn't mean they'll get him.

Right now I'm as excited for next year as I am on bridge night.

guess your're palying strip bridge with the cast of 'Magic Mike' then...

guess your're palying strip bridge with the cast of 'Magic Mike' then...

That's a nine out of ten on the creep-o-meter.

Sabres were pursuing Parise and Suter too. Doesn't mean they'll get him.

Right now I'm as excited for next year as I am on bridge night.

The moves alone are not as exciting as the overall idea that the Sabres are admitting they had a problem and are taking steps to correct them. They are not going to change the culture of the franchise in this one off-season. It's going to take a couple of years until the idea of this team being tougher and tougher to play against becomes a reality.

That's a nine out of ten on the creep-o-meter.

The moves alone are not as exciting as the overall idea that the Sabres are admitting they had a problem and are taking steps to correct them. They are not going to change the culture of the franchise in this one off-season. It's going to take a couple of years until the idea of this team being tougher and tougher to play against becomes a reality.

Just seems Sabres have two more years of Vanek, Pominville, Ott and Miller. Then you have Myers, Ehrhoff, Leino. I know much can change every year but there seems to be a missing link right now. Grigorenko?

Just seems Sabres have two more years of Vanek, Pominville, Ott and Miller. Then you have Myers, Ehrhoff, Leino. I know much can change every year but there seems to be a missing link right now. Grigorenko?

Grigs, Girgs, Armia and Ennis and Hodgson continuing development. We have good depth going forward but I understand your point about this year. It seems as though there will not be a major improvement to this roster this offseason. IMHO, 3years from now the Sabres will have a shot of winning a cup. Next offseason depending on a lot of factors but players such as Perry, Getzlaf, Hartnell, Morrow, Streit, and Horton will be UFA's. Thats some serieous grit and a lot of points. Those players depending on contract negotiations will be trade bait or UFA's within the next year. Be excited for the development of our young guns.

Archived