Would you trade...

nfreeman

If you were DR, would you agree to the following deals?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Vanek and McNabb for Nash?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you trade Vanek, McNabb and a #1 for Nash?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you trade Pommer and McNabb for Bobby Ryan?

• Yes
    • No

I am excited about the new players we got so far and the players already gone. Also I disagree that you can't change the culture of this team in one season. I think the moves made since the trade deadline up to now have sent a clear message and I think Hodgsen will help instill a training ethic that will rub off on the younger sabres and I think Ott is gonna have a big impact on changing playing habits across all lines. That or Ott will end up killing one of his teammates...........

since there's no recent propose-a-trade threads that i can find, nashville has more than a few holes on their blue line...is there a trade partner there for a center? outside of legwand (fans might riot?), anything worth it?

I'm sure Miller was only talking about everyone else when he called his teammates "fragile little children."

Really? I thought freeman came up with "fragile little children."

I've never been anything other than impressed when I have had the chance to watch Ryan and Nash play. Either would be an upgrade to what the Sabres currently have at forward. The Sabres must agree because they are pursuing Ryan.

I agree wholeheartedly here. Nash or Ryan would upgrade this crop of forwards big time.

since there's no recent propose-a-trade threads that i can find, nashville has more than a few holes on their blue line...is there a trade partner there for a center? outside of legwand (fans might riot?), anything worth it?

I think Nashville itself is too thin at center to deal one, even if they do need defensive help now. In fact their forward ranks as a whole are pretty thin, don't think they're a good trade partner for the Sabres.

The tough part for Ryan is that the Ducks have more than just one big talented forward. There appears to be a pecking order with Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan. If the Ducks are going to bring in help they'll need to use some bait, and Ryan appears to be that bait.

I've never been anything other than impressed when I have had the chance to watch Ryan and Nash play. Either would be an upgrade to what the Sabres currently have at forward. The Sabres must agree because they are pursuing Ryan.

I think this is true of Nash, but I think Vanek is about as good as Ryan is. I would trade Vanek for Ryan but age, contract and disappointment with the Sabres' core would be factors nearly as important as on-ice skill, which is pretty even. I would trade Pommer and a lesser prospect or pick for Ryan.

Really? I thought freeman came up with "fragile little children."

I appreciate it (unless you were being sarcastic), but no -- Miller said something like "we can't fall apart like a bunch of fragile little children" at some point either in 2009-10 or 2010-11.

I wouldn't trade Vanek or Pommer for either, I want us to get better, not just trade pieces and maybe add 5 goals a year. a top 6 with 3 of the wingers being Van, Pom and Nash/Ryan sounds exciting. Nash would be preferable for me as we're weaker at RW than LW, but to be honest it's whoever is willing to give a fair deal. Both are asking too much at the moment.

Just seems Sabres have two more years of Vanek, Pominville, Ott and Miller. Then you have Myers, Ehrhoff, Leino. I know much can change every year but there seems to be a missing link right now. Grigorenko?

IMO, when this team is ready to take that step to being a Cup contender Vanek, Pominville and Miller will no longer be Sabres. Or, at least two of the three.

The tough part for Ryan is that the Ducks have more than just one big talented forward. There appears to be a pecking order with Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan. If the Ducks are going to bring in help they'll need to use some bait, and Ryan appears to be that bait.

I agree that they would be an improvement, both are better goal scorers than our current best, Vanek. But I don't think either addresses the "compete" issue.

Right now I'm as excited for next year as I am on bridge night.

But what about this roster in 2013-2014? You have McNabb, Armia, Grigs, and Gus on the Roster and Hodgson, Ennis, Myers, and Foligno entering their early primes. If we do nothing for the next 12 months, we'll still be improved going into the following season. I'd still like to put together a good team now so those guys can learn what it's like to win.

Archived