Washington Not Far From Raleigh Pillaging Anyone?

plenzmd1

Okay fellas, know we have a ton of DC based folks here..whos going? I think the raping , pillaging and baby eating can certainly be sent north a couple hundred miles and can commence NOW!!!!! We need to be loud and have those Cap fans hating us as much as the Canes fan hates us..and more than the Cap fans hate Pittsburgh fans.

Will be with the family in 117, row M WOO HOO end where the Sabres shoot twice..

My son will have his face painted in Blue and Gold, I have 4 free beer tickets, wife has committed to driving home...going to be a good night!!!

Fug the Red..Lets go Buff-a-lo

Wish I was still in Washington. Would join you in a heart beat. P.S. If you get too tired going back home, find a hotel in Alexandria, there are quite a few.

Sometimes the Key Bridge Marriot has sales going on too.

to funny, i am posting from the Key Bridge Marriot right now! Saw Mead from the Bills board in here last night as well. Great rate last night, $92 and that included breakfast for 4.

btw, cannot believe a hotel in this day and age has ino wifi in the rooms.

my son is with me in the lobby, he just wants to stay the next two nights...boy is fired up for this game!

to funny, i am posting from the Key Bridge Marriot right now! Saw Mead from the Bills board in here last night as well. Great rate last night, $92 and that included breakfast for 4.

btw, cannot believe a hotel in this day and age has ino wifi in the rooms.

my son is with me in the lobby, he just wants to stay the next two nights...boy is fired up for this game!

LOL, that is the one drawback. They keep saying they are renovating the place and never quite get there. But the pool is nice and if you have a CAT5 cable it works anyway for a laptop. Enjoy. P.S. Great Tiawanese restaurants around the corner and the caps practice rink is a short subway ride above the parking garage at the Ballston Mall in Arlington. Good restaurants up there too.

I'm going to buy my tickets when I get paid... lots of them still available, surprisingly. Caps fans are an absolute joke :)

Cap fans are lame! When I use to go to games they hung microphones over the one major section of cap fans and amplified their cheers to try and drown out Sabres fans in the upper levels. A couple of times I think we outdid the amplifiers.

I'm tempted to go, but I'll probably end up watching on TV. However with how cheap some of the tickets are, I may hit up my buddy in Philly and see if he wants to drive down for the game..

Looks like I'm going to game. Got club level on the side the Sabres shoot twice (228)!

I went to last game down here (right before new years) and had club seats with a bunch of "Caps" fans (some of them hadn't ever been to a NHL game before, but were rooting for the Caps simply because they are the home team) tickets were free though..so couldn't complain. I had been at the Sabres Caps game the day after Christmas up in Buffalo too. Personally I'm a Caps fan too..but never when they are playing the Sabres. I stopped rooting for the Caps to win a few weeks ago though since the Sabres really need them to lose.

The thing I've found about Caps fans in my 8 or so years here is most are bandwagoners. They have a core of really loyal, really loud fans, but the rest go because of how good they've been in the regular season the last few years. This is really more of Football/Basketball area. They used to (maybe they still do) pre-empt Caps games on CSN for Wizards games even though the Wizards are terrible.

I remember the first game I went to down here years back when the Caps basically had Ovi and no one else. It was their last home game of the season, so they were handing out swag for fan appreciation. Funny part was they were out of the playoff race and it was full of Sabres fans. We had lets go Buffalo cheers and after Miller posted a shutout the atmosphere outside the arena felt a Buffalo home game with happy Sabres fans everywhere.

I will be there! As a Buffalo transplant now living in MD, I am so excited to be so close to this game! I am hoping for a great game with 2 points as the result. And SabresBaltimore is right. I think we went to the same game. It was the year we clinched the President's Trophy in DC and it was fan appreciation day. I felt at home when cheering "Let's Go Buffalo" and all of the people who heckled me on the metro on the way to the game had no clue about facts or hockey, aside from the notion that Ovechkin was great and they suddenly had a hockey team.

Heading out to find the Caps game now, in Harrisburg for the evening..what a pit of a downtown

QFT, sadly. Even what little is there has only been there the last 10 years or so. Really wish I didn't have a presentation to give Wed. or I'd be seriously considering making the trip to DC Tues. night!

Im heading down early tomorrow...any bars neer Verizon center, Sabres friendly?

I am not sure about a Sabre Centric bar, but all of them are friendly and used to visiting fans. Just google up Penn Quarter Bars and Restuarnts and decide what type of place you want.

If you are a beer guy, this place always has a nice selection

http://www.lovethebeer.com/rfd.html

13 hours to puck drop.

Ill be in Standing room only near your seats in the side the sbaes shoot twice wearing a lafontaine USA jersey I bought at the world juniors last year

Did not know threy had SRO . I am not much of a gear guy, but the boy will have his face painted blue and gold,cmon by and say hey

Another Buffalo transplant in MD. I can't make this game tonight but usually attend when the Sabres are in town. Always lots of Buffalo jersey's around since there are tons of WNY transplants around here.

I think Caps fans get a little bit of a bad rap in this thread. While the entire fanbase are not as knowledgable about hockey as Buffalo fans...the core "rock the red" group are every bit as rowdy and loud as Sabres fans. What team doesn't have bandwagoners when they are winning? The Caps have a solid fanbase and the people are into it. Should be a great atmosphere tonight.

Archived