GDT: Buffalo at Boston (3/8/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

Speaking of stealing, Brad Boyes is stealing money form the Sabres. What is the purpose of even dressing him for games. He brings absolutely nothing to the rink game after game. He would have to step up his game 10 fold just to reach the level of a Bob Corkum.

Kinda like silly Ville. He is getting over 6 mil this year for what?? And people still seem to think Darcy knows what he is doing.

Kinda like silly Ville. He is getting over 6 mil this year for what?? And people still seem to think Darcy knows what he is doing.

The real question (yes, I know it is discussed all over this board) is does Pegula have the stones to finally fire Darcy at the end of the season. C'mon, Terry!

Leino played pretty well tonight though. At least I think so.

I'm no fan of Leino, at least he does something positive once in awhile. The Sabres would get more out of Boyes if they put his equipment and uniform into a garbage bag and tossed it onto the ice for 30 seconds 20 times a game.

I missed some of the game - but I did note that both quick Boston goals in the 3rd period - Roy was on the ice during both. In fact, the first goal - it looks like he tried to get OUT of the way instead of blocking it. He just looked lazy and sloppy during both those shifts, and Buffalo paid the price by giving up a goal during both.

And Vanek got knocked out of the game?

Leino played pretty well tonight though. At least I think so.

Most of these guys can play pretty well, but that's why they are in the position they are. They all need to start playing really well or at least play as well as they are being paid to. Vanek, Roy, Stafford, Leino, Boyes, Meyers etc....are all stealing from the Sabres right now if you ask me.

I'm no fan of Leino, at least he does something positive once in awhile. The Sabres would get more out of Boyes if they put his equipment and

uniform into a garbage bag and tossed it onto the ice for 30 seconds 20 times a game.

That is the best line I have ever heard. Oh my God is that funny...... And true

I'm no fan of Leino, at least he does something positive once in awhile. The Sabres would get more out of Boyes if they put his equipment and uniform into a garbage bag and tossed it onto the ice for 30 seconds 20 times a game.

Agreed.

And this was a second-string Boston team playing a Sabres team supposedly desperate for points to make the playoffs. Makes the loss even worse when you think of it that way.

Leave to the Sabres to get the struggling Bruins back on track.

What's Hodgson's contract like, can he be sent to Rochester for the playoffs along w Tropp? At least I'll be able to watch the Amerks this post-season.

I would guess he would have to clear waivers. Which he wouldn't.

Hodgson is very disapointing. Especially bc it's his fault we had to move ennis (who was surging at center) back to wing. I mean, not 1 point since he's been here. No excuse for a 2nd line center.

You are aware of the underlying fact that Hodgson is on a team that has scored 13goals in 6games... If anything he has been the first defensively responsible center on this team since Drury. Also if Regier had moved Roy or Ruff had the balls to put him on the 3rd line, Tyler Ennis would still be at center. There is a great excuse for a 2nd line center not to have any points when hes on a line with Stafford... but you are right I wish we had kept that RW guy who played worse than Hodgson... cuz he weighed more... and thats all that matters...

They LOST TO BOSTON! Why are ppl freaking out? I am gonna tune out for 24hours cuz i dont wanna listen to it.

Speaking of stealing, Brad Boyes is stealing money form the Sabres. What is the purpose of even dressing him for games. He brings absolutely nothing to the rink game after game. He would have to step up his game 10 fold just to reach the level of a Bob Corkum.

The Sabres would get more out of Boyes if they put his equipment and uniform into a garbage bag and tossed it onto the ice for 30 seconds 20 times a game.

Did you catch Darcy's comment after the trade deadline that they had received offers for him, but since they were already trading Goose, they couldn't trade him, too. :wallbash:

They LOST TO BOSTON! Why are ppl freaking out? I am gonna tune out for 24hours cuz i dont wanna listen to it.

But this was a Boston team that was 14-14 and had been shut out 4 times since Jan 1st. They were also missing a bunch of guys from the starting lineup. They were ripe for the taking.

You can't play the kid once since Jan 18th and expect much more than what he gave tonight.

I just listened to Enroth's presser.he said he was tired by the 2nd period, that is Lindy's fault, you can't play a Goalie once a month or less and expect him to be on top of his game. With that said Enroth still looked sharp at times, on the 1st two goals it be hard to blame him, one was a tip right in front of him and on the second one he was screened, on the 3rd goal, Enroth took full responsibility and even said he did not know what he was doing on that goal, he should of had it. Lindy Ruff has no idea how to handle a backup goalie and a goalie rotation.

I'm not optimistic that Darcy will add size to the forward group in the offseason, but he must--- our forwards are absolutely suffocated on the ice. They have no room to operate in the offensive zone, if they can even maintain possession of the puck. The only hope we'd have in the postseason is if Miller continued his hot streak, the defense stayed tight and collapsed in front of the ne consistently,, and the Power Play clicked. The PP has been atrocious, despite the two goals against Carolina. With no PP and forwards that are built to be manhandled, there's really nothing in their future but a 5 game loss to the Rangers.

Having said all that, they still have a chance at 8. Let's beat Ottawa on Saturday night and keep moving forward.

Archived