Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

http://forum.canucks...st__p__10579680

Seems like not everyone in Vancover is anomored with their acquisitions of our "misued power fowards"...

does that mean happy or angry? Somebody should tell that board that it's Lindy fault for coaching the talent out of him.

Edit: nevermind i know what you meant now (enamored)

Edited by Patty16

does that mean happy or angry? Somebody should tell that board that it's Lindy fault for coaching the talent out of him.

yikes. that was bad.

Seems like not everyone in Vancover is enamored with their acquisitions of our "misued power fowards"...

yikes. that was bad.

And he's not even calling you out for "misued" :P

Seems like not everyone in Vancover is enamored with their acquisitions of our "misued power fowards"...

Hodgson is a young kid and would likely have many fans while in Vancouver. It doesn't mean anything. Look at how many people here that were happy with the Stafford contract this past off-season and how silly they look now.

Edited by DeLuca67

Hodgson is a young kid and would likely have many fans while in Vancouver. It doesn't mean anything. Look at how many people here that were happy with the Stafford contract this past off-season and how silly they look now.

I don't think that is the best comparison, it is more like imagine if we traded Foligno now for someone. Fans here would be very upset, especially if the early signs had the other team getting the better of the trade. Stafford...well, we had seen him for years, and knew that it was possible for him to disappear off the face of the planet.

Not many, I remember most people thinking Stafford should have had a 1 year deal as he had proved little.

I wonder what the reaction will be in Vancouver to the thought that they traded away a guy who gave them some goals for a guy who they didn't even dress in an elimination game???

I can admit I was one of the people kind of ok with the stafford contract before the season. Thou to be fair I think I said it was a overpayment and to long of a contract for him but that if he turned the corner as a player it would be a good deal.

Still if he comes back next season and plays even 2/3rds as good as played on that line with Ennis, then his contract will become a nice deal again

I think writing off Stafford's contract after a 20/30 performance is silly. He has plenty of time to make that contract worth while. He made the same salary as Roy and produced more goals and total points. Also, if you look around the league, there were plenty of worse contracts (Leino amongst them).

I think writing off Stafford's contract after a 20/30 performance is silly. He has plenty of time to make that contract worth while. He made the same salary as Roy and produced more goals and total points. Also, if you look around the league, there were plenty of worse contracts (Leino amongst them).

Roy had one bad year, this one just gone. His was a $4mill contract for a 70 point producer.

Our team under performed. Literally everyone did (bar Pominville and Ennis and Foligno, if he counts). I hope Regier knows what to do, as i am not too sure what went wrong, maybe it was the new player lack of chemistry combined with a load of injuries to different players, so the lines had to keep being muddled. I don't really know.

As for Roy's contract, it really isn't that bad. He has proven he is can get to 80 points, this season he was bad, but maybe he was out of shape from missing 6 months last year? It is harder to attain fitness than it is to lose or maintain it. I think for those people who say i'd trade him for a hobo's left shoe, then they are poor businessmen. It is quite simple, if you have an asset, you use the asset. You do not throw it away. Most people sell their old cars when they get a new one, the old one is probably a bit ######, but you still don't just burn it do you?

Our team under performed. Literally everyone did (bar Pominville and Ennis and Foligno, if he counts). I hope Regier knows what to do, as i am not too sure what went wrong, maybe it was the new player lack of chemistry combined with a load of injuries to different players, so the lines had to keep being muddled. I don't really know.

As for Roy's contract, it really isn't that bad. He has proven he is can get to 80 points, this season he was bad, but maybe he was out of shape from missing 6 months last year? It is harder to attain fitness than it is to lose or maintain it. I think for those people who say i'd trade him for a hobo's left shoe, then they are poor businessmen. It is quite simple, if you have an asset, you use the asset. You do not throw it away. Most people sell their old cars when they get a new one, the old one is probably a bit ######, but you still don't just burn it do you?

Didn't Ennis massively underperform before his injury? Agree with the rest of the post, good point.

Edited by RazielSabre

Didn't Ennis massively underperform before his injury? Agree with the rest of the post, good point.

His injury came 7 games into the season. Then he came back for roughly 2 weeks before injuring the ankle again. It's tough to label someone as massively underperforming in such a short amount of time.

And in case you're wondering, he had 0 points in those first 7 and then 5 points in the 8 games prior to the second injury.

His injury came 7 games into the season. Then he came back for roughly 2 weeks before injuring the ankle again. It's tough to label someone as massively underperforming in such a short amount of time.

And in case you're wondering, he had 0 points in those first 7 and then 5 points in the 8 games prior to the second injury.

Ok, I didn't check the numbers.

Gillis commented during his end of year presser that Hodgson wanted out of Vancouver. They were hesitant at first because Kesler was injured.

Gillis: "I spent more time with Cody's issues than every other player combined for the last 3 years."

He had a list of 6 players he would trade Cody for. Kassian was one of them.

Gillis commented during his end of year presser that Hodgson wanted out of Vancouver. They were hesitant at first because Kesler was injured.

Gillis: "I spent more time with Cody's issues than every other player combined for the last 3 years."

He had a list of 6 players he would trade Cody for. Kassian was one of them.

Gillis will never say he made a bad deal for Kassian.

If Cody Hodgson believes in himself enough to want out of Vancouver, then this bodes well for the Sabres.

I don't think it's arrogance but more so, confidence. He knew he was always a 3rd line guy for the foreseeable future and wanted to play a bigger role. He's got his chance so let's up he proves his worth for us.

And the actual quotes are here.... Nowhere did he say "his issues"....

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/sports/Canucks+Gillis+tight+lipped+about+Vancouver+future/6510093/story.html?rel=894638

Edited by rickshaw

If Cody Hodgson believes in himself enough to want out of Vancouver, then this bodes well for the Sabres.

I don't think it's arrogance but more so, confidence. He knew he was always a 3rd line guy for the foreseeable future and wanted to play a bigger role. He's got his chance so let's up he proves his worth for us.

http://www.theprovin...html?rel=894638

Just what is this supposed to mean then?

“I spent more time on him in the last three years than all of the other players put together. We made the determination he didn't want to be here."

http://www.theprovin...html?rel=894638

Good thing Hodgson landed on a team with a "players coach." :doh: