GDT:Sabres at Red Wings 1-16-12 7:30PM

itbeatswalking

Had tickets for tonight's game. I Live in Erie 3-4 hour drive. I usually go to the Joe two three times a year. For this game nope not worth it to see these clowns. I'll hate myself for wasting just my time later.

I love going to Detroit. With all the tradition and banners the place is awesome. There is absolutely nothing but Red wings there. They do it right. Its just too bad I can't stand them. It's just sad to me that I would really rather wait and see the Hawks or Habs later this year.

Had tickets for tonight's game. I Live in Erie 3-4 hour drive. I usually go to the Joe two three times a year. For this game nope not worth it to see these clowns. I'll hate myself for wasting just my time later.

I love going to Detroit. With all the tradition and banners the place is awesome. There is absolutely nothing but Red wings there. They do it right. Its just too bad I can't stand them. It's just sad to me that I would really rather wait and see the Hawks or Habs later this year.

I would kill to see the Wings at the Joe. Datsyuk's antics must make that place electric.

Watching NHL Live, EJ Hradek just got asked if he thought Detroit's home win streak would end tonight. His response "Nope. And I feel no need to elaborate on that" aka "the Sabres are such a joke I'm not even going to bother reasoning it out".

I would kill to see the Wings at the Joe. Datsyuk's antics must make that place electric.

The pregame makes it worth while. Datsyuk playing with the puck in the faceoff dot. Zetterberg flying around with the perfect slicked hair. The whole team looking like they mean business. Those damn banners all hundred of them.

Then you got to watch the Sabres f.ing around at the other end. I just can't take it.

If you ever get a chance, go there whether you love like or hate the Wings. That place is Hockey Heaven. Sit up top so the Banners are at eye level and seen to surround you.

F the wings I hate them, but they make me so damn jealous. I can't take watching them outclass our team.

WTF? Is it my job now to provide hope to you people?

The Wings are 3-2 in their last five games. Those two loses have been to the Islanders and Leafs with a combined score of 9-3.

On the other hand, the Wings are 3-0 against the Eastern Division, at home, out scoring the Sens, Jets and Lightning 16-6.

I suck at providing hope. :doh:

The pregame makes it worth while. Datsyuk playing with the puck in the faceoff dot. Zetterberg flying around with the perfect slicked hair. The whole team looking like they mean business. Those damn banners all hundred of them.

Then you got to watch the Sabres f.ing around at the other end. I just can't take it.

If you ever get a chance, go there whether you love like or hate the Wings. That place is Hockey Heaven. Sit up top so the Banners are at eye level and seen to surround you.

F the wings I hate them, but they make me so damn jealous. I can't take watching them outclass our team.

There's a few arenas I really want to see games at: The Joe and the Xcel Center. Maybe someday I'll make a week of it and hit both of them.

And unlike you, I just can't hate the Wings. I want to. But I can't. There's just too many guys on that team I like and the history is grand. Reading "Gordie" really helped my appreciation of that team. Someday I hope the Sabres could be as great as the winged wheel.

I've seen one game in the Joe. I remember it as October 2001. It was just after 9/11 and during the arsenic scare. I flew with my 11 year old son through airports and armed guards. We went to see his favorite former Sabre, Hasek, in his first game against Buffalo. We were guests of a local bank and had dinner in the Joe's version of the Aud Club. His best memory is a shoe shine machine and mouthwash available in the bathroom. Ah, to be a kid. I remember the feel. Detroit fans know the game and love their team. I think half the arena wore jerseys. Detroit 4, Buffalo 2, if I remember. If you get a chance, go ...

Archived