Marvelo

I don't think I've seen the WTF Wave from Miller lately.

Maybe the coaches picked up on it and told him not to do it anymore.

Instead of the WTF Wave, what I've seen after goals is "the Look Up."

(I think "the Look Up" is an equal and opposite gesture to defeatist "Look Down," which is usually only used in championship games.)

This look skywards, a recent tic that Miller has employed after a disappointing goal, is equally as deflating and irritating to me as a fan, (as well I'm sure the other players) as a WTF Wave.

Even more disturbing, Enroth seems to have adapted this "Look Up" gesture from his mentor..I haven't seen the Look Up from Enroth until recently.

Would it be too much to ask for our goalies not to artistically emote disappointment so well on the ice?

(I think "the Look Up" is an equal and opposite gesture to defeatist "Look Down," which is usually only used in championship games.)

This look skywards, a recent tic that Miller has employed after a disappointing goal, is equally as deflating and irritating to me as a fan, (as well I'm sure the other players) as a WTF Wave.

Even more disturbing, Enroth seems to have adapted this "Look Up" gesture from his mentor..I haven't seen the Look Up from Enroth until recently.

Would it be too much to ask for our goalies not to artistically emote disappointment so well on the ice?

I actually think he is looking at the replay on the scoreboard to see what happened.

What your seeing is an acknoledgement of the fact that it is actually him who is sucking on goals not a d man blocking him. Therefore there is no wtf wave. It is instead a time of personal reflection. Kinda like an OMG thing.

What your seeing is an acknoledgement of the fact that it is actually him who is sucking on goals not a d man blocking him. Therefore there is no wtf wave. It is instead a time of personal reflection. Kinda like an OMG thing.

As the person who coined Mller's action as the "WTF Wave", I completely disagree. You don't see him do the wave when he is beaten on a shot he has a clear look at. It is usually seen when he is screened, or the puck is deflected by one of his own player.

As the person who coined Mller's action as the "WTF Wave", I completely disagree. You don't see him do the wave when he is beaten on a shot he has a clear look at. It is usually seen when he is screened, or the puck is deflected by one of his own player.

Right. But they aren't screening him is my point. So therefore it's on him and he doesn't know how to blame himself yet. Im not sure why though because he has been sucking so often that he should have this new move perfected.

I've been reluctant to join the Trade-Miller-Bandwagon since this team started it's rough stretch. But now I'm on it. There has not been a game this year so far that you could definitively say our goaltending won the game for us. That's pathetic and probably the main reason we haven't won two consecutive games since November. While I refuse to admit that Miller is a below average goalie, I do think now that, like Ruff, it's not working anymore.

I have. Several goalies, in fact. Tim Thomas did it a couple times today against Van.

Miller does it much more often. He's become a master at the slow incredulous Look Up. It's becoming his signature move after the WTF Wave, which was a monster hit in its time.

Miller does it much more often. He's become a master at the slow incredulous Look Up. It's becoming his signature move after the WTF Wave, which was a monster hit in its time.

I feel like you're looking for something to be irritated with. Every goalie does it.

I'm not irritated, I'm fascinated. Don't know about you but I'm getting a fair amount of humor out of this.

I actually have no opinion on this, other than that it feels nitpicky. It reminds me of the comments we've seen in the past about "Miller should stop being a prima donna and just get off the ice instead of needing to be the last one off and do his little half-circle" and "Miller should spend less time meditating before the game and more time worrying about stopping the puck".

I actually have no opinion on this, other than that it feels nitpicky. It reminds me of the comments we've seen in the past about "Miller should stop being a prima donna and just get off the ice instead of needing to be the last one off and do his little half-circle" and "Miller should spend less time meditating before the game and more time worrying about stopping the puck".

You're taking this too seriously. It's for fun.

Archived