Leino suspended one game

Punch

Sabres' Leino to face hearing Thursday:

"Buffalo's Ville Leino will face a hearing with the Department of Player Safety on Thursday afternoon.

Leino's hearing is in regard to the elbow he delivered to the head of Philadelphia's Matt Read in Wednesday night's game, a 5-4 overtime win by the Flyers."

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=605395

"Buffalo's Ville Leino will face a hearing with the Department of Player Safety on Thursday afternoon.

Leino's hearing is in regard to the elbow he delivered to the head of Philadelphia's Matt Read in Wednesday night's game, a 5-4 overtime win by the Flyers."

I thought there was an exemption if you were a minus 3 in the game you committed the infraction in?

but nothing for the guy that boarded and concussed Gerbe?

He's got what, 38 minutes of penalties in 150 games? I don't see him getting much. Especially seeing he barely nicked him. Fine him for the intent but I see no suspension.

Any word on whether it is on the phone or in person?

Any word on whether Bourdon will also be having a hearing?

If Leino gets a hearing for barely brushing a guy that wasn't penalized or even acknowledged by anyone outside of the broadcast booth in the game but Bourdon gets a pass for boarding a guy square between the numbers which results in a penalty and a concussion to a guy already wearing a full face shield then the fix is officially in.

I HATE SHANNY!

Any word on whether it is on the phone or in person?

Any word on whether Bourdon will also be having a hearing?

If Leino gets a hearing for barely brushing a guy that wasn't penalized or even acknowledged by anyone outside of the broadcast booth in the game but Bourdon gets a pass for boarding a guy square between the numbers which results in a penalty and a concussion to a guy already wearing a full face shield then the fix is officially in.

I HATE SHANNY!

my thoughts exactly KR. gah!

Everyone should feel a little bit ashamed for mocking Leino's play this season. If anything, Leino deserves praise for never using his hearing loss as an excuse. Sure, being deaf is great for tuning out Lindy's constant ragging on the bench, but I'll bet Leino is glad to have his hearing today none the less.

GO SABRES!!!

Everyone should feel a little bit ashamed for mocking Leino's play this season. If anything, Leino deserves praise for never using his hearing loss as an excuse. Sure, being deaf is great for tuning out Lindy's constant ragging on the bench, but I'll bet Leino is glad to have his hearing today none the less.

GO SABRES!!!

:clapping:

Video:

Just because Read didn't get injured does not mean that Leino should not get punished. That was such an obvious act that they are looking to get rid of. As someone said upthread, he deserves whatever he gets.

Just as long as it's not more than Lucic got.

Haha. meh.

This team even cheap-shots like a bunch of kitties...

And the Gerbe play happens 5 times a game. Just happens a 5'2" has less of a chance when hit from behind. I saw Adam Mair do that exact same thing 30-50 times as a Sabre.

That elbow had less effect than Baron Mikel Scicluna's body shots to Andre the Giant.

People trying to write the Bourdon hit on Gerbe off as a normal play are sick in the head. Bourdon knew exactly what he was doing and was yucking it up in the box immediately after. Gerbe was already hurting, and was one of Buffalo's only good players against them last year in the first round. He wanted to take Gerbe out and he got away with it. It was a hit that didn't need to happen. Height should not be a factor.

Archived