I'm Embarrassed

Warriorspikes51

Did you watch the game or are you just repeating what you've heard/read instead of thinking for yourself. Vanek and Sekera both got in there and pushed Lucic around a bit. THEY DID WHAT THEY COULD AT THE TIME. At least that's how I saw it. Lucic was then quickly surrounded by Bruin players. I also find it rather interesting that no one bothers to mention the great hit Kaleta put on Chara.

The type of fan who calls players pussies is a foolish man.

Hippie love? No way. How about not being pathetic backbiters toward a team you supposedly follow.

Pushed....looked more like they were offering to give him a massage..."Oh poor Lucic...did you hurt your shoulder after the cheap-shot on our goalie?...maybe we can rub it a little for you and you'll feel better so you can cheap shot another one of our players...just please don't hit me okay...as long as I give you a massage?!?!

There are some unwritten rules in hockey at any level...one of them is not to mess with a team's goalie...maybe you've never played hockey to know this? BTW, Kaleta's hit on Chara was great...but it would have been more impactful if it was on Lucic....sorry, but it has no bearing on the lack of response to Lucic IMHO

This was a watershed moment for this team and they admit that they failed. For us fans to discuss that failure and debate what they should do to rectify this 'unfortunate' incident isn't being a bad fan nor is it jumping off the bandwagon. What you have to realize warriorspike51 is that people are allowed opinions without being labelled bad fans ( whatever that means ) and certainly without you being some kind of judge that admonishes others for their stance. You need to calm down a bit and quit kicking others off the wagon for their opinions.

What lack of response are you referring to? When Vanek got in there? When Sekera got in there? When Myers got in there. They didn't just stand there and do nothing. They got after him, did what they could. If you punch Lucic, you probably get destroyed. The Bruins players were in there very fast. You want Chara, Lucic and Boychuck fighting with our top line forwards?

The reason the media and many in the hockey world were "appalled" is because they don't want to appear weak to others. They want the praises of men, so they tend to agree with whatever is trending as the popular opinion.

The psychobabble you have laid out with every one of your posts on this topic is beyond belief. I hereby nominate you for the "Neville Chamberlain Award" for how NOT to win championships.

I have not read a single post suggesting Pomminstein or Vanek go one on one with Lucic. Not one. But there were 45-50 minutes left in the game, McFly. The entire world was appalled (save for you) because the Sabres put up a collective white flag after the cheap shot on Miller. That just doesn't compute in the world of professional, competitive athletics. Who gives a damn what Vanek or Sekera did right after the hit. It's the fact that NO ONE on the entire team responded to it for two and a half periods! What don't you get about this?

The Sabres not only rolled over for the rest of the game, they shined the Bruins' shoes, too. You make it sound as if intimidation and physical aggression are the unfortunate byproduct of overzealous Neanderthals who do not understand what "friendly competition" means. Perhaps we should simply bake Lucic a cake and let bygones be bygones. That'll get us closer to a Cup.

And please, spare me the "Oh, see, you're just copying what you read on other posts," crap.

I'll hate myself for this, but, I'm curious. What do YOU think the Sabres should have done after the hit?

The psychobabble you have laid out with every one of your posts on this topic is beyond belief. I hereby nominate you for the "Neville Chamberlain Award" for how NOT to win championships.

I was pissed there was no retaliation. However, he's the only person I've read thus far that isn't saying the Sabres are gutless, Ruff has to go, Myers is a disapointment, we are nowhere near being a serious contender etc. etc. He's offering up a different side to this discussion and I'm sure he should be personally attacked by multiple posters. But that's just my opinion.

By the way, I haven't seen this board blow up like this in a long time.

Tim Thomas via Vogl via boston dude

"Basically from my perspective, I was just trying to, after that happened, make sure that I was on my toes. I didn’t know if there would be a kind of retribution hit. That’s kind of the old school way. That’s really all I’ve got to say about it. I will say that as a goalie, you’re not even prepared for people to hit you in a situation like that. You’ve been trained over the course of your whole career that you’re not going to get hit in situations like that. So it must have taken him by surprise."

Tim Thomas via Vogl via boston dude

"Basically from my perspective, I was just trying to, after that happened, make sure that I was on my toes. I didn’t know if there would be a kind of retribution hit. That’s kind of the old school way. That’s really all I’ve got to say about it. I will say that as a goalie, you’re not even prepared for people to hit you in a situation like that. You’ve been trained over the course of your whole career that you’re not going to get hit in situations like that. So it must have taken him by surprise."

Very interesting. Sounds like he openly thinks Lucic was in the wrong.

The Sabres lack of reaction of their all star goaltender being roadkilled on the ice is what's embarrassing.

I can say one thing: if the goalie on my team was run like that, whether I was on the ice or the bench, I'd be grappling the nearest opposing player in the building.

The Sabres rolled over and died after Miller went down. Cowardly and disgusting.

At least Vanek threw a shoulder into Lucic after the play. Sekera looked perfectly contempt to just skate away to the corner.

I didn't say that. But I wanted to play them more than the Flyers....

Well, you said the Sabres won the season series against Boston, which suggests you felt we would have beaten them in the playoffs. What point were you trying to make exactly?

Were you into hockey yet the year prior? When Buffalo lost to Boston in the playoffs?

Also sounds like he thought the Sabres would respond.

I know. There was a play not long after that (actually it may have been early in the second) where Kaleta had a semi break away where he was driving the net. I honestly thought he was going to run right through Thomas. Disappointed he didn't.

Fill in the blank ...

Lucic is to Krejci as Semenko is to Gretzy as Gillies is to Bossy as _____ is to Vanek.

Let me know when Mr.Blank is signed.

Brian McGratton (sp?) might be good...may not be too expensive. Don't forget to mention that once upon a time we had one of the best...#27 Larry Playfair...best Heavyweight fighter we've ever had in my opinon. Not a goon at all, but would always be counted upon to look out for his team members.

Fill in the blank ...

Lucic is to Krejci as Semenko is to Gretzy as Gillies is to Bossy as _____ is to Vanek.

Let me know when Mr.Blank is signed.

By inference, Krejci is similar to Gretzky, who is similar to Bossy? Are you ###### kidding?

Hippie love? No way. How about not being pathetic backbiters toward a team you supposedly follow.

I cannot imagine what a twisted definition you have for the word FAN. I have been a die-hard fan of this team since the spin of the wheel. Do you even have a clue what the spin of the wheel means?

I have spent money on tickets, comcessions, and merchandise for over 40 years. I have cheered until I'm hoarse, and I carry with me every glorious moment in team history and the scars of disappointment, as well. No one cheers and compliments the team when they give their best effort more than I do. But, since the first puck was dropped for the Sabres, I have had only ONE GOAL as a FAN: to see my team win a Cup.

Since that is my only goal, I support them through thick and thin. But that means I am at liberty to disapprove and criticize the team when they are not fulfilling their end of the bargain. That makes me MORE of a fan than you. I don't sit idly by when the organization screws up and lets Drury and Briere walk, then over-pays for Vanek...all in one off-season. I don't make excuses when the team doesn't defend one of it's own for 50 minutes, I critique and challenge.

To have you judge me as less than a complete or true fan because I voice disagreement or displeasure with the team OCCASIONALLY is offensive. And to think I a defending myself as a Buffalo Sabres FAN to you disgusts me even more.

Go back to reading your romance novel.

I will say that I'm ok with nothing being done immediately, based on who we had on the ice.

I'm not. You clear the damn bench and face the suspensions that come with it. Yer a bunch of millionaires, you can afford it. And the season is young. You can make up the points that you give up for being men.

I was getting a chuckle out of that myself.

Just trying to make the point of protector to protected. Go ahead and replace Lucic->Krejci with Schultz->Clarke or any other

enforcer->scorer combo. We're still missing the enforcer piece ...

I cannot imagine what a twisted definition you have for the word FAN. I have been a die-hard fan of this team since the spin of the wheel. Do you even have a clue what the spin of the wheel means?

I have spent money on tickets, comcessions, and merchandise for over 40 years. I have cheered until I'm hoarse, and I carry with me every glorious moment in team history and the scars of disappointment, as well. No one cheers and compliments the team when they give their best effort more than I do. But, since the first puck was dropped for the Sabres, I have had only ONE GOAL as a FAN: to see my team win a Cup.

Since that is my only goal, I support them through thick and thin. But that means I am at liberty to disapprove and criticize the team when they are not fulfilling their end of the bargain. That makes me MORE of a fan than you. I don't sit idly by when the organization screws up and lets Drury and Briere walk, then over-pays for Vanek...all in one off-season. I don't make excuses when the team doesn't defend one of it's own for 50 minutes, I critique and challenge.

To have you judge me as less than a complete or true fan because I voice disagreement or displeasure with the team OCCASIONALLY is offensive. And to think I a defending myself as a Buffalo Sabres FAN to you disgusts me even more.

Go back to reading your romance novel.

POST OF THE YEAR.

Just trying to make the point of protector to protected. Go ahead and replace Lucic->Krejci with Schultz->Clarke or any other

enforcer->scorer combo. We're still missing the enforcer piece ...

We're also missing the dedicated scorer piece, which is missing with the Krejci and Clarke analogies as well. The Sabres aren't built around one superstar scorer with enforcers around him, and haven't been for a long time. The entire model that you present is inapplicable, even if all of us wanted someone to step up last night. I'm not sure that model exists anywhere in the NHL other than Pittsburgh right now, and look how well it's done there for the last 9 or 10 months

Archived