I'm Embarrassed

Warriorspikes51

One fan says the Sabres are "gutless cowards" and then everyone else decides to follow that sentiment. Considering who was on the ice with Lucic when he hit Miller, I can't expect more from them. They did what they could. Besides, a whole bunch of Bruins got in there in a hurry to surround Lucic. Kaleta later on laid a nicee clean hit on Chara, of course none of the "embarrassed Sabres fans" give 2 hoots because their too busy crying about how if they were on the ice they would have pummeled Lucic. No, you would have hurt yourself. You want Van or Poms out for a month with a busted Jaw? No thanks. The thing that is embarrassing, pathetic and cowardly is the way a lot of you fans talk about your team. At the first sign of trouble, you bail.

The team just won 4 games, they have one poor game and you're ready to sell your mini pack? Why even bother being a fan.

The Sabres show some class by not running Thomas, or cheap shotting a Bruin player as "collateral damage" and all you "loyal" fans are so quick to label your team as a bunch of gutless coward pansies??? REALLY?

Grow up. It's easy to do what Lucic did. It's easy to play dirty. It's easy to drill someone from behind and act tough. Would it be nice to see a fair fight? Sure. But who knows if that opportunity presented itself. There's always next game.

One fan says the Sabres are "gutless cowards" and then everyone else decides to follow that sentiment. Considering who was on the ice with Lucic when he hit Miller, I can't expect more from them. They did what they could. Besides, a whole bunch of Bruins got in there in a hurry to surround Lucic. Kaleta later on laid a nicee clean hit on Chara, of course none of the "embarrassed Sabres fans" give 2 hoots because their too busy crying about how if they were on the ice they would have pummeled Lucic. No, you would have hurt yourself. You want Van or Poms out for a month with a busted Jaw? No thanks. The thing that is embarrassing, pathetic and cowardly is the way a lot of you fans talk about your team. At the first sign of trouble, you bail.

The team just won 4 games, they have one poor game and you're ready to sell your mini pack? Why even bother being a fan.

The Sabres show some class by not running Thomas, or cheap shotting a Bruin player as "collateral damage" and all you "loyal" fans are so quick to label your team as a bunch of gutless coward pansies??? REALLY?

Grow up. It's easy to do what Lucic did. It's easy to play dirty. It's easy to drill someone from behind and act tough. Would it be nice to see a fair fight? Sure. But who knows if that opportunity presented itself. There's always next game.

I will say that I'm ok with nothing being done immediately, based on who we had on the ice. That doesn't excuse them from doing nothing the rest of the game. They didn't even have the pride to stay competitive, either. Did you watch the third period? It was like an All-Star team vs a junior college club team. They were toying with the Sabres the entire period.

There's a reason everyone in the hockey world (not just Sabres fans) was appalled by the lack of response. Everyone.

Also there's already two threads you could have stashed this post into... why make a new one?

You make a few valid points but admit it. This team needs an injection of balls :blink: to truly compete with the big boys. We're not there yet as contenders and if you believe this team as it stands right now can truly contend you are sadly mistaken. I'm sure Darcy,Lindy and Tpegs are more than aware that there are still changes to be made. Lets hope heart and balls come with that.

Maybe he should ask for your permission next time?

Lol, no, maybe he should just use his head next time. :thumbsup: He's been making paraphrased versions of the same post in the other two threads where this discussion has been taking place... then he just adds some filler words and makes his own thread? Makes sense. lol

I will say that I'm ok with nothing being done immediately, based on who we had on the ice. That doesn't excuse them from doing nothing the rest of the game. They didn't even have the pride to stay competitive, either. Did you watch the third period? It was like an All-Star team vs a junior college club team. They were toying with the Sabres the entire period.

There's a reason everyone in the hockey world (not just Sabres fans) was appalled by the lack of response. Everyone.

Also there's already two threads you could have stashed this post into... why make a new one?

I bet you if you watched all of the Bruins regular season games last year, you'd have seen periods where they totally collapsed as well. Don't forget, we won the season series against them. It's an 82 game season, the team isn't always going to perform to the best of their ability, that's just how it goes.

Get real - the Bruins own the Sabres physically and you don't win playoff series when you're intimidated. Even little Marchand constantly gets away with slashing the back of players' legs when they're turned the other way. The Sabres do nothing ...

If someone doesn't step up and play a little dirty, the Bruins will continue to own us. Skill and toughness win cups, class means nothing without the other two.

And that has nothing to do with abandoning loyalty to the team ...

Get real - the Bruins own the Sabres physically and you don't win playoff series when you're intimidated. Even little Marchand constantly gets away with slashing the back of players' legs when they're turned the other way. The Sabres do nothing ...

If someone doesn't step up and play a little dirty, the Bruins will continue to own us. Skill and toughness win cups, class means nothing without the other two.

Someone needs to pop Marchand. Aside from Lucic, he's probably the biggest dbag on that team.

What lack of response are you referring to? When Vanek got in there? When Sekera got in there? When Myers got in there. They didn't just stand there and do nothing. They got after him, did what they could. If you punch Lucic, you probably get destroyed. The Bruins players were in there very fast. You want Chara, Lucic and Boychuck fighting with our top line forwards?

The reason the media and many in the hockey world were "appalled" is because they don't want to appear weak to others. They want the praises of men, so they tend to agree with whatever is trending as the popular opinion.

I agree with that.

I can understand that some players that were on the ice, weren't capable for not "fighting".

But, for example, look at the Ottawa brawl, changed the lines after the assessed penalty and put out Mair, Peters and Kaleta.

Tell me why we couldn't put any "grinders" out there...??

We're 0-1 to them this season. They beat us pretty good. Okay. It's one game. Did they "own" us last year? Nope. Go look at who won the season series.

What lack of response are you referring to? When Vanek got in there? When Sekera got in there? When Myers got in there. They didn't just stand there and do nothing. They got after him, did what they could. If you punch Lucic, you probably get destroyed. The Bruins players were in there very fast. You want Chara, Lucic and Boychuck fighting with our top line forwards?

The reason the media and many in the hockey world were "appalled" is because they don't want to appear weak to others. They want the praises of men, so they tend to agree with whatever is trending as the popular opinion.

No, it's because they've played and/or watched the game long enough to understand that ###### like that doesn't fly. Please don't say what Vanek/Sekera/Myers did was a "response." Like I said, I'm okay with Vanek and Pominville not doing anything, not challenging him to a fight or whatever. But McCormick, Kaleta, Goose, Regehr and I donno, Ellis, should have been out there the very next shift (yes on the PP). Boston was expecting it. Everyone was expecting it. It was laughable how they just did nothing.

How about Gaustad, owning up and saying he was embarrassed by how they responded? Uh, attention goose, YOU WERE ON THE ICE!! How can he even say that?

They were scared, that's the bottom line.

I agree with that.

I can understand that some players that were on the ice, weren't capable for not "fighting".

But, for example, look at the Ottawa brawl, changed the lines after the assessed penalty and put out Mair, Peters and Kaleta.

Tell me why we couldn't put any "grinders" out there...??

That's the same thing I'm wondering.

They play physical we dont. They can do what they want to us and they know it. Come playoff time this is the type of games you get. We are soft plan and simple. Maybe thats the reason they have a stanley cup and we get bounced in the first round every year. At some point in that game somebody should have thrown down the gloves

The same old excuse making we have seen over the years. Just like when Gomez took Miller out and the Sabres missed the playoffs or when the Bruins chopped down Vanek on their way to a first round victory.

Lucic had it spot on when he said that if that happened to the Bruins there would have been a response. They are a different team than the Sabres. They also happen to be the defending Stanley Cup champs.

I am also embarrassed how "a lot" of fans reacted after last night's game. I am embarrassed that "every" fan didn't react the same way. :thumbdown:

The same old excuse making we have seen over the years. Just like when Gomez took Miller out and the Sabres missed the playoffs or when the Bruins chopped down Vanek on their way to a first round victory.

Lucic had it spot on when he said that if that happened to the Bruins there would have been a response. They are a different team than the Sabres. They also happen to be the defending Stanley Cup champs.

I am also embarrassed how "a lot" of fans reacted after last night's game. I am embarrassed that "every" fan didn't react the same way. :thumbdown:

I didn't know that you were a Sabre fan?

Archived