I'm Embarrassed

Warriorspikes51

The same old excuse making we have seen over the years. Just like when Gomez took Miller out and the Sabres missed the playoffs or when the Bruins chopped down Vanek on their way to a first round victory.

Lucic had it spot on when he said that if that happened to the Bruins there would have been a response. They are a different team than the Sabres. They also happen to be the defending Stanley Cup champs.

I am also embarrassed how "a lot" of fans reacted after last night's game. I am embarrassed that "every" fan didn't react the same way. :thumbdown:

Maybe "Warrior" Spikes is related to Darcy?

I agree with that.

I can understand that some players that were on the ice, weren't capable for not "fighting".

But, for example, look at the Ottawa brawl, changed the lines after the assessed penalty and put out Mair, Peters and Kaleta.

Tell me why we couldn't put any "grinders" out there...??

Exactly. Right after the penalty was called, we should have put Myers, Regehr, Kaleta, McCormick, and Gaustad out there for the next shift. ###### the power play, you have to show you won't be pushed around or else be content with getting steam rolled.

Maybe "Warrior" Spikes is related to Darcy?

He is welcome to his opinion.

The three times I have been most proud to be a Sabres fan are:

1) The response to the Drury hit.

2) Brad Mays response to the cheap shot by Sean Antokski on Mathew Barney.

3) McGuire & Barrasso's response to the Red Wings.

Last night should have been a coming together moment for this team. Unfortunately it may be a moment we look back on at the end of the season while wondering what went wrong.

Exactly. Right after the penalty was called, we should have put Myers, Regehr, Kaleta, McCormick, and Gaustad out there for the next shift. ###### the power play, you have to show you won't be pushed around or else be content with getting steam rolled.

But instead....we just get rolled as a team!

It made me mad

Starting a thread to bash an entire fan board doesn't seem productive, I disagree with a lot of people here, I would NEVER say that I am embarrassed by Sabres Fans.

Buffalo/Rochester/Southern Ontario people are a rare combination of both smart/well educated and tough/hard working. Go around the country a bit, and you'll be reminded why Upstate NY is just about the best place on the planet.

I know I've posted that I don't think calling up three rookies is any kind of solution to this problem, and I still stand by that, but boy when these guys are ready in a couple years and our roster looks like this...

Vanek Adam Stafford

Gerbe Roy Kassian

Ennis Gaustad Pominville

Foligno McCormick Kaleta

Regehr Myers,

Weber Ehrhoff,

McNabb and Gragnani/Sekera

We'll stand a fighting chance maybe.

The team seems to agree with the fans:

"I hoped I could have done more there," Gaustad said today. "It was something where I thought it was an illegal hit and today it's one of those things you take a look at how guys respond and how I responded and I can only look at myself and look myself in the mirror. I wasn't good enough as a player last night to help the team win."

Said Regehr: "You want to stick up for one another and be there for one another. Do I think we could have done a better job of that? Yeah. Yeah, I do."

The team seems to agree with the fans:

The problem is saying it now means nothing. They can acknowledge that they did a poor job of sticking up for each other, but that's about the same as an unmotivated highschool student acknowledging that he could get better grades if he tried harder. Until you actually do something about it, it means nothing..

I know I've posted that I don't think calling up three rookies is any kind of solution to this problem, and I still stand by that, but boy when these guys are ready in a couple years and our roster looks like this...

Vanek Adam Stafford

Gerbe Roy Kassian

Ennis Gaustad Pominville

Foligno McCormick Kaleta

Regehr Myers,

Weber Ehrhoff,

McNabb and Gragnani/Sekera

We'll stand a fighting chance maybe.

If you need to bring in rookies to take of business than this team has serious problems. Make the players on the roster right now take care of their own business.

If you need to bring in rookies to take of business than this team has serious problems. Make the players on the roster right now take care of their own business.

That's what I meant by the first line in my post... those people who say "they need to call up Kassian/Foligno/Mcnabb/Tropp/whoever else for the bruins game" are out of their mind. But I'm saying down the road when they're actually ready for the NHL (assuming they pan out as projected), that will be a much scarier team than these guys we have playing right now.

The reason all teams in the league have a "heavy" is so when someone is inclined to destroy one of your key players with an illegal hit, they know there will be a response. Even though it doesn't always work (especially when guys like Peters were on the team), it's still a deterent of sorts. When you don't respond, it only encourages more dirty play by the opposition. The bottom line for teams such as Boston is, if you can put one of the oppositions key players out of action, the penalty may be worth the price, especially if the other team isn't inclined to respond in kind. It's hockey, not badminton.

Kaleta should have run Lucic. The penalty may have been worth the price down the road. If Lucic does it again, run him again. It's "an eye for an eye" and let the referees figure it out. BTW, the gutless refs should have tossed Lucic after his gutless hit. That can be a deterent as well.

Also, to the poster police in this thread, perhaps everyone on the board should get your permission before posting anything. You must be "the Man."

The current cast of players do not have the DNA to be a tough team...with a few exceptions. Take 5'6" Nathan Gerbe's attitude and put into the bigger guys and you might have something. Some players need to remember what they really are or aren't. Gaustad seems to have forgotten that he's not a scoring forward and needs to play with the grit and intensity that first got him onto the roster...plus he needs to lift some weights and build some strength. Myers played with a little nasty attitude against Philly in the 1st round and needs to find that again if he expects to ever be considered in the same sentence as somebody like Pronger. Kaleta does his job most every night and I have no issues with where his head is at. IMHO, McCormick does his job most every night...but can't do all the heavy lifting by himself. On the other hand, guys like Sekera, Grags, Leopold, Ehrhoff, Pominpuff and the rest of the forwards can only act like they're tough because that is not what they really are...which is a bunch of timid fluffs who would prefer to avoid contact and risk getting their faces dirty. Any toughness from this current roster is going to be short-lived until the volatility of this latest situation fades.

One fan says the Sabres are "gutless cowards" and then everyone else decides to follow that sentiment. Considering who was on the ice with Lucic when he hit Miller, I can't expect more from them. They did what they could. Besides, a whole bunch of Bruins got in there in a hurry to surround Lucic. Kaleta later on laid a nicee clean hit on Chara, of course none of the "embarrassed Sabres fans" give 2 hoots because their too busy crying about how if they were on the ice they would have pummeled Lucic. No, you would have hurt yourself. You want Van or Poms out for a month with a busted Jaw? No thanks. The thing that is embarrassing, pathetic and cowardly is the way a lot of you fans talk about your team. At the first sign of trouble, you bail.

The team just won 4 games, they have one poor game and you're ready to sell your mini pack? Why even bother being a fan.

The Sabres show some class by not running Thomas, or cheap shotting a Bruin player as "collateral damage" and all you "loyal" fans are so quick to label your team as a bunch of gutless coward pansies??? REALLY?

Grow up. It's easy to do what Lucic did. It's easy to play dirty. It's easy to drill someone from behind and act tough. Would it be nice to see a fair fight? Sure. But who knows if that opportunity presented itself. There's always next game.

You say they did what they could? :clapping:

One fan says the Sabres are "gutless cowards" and then everyone else decides to follow that sentiment. Considering who was on the ice with Lucic when he hit Miller, I can't expect more from them. They did what they could. Besides, a whole bunch of Bruins got in there in a hurry to surround Lucic. Kaleta later on laid a nicee clean hit on Chara, of course none of the "embarrassed Sabres fans" give 2 hoots because their too busy crying about how if they were on the ice they would have pummeled Lucic. No, you would have hurt yourself. You want Van or Poms out for a month with a busted Jaw? No thanks. The thing that is embarrassing, pathetic and cowardly is the way a lot of you fans talk about your team. At the first sign of trouble, you bail.

The team just won 4 games, they have one poor game and you're ready to sell your mini pack? Why even bother being a fan.

The Sabres show some class by not running Thomas, or cheap shotting a Bruin player as "collateral damage" and all you "loyal" fans are so quick to label your team as a bunch of gutless coward pansies??? REALLY?

Grow up. It's easy to do what Lucic did. It's easy to play dirty. It's easy to drill someone from behind and act tough. Would it be nice to see a fair fight? Sure. But who knows if that opportunity presented itself. There's always next game.

theres always next game? 41 years without a cup but hey theres always next game. bite me. this team is pussies and i would rather have vanek with a jacked jaw than know that the entire NHL now knows it can run over any sabre and no one will do sh!t. Your pathetic because you think we fans should follow our team blindly. This isn't jumping off the bandwagon you ###### bag, its calling a bunch of pussies a bunch of pussies. It isn't easy to do what Lucic did... because Lucic won a stanely cup. You just failed congrats.

I am embarrassed too, because you are a fellow sabres fan. :angry:

theres always next game? 41 years without a cup but hey theres always next game. bite me. this team is pussies and i would rather have vanek with a jacked jaw than know that the entire NHL now knows it can run over any sabre and no one will do sh!t. Your pathetic because you think we fans should follow our team blindly. This isn't jumping off the bandwagon you ###### bag, its calling a bunch of pussies a bunch of pussies. It isn't easy to do what Lucic did... because Lucic won a stanely cup. You just failed congrats.

What kind of a fan calls their team a bunch of pussies just because they didn't cheap shot an opposing player to retaliate?

give me a break. our team is a laughingstock. they are a bunch of pussies and they have been for a very long time. i think darcy checks for a ###### before he signs anyone.

thank you for demonstrating my point. I'm embarrassed to know that some of my fellow Sabres fans have your attitude. It's very disturbing.

I wonder, if you got a chance to meet a Sabre player...if you would have the "guts" to tell them such a thing? For some reason, I doubt it. But it's fun to sit there and talk isn't it?

What kind of a fan calls their team a bunch of pussies just because they didn't cheap shot an opposing player to retaliate?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NO SERIOUSLY ARE YOU ######NG KIDDING ME? Miller gets cheap shotted in the head and you think it is acceptable that no one on this team did anything? LACK OF CHARACTER. Fans should be able to judge a team and no fan should follow a team blindly. You are way out of line here and have no clue what this can and is doing not only within that locker room but around the league. Character wins cups not the kind of hippie love you are spouting. And the type of fan who calls them pussies is the type of fan who calls it like he sees it. They didn't try to do anything. I didn't say cheap shot you did. Dont put word in my mouth just because your an idiot.

its disturbing that any real sabres fan would defend whatever the f^^K that game was our team played last night.

The team played poorly. Sure. Is there any valid reason to speak evil about the players? No. I wonder what would happen if you had a rough day at work and some of your "friends" were talking trash about you behind your back and you overheard it.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NO SERIOUSLY ARE YOU ######NG KIDDING ME? Miller gets cheap shotted in the head and you think it is acceptable that no one on this team did anything? LACK OF CHARACTER. Fans should be able to judge a team and no fan should follow a team blindly. You are way out of line here and have no clue what this can and is doing not only within that locker room but around the league. Character wins cups not the kind of hippie love you are spouting. And the type of fan who calls them pussies is the type of fan who calls it like he sees it. They didn't try to do anything. I didn't say cheap shot you did. Dont put word in my mouth just because your an idiot.

Did you watch the game or are you just repeating what you've heard/read instead of thinking for yourself. Vanek and Sekera both got in there and pushed Lucic around a bit. THEY DID WHAT THEY COULD AT THE TIME. At least that's how I saw it. Lucic was then quickly surrounded by Bruin players. I also find it rather interesting that no one bothers to mention the great hit Kaleta put on Chara.

The type of fan who calls players pussies is a foolish man.

Hippie love? No way. How about not being pathetic backbiters toward a team you supposedly follow.

The team played poorly. Sure. Is there any valid reason to speak evil about the players? No. I wonder what would happen if you had a rough day at work and some of your "friends" were talking trash about you behind your back and you overheard it.

I am not friends with any of the sabres. I am a FAN. Ergo this team played like a bunch of scared little girls and if they can't call eachother out on it I will. People talk like about others at work all the time but they are coworkers... it would be more like if a random customer started talking crap about me at work... I would respond a hell of lot better than whatever the sabres did last night. There is a valid reason to speak very bad about at least 50% of this team because they are not playing good/tough hockey.

Archived