Weave

Steve Downie at Pat Kaleta  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Win, lose, draw

• Kaleta win
    • Downie win
    • Draw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-a3AaUVTec

Downie challenges Kaleta. Kaleta gets a bunch of rather ineffective shots in early. Lots of back of the head and helmet shots with little effect. Downie comes on late and gets a couple shots in before getting Kaleta off balance and down.

My take is Kaleta win but really, I could be convinced of a draw too as nothing of substance connected for either side. And the takedown could put it in Downie's favor for some folks.

Discuss.

I'll ammend this thread to add the Malone-Regehr match when a youtube vid for it comes available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-a3AaUVTec

Downie challenges Kaleta. Kaleta gets a bunch of rather ineffective shots in early. Lots of back of the head and helmet shots with little effect. Downie comes on late and gets a couple shots in before getting Kaleta off balance and down.

My take is Kaleta win but really, I could be convinced of a draw too as nothing of substance connected for either side. And the takedown could put it in Downie's favor for some folks.

Discuss.

I'll ammend this thread to add the Malone-Regehr match when a youtube vid for it comes available.

I'd call it a draw. Kaleta wasn't going to stand toe to toe with Downie for long. Patty got his shots in and got down.

Which was probably smart.

Did anyone else notice Downie motioning for Kaleta to take off his visor as he was skating to the penalty box? I don't know if Downie gave Kaleta the chance or not (the camera arrived late), but if Kaleta is going to involve himself in more fights he needs to shed the visor.

When Steve Downie has moral high ground over you something is very wrong.

Did anyone else notice Downie motioning for Kaleta to take off his visor as he was skating to the penalty box? I don't know if Downie gave Kaleta the chance or not (the camera arrived late), but if Kaleta is going to involve himself in more fights he needs to shed the visor.

When Steve Downie has moral high ground over you something is very wrong.

If Kaleta had been the instigator of that fight - I might agree that he should take off his helmet before the scrap begins. But when Downie jumps on the ice and skates right to Kaleta and challenges him to a fight? Sorry - it's just whining.

What about the Regehr "fight?"

you mean the one where regehr and malone squared off and circled each other for about 5 seconds before attacking and immediately falling to the ice? does that even qualify as a fight? i don't remember a single punch being thrown by either of them.

you mean the one where regehr and malone squared off and circled each other for about 5 seconds before attacking and immediately falling to the ice? does that even qualify as a fight? i don't remember a single punch being thrown by either of them.

They were given roughing penalties, not fighting majors, so no. They should have been penalized for delay of game and diving.

Isn't it automatically a fighting major if you drop the gloves? Or just automatically at least a minor?

That was always my understanding, but then again it was also always my understanding that if a player was hooked from behind while on a breakaway and after making a move on the goalie that left him sprawled on the ice, and that hook prevented him from getting a shot off into the upper 7/8 of the net that was wide open, that said infraction resulted in the award of a penalty shot.

How many times did they mention that there was a brand new ref in the game last night? They didn't need to - it showed. I thought it was a very poorly called game. There were several horrible offsides calls missed as well.

Archived