Craig Rivet: Elmira Jackals

dEnnis the Menace

Well, I live 10 minutes away from the arena and go to every game I can. Anything even a little positive for the Jackals is something to get excited about. Nice, cheap, hockey fun with friends and the family.

You guys had my boy Bear Trapp for a while. What a beauty he was haha and now you have Favot and another RIT guy I think. Much love for Elmira. Except for the Soaring Eagles. I hate those guys :P

You guys had my boy Bear Trapp for a while. What a beauty he was haha and now you have Favot and another RIT guy I think. Much love for Elmira. Except for the Soaring Eagles. I hate those guys :P

Hey now - those soaring eagles, past, present and coaching staff, are good friends and some alumni coach my kids. Cheap beer in the booster club, too. Make the road trip down sometime and I'll buy you a $2.00 can of molson at the intermission.

I'll also introduce you to the kid in the wig who runs around the arena with the flag after they score goals!

Hey now - those soaring eagles, past, present and coaching staff, are good friends and some alumni coach my kids. Cheap beer in the booster club, too. Make the road trip down sometime and I'll buy you a $2.00 can of molson at the intermission.

I'll also introduce you to the kid in the wig who runs around the arena with the flag after they score goals!

Last time I was down at the thunder tits was for a the dIII women's semi's a few years ago. The lighting is atrocious. I don't even know how the players can see the puck amidst the shadows.

That said, RIT and Elmira have the well known DIII rivalry on the men's side going way back. If I'm ever down in the area I'll be sure to drop you a line before hand.

Last time I was down at the thunder tits was for a the dIII women's semi's a few years ago. The lighting is atrocious. I don't even know how the players can see the puck amidst the shadows.

That said, RIT and Elmira have the well known DIII rivalry on the men's side going way back. If I'm ever down in the area I'll be sure to drop you a line before hand.

Yes, the lighting is absolutely horrendous. It's much better at ice level, though. And it is fantastic ice - Really hard and fast!

It's a great rivalry with RIT. I have been a season ticket holder and booster club member for years - I enjoy EC hockey more than the Shackles.

This reminds me of when the Richmond Renegades (formerly of ECHL fame) signed an aged Rod Langway around the 3/4 mark of the season. The Gades were partially owned by Craig Laughlin and I think he "called in a favor". Well, the favor worked - the team went on to win the City's only hockey championship in about 30 or so years of having a team.

Langway was "forced" to wear a helmet and it looked awfully funny. I wouldn't say he was "dominant", but as a poster mentioned, he was so calm and cool with the puck, he rarely made a mistake.

• 4 weeks later...

Rivet got into a scrap last night. Looks like he may have gotten handled pretty well.

Puck Daddy Linker

HAHA I was there...it did look like he was being handled.

on another note, when he's on the ice, he looks like he's just kind of gliding, and always a step behind the rest of the team.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived