OT - Username Inspirations

LastPommerFan

My given middle name

And you would have just gone with your first name, but it wasn't appropriate for the internet.

Your name makes me think of bowel movements.

I'm sorry. :bag:

Me too. It's like that old "does a bear poo in the woods" line, except it's a wolf.

Nothing overly inspiring or interesting about mine....I've been using Bmwolf21 or some variant since my first internet account on CompuServe. I had to make up a username on the spot as I opened the account in Circuit City. BM are my initials, the wolf is from my interest in the animal (and was also the name of the roller/floor hockey teams I played on when I still lived in WNY) and 21 has been my jersey number throughout high school and college in baseball, HS football, roller hockey, etc. (at least whenever possible).

See, I always figured you owned a BMW and were named Olf.

My original screen name (that I had for years) was Moongate. It refers to a stone wall outside my parents' hometown in PA that has a perfectly round opening in it and has the name "Moongate" painted at the top. ( I came to find out later that a moongate is a feature found in formal Chinese gardens.) I use the name for emails, etc. as it is somewhat unique. After TPegs bought the Sabres, with my enthusiasm bolstered, I decided I needed a team-related screen name so I changed it to "Sabre Dance" since I think this year the Sabres are going to win a lot which will make me want to dance. Or something like that..

Your name makes me think of bowel movements.

I'm sorry. :bag:

Ouch. I may have to rethink my username.

See, I always figured you owned a BMW and were named Olf.

:lol:

Def not on my non-profit salary.

Matt Barnaby is my all time favorite player. When he played for the Penguins, they signed Ivan Hlinka to coach (supposedly to appease Jagr & the other Euros on the team at the time). Upon hearing the news Barnaby quipped that he might have to change his name to Barnabov to get any playing time. Still makes me laugh and despite his recent personal problems, he's still my favorite.

My original screen name (that I had for years) was Moongate. It refers to a stone wall outside my parents' hometown in PA that has a perfectly round opening in it and has the name "Moongate" painted at the top. ( I came to find out later that a moongate is a feature found in formal Chinese gardens.) I use the name for emails, etc. as it is somewhat unique. After TPegs bought the Sabres, with my enthusiasm bolstered, I decided I needed a team-related screen name so I changed it to "Sabre Dance" since I think this year the Sabres are going to win a lot which will make me want to dance. Or something like that..

I didn't even realize it was you. I always liked the moongate name.

Painfully simple.

Used to have avatar quote as: "Taro Sez: ..."

Some other poster changed his screen name to Taro Tsujimoto. Rather than be 'quoting' another poster, changed my screen name to the current one and changed avatar quote to the current as well. (It'd be even more pretentious than my normal fare to be 'quoting' myself on a regular basis.)

Like I said, painfully simple.

Wasn't sure if I should go w/ that story or just use a song quote from the Vapors: "I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so." ;)

Wasn't sure if I should go w/ that story or just use a song quote from the Vapors: "I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so." ;)

Have a bunch of friends that work for Yamaha and of course, that's their assigned ringtone. :thumbsup:

Archived