Wade Redden...can you blame him?

LabattBlue

Poor bugger. Rangers are playing a nasty game at the moment. How come they are so near the cap? or are they not and their just broke?

They are so close to the cap because they believe that by overpaying for guys like Redden, or throwing out huge sums of money on the best FA's available every year that they will be SC contenders, while in reality, they overpay for a name (Redden, Drury, etc.) and struggle to make the playoffs every year

Poor bugger. Rangers are playing a nasty game at the moment. How come they are so near the cap? or are they not and their just broke?

what was that guy's name from texas that everyone was pining for? ######, rickies ... gah. it's RIGHT on the tip of my tongue!

i'm telling you ... the rangers are the team that ends careers. look at their list of acuqisitions over the last 4-5 years. and ... WHERE have they gone? pretty much nowhere. closest they came was game 5 2007 ... and that was pre-gomez/drury/dubinsky signings. look at redden's ottawa numbers. 38 points before trading to NYR. his first season with the rangers? 26 points in 81 games. the next season, he had 14 in 75 games. age? I guess, but at 32, he's not exactly over the hill.

manhattan is an NHL career killer.

what was that guy's name from texas that everyone was pining for? ######, rickies ... gah. it's RIGHT on the tip of my tongue!

i'm telling you ... the rangers are the team that ends careers. look at their list of acuqisitions over the last 4-5 years. and ... WHERE have they gone? pretty much nowhere. closest they came was game 5 2007 ... and that was pre-gomez/drury/dubinsky signings. look at redden's ottawa numbers. 38 points before trading to NYR. his first season with the rangers? 26 points in 81 games. the next season, he had 14 in 75 games. age? I guess, but at 32, he's not exactly over the hill.

LOL

Brad. Richards.

I'd collect the money and play at a lower level. Pride is one thing. Supporting your family is another. And, if I'm getting paid $17.5 million over the next 3 years, I'm more than happy to swallow my pride and play hockey at a lower level league.

He does not deserve to be there, but it's not his fault the Rangers signed him to a ridiculous contract and no one is willing to trade for that salary. The nice thing for the Rangers to do would be to waive him and put him on re-entry so that someone will pick him up for half his salary. But, it's not his fault.

There's also a transfer option to a European League if I am not mistaken where he can be loaned out, but I don't know the salary details associated with that and if he still gets paid his full NHL salary. Some of the CBA experts might want to chime in on that.

Wow, I am pretty sure nobody really saw this type of thing coming when they both agreed to the CBA...very good players who have fallen off due to age being sent to the minors to free up salaries even though he likely still is better than a lot of other defensemen in the NHL and is only there because of his salary cap hit...

If I was the NHLPA I would be sure to get a fix for this type of situation in the next CBA...there has gotta be something that both sides could work out...its not good for the players, not good for the team and not good for the NHL in general to have players that should be playing sitting out because of their gargantuan contracts...

Wow, I am pretty sure nobody really saw this type of thing coming when they both agreed to the CBA...very good players who have fallen off due to age being sent to the minors to free up salaries even though he likely still is better than a lot of other defensemen in the NHL and is only there because of his salary cap hit...

If I was the NHLPA I would be sure to get a fix for this type of situation in the next CBA...there has gotta be something that both sides could work out...its not good for the players, not good for the team and not good for the NHL in general to have players that should be playing sitting out because of their gargantuan contracts...

It's not really a big number of players though. No matter what system you come up with, there are always going to be those crazy scenarios where something doesn't work out as planned. I'm not so sure this is really that big of a problem.

It's not really a big number of players though. No matter what system you come up with, there are always going to be those crazy scenarios where something doesn't work out as planned. I'm not so sure this is really that big of a problem.

It isnt a big number of players, but fans who pay good money to go to NHL games deserve to see the best players available on the ice.

Players like Redden, Mmorrisssonn, and Souray are probably better than some current NHL defensemen.

The salary Redden makes keeps him off the Rangers, and Moorrrisson cant make the Sabres because we have other Dmen that are better.

LMAO fair play, I'd already forgotten about him. I just thought they'd started to rebuild. But they ruined Drury now Redden. Hey at least with our rising reputation we can point and laugh at them.

Archived