Dionne to Buff?

darksabre

With all this talk of Chris Drury coming back, I wonder if Marcel would also be an option. He's played for the alumni team twice and lives in Buffalo as well. I mean I know he has been retired for two decades but I think he'd be a great fit! Come on guys!

With all this talk of Chris Drury coming back, I wonder if Marcel would also be an option. He's played for the alumni team twice and lives in Buffalo as well. I mean I know he has been retired for two decades but I think he'd be a great fit! Come on guys!

Marcel Dionne was a great, great player. I have some DVDs from a few of the different Canada Cup series and Perreault played on a line with Dionne and Gretzky at one point and it was just phenomenal.

Now, would I bring him in for a look as the #3 center? Could be. He's only about 60 or so. I bet he can still bring it. The question really is who should his linemates be. I'm thinking Stafford and Leino.

Of course, Roy and Pommer might get insulted at Dionne being brought in and not invite him to play Ultimate with them this weekend.

Dionne would be a tremendous addition to this team in 1981. Fantastic goal scorer. This team could use someone who knows how to put the puck in the net, and Dionne was the expert at that. He turns 60 on August 3rd. I think he could make a good comeback after 23 years in retirement. Fantastic player.

Dionne was fantastic. However you get a lot more grit with Stosh Mikita. Plus at age 71 you can front load him so that when he hits age 76, he only counts 300 dollars against the cap.

Good point. I'm thinking the Dionne trade would be great if they threw in Dave Taylor and we throw in a 5th round pick. Mikita is nothing without Hull....WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!

We could use a center for a Gerbe-Ennis smurf line. Maybe they could reanimate Howie Morenz. Have we had any updates recently on the status of Pegula's Delorean? Silver and Red, where are you when we need you, Mandy Moore convention or something?

We could use a center for a Gerbe-Ennis smurf line. Maybe they could reanimate Howie Morenz. Have we had any updates recently on the status of Pegula's Delorean? Silver and Red, where are you when we need you, Mandy Moore convention or something?

The Silver Streak? Nice. We'll need Eddie Shore on the back end to cover for him though.

Good point. I'm thinking the Dionne trade would be great if they threw in Dave Taylor and we throw in a 5th round pick. Mikita is nothing without Hull....WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!

The Silver Streak? Nice. We'll need Eddie Shore on the back end to cover for him though.

I think I'd prefer Keith Magnuson to Eddie Shore, given age and all. Plus - Magnuson is used to playing with Mikita!

Archived