ice girls

streetcarp77

i'll say it: i don't think we have the homegrown "talent" to field a troupe that would be comparable to those found in (1) major markets and/or (2) the south/southwest/west.

Who knew That Aud Smell was Willis McGahee? :lol:

You're probably right though.

I think that the program hander outers at the game should be "ice girls" because that would make me feel... welcomed to the arena, and then thats about it. I don't want Vanek thinking of boobs while he goes in for a shootout attempt, i feel like it wouldn't end well.

I kind of liked Ted Black handing out programs. (but I was in the wrong line).

So you've never been to a Sabres game then?

Good call.

Do you prefer the group of 14 year olds screaming for Pominville's hair? Or the 25 year old who plays catcher in the Lockport women's softball league? Or the East Amherst soccer mom with the surgical face that makes Rocky Dennis look natural? Or when you DO get lucky, it's usually a girl from South Cheektowaga with an eating disorder and a colony of herpetic parasites holding residence in her netheregion.

I think that the program hander outers at the game should be "ice girls" because that would make me feel... welcomed to the arena, and then thats about it. I don't want Vanek Kotalik thinking of boobs while he goes in for a shootout attempt, i feel like it wouldn't end well.

Fixed

i can live without this particular "feature."

moreover, wouldn't this sort of thing be doing to a disservice to the legacy of larry quinn, who, as we all know, invented the idea of shoveling away the snow during commercial time-outs, not as a crass opportunity to present the mouth-breathers with some eye candy, but in order to improve the speed and flow of the game?

wait ... :blink:

ahh, funk it:

post-760-065986900 1310133649_thumb.jpg

I have to give the photographer credit. Timing is everything.

Who knew That Aud Smell was Willis McGahee? :lol:

You're probably right though.

mind you, i'm no SDS myself (ha! see what i did there?) -- but, well -- see GDD's post quoted below.

I kind of liked Ted Black handing out programs. (but I was in the wrong line).

at the (sens?) game the day after rico died? you and i probably crossed paths, literally.

Do you prefer the group of 14 year olds screaming for Pominville's hair? Or the 25 year old who plays catcher in the Lockport women's softball league? Or the East Amherst soccer mom with the surgical face that makes Rocky Dennis look natural? Or when you DO get lucky, it's usually a girl from South Cheektowaga with an eating disorder and a colony of herpetic parasites holding residence in her netheregion.

strange - i've never seen you at my family's thanksgiving gathering.

Good call.

Theres a lot of good looking 21+ year olds at Sabres games. Anyone who doubts that just doesn't know how to look around during stoppage. Ive actually made several friends and then gone out to the bars afterwords with some of them. I got a few better stories but i think i'll leave that be. haha Point is, i agree with Bufsportsfan.

Theres a lot of good looking 21+ year olds at Sabres games. Anyone who doubts that just doesn't know how to look around during stoppage. Ive actually made several friends and then gone out to the bars afterwords with some of them. I got a few better stories but i think i'll leave that be. haha Point is, i agree with Bufsportsfan.

The only jackpot I've seen ended up being wives/girlfriends of the players. Good for you if you have found the pot of gold.

at the (sens?) game the day after rico died? you and i probably crossed paths, literally.

I'm not sure. I just remember everyone looking back and saying, isn't that Ted Black?

For the most part, my entering and leaving routines are pretty consistent.

Good call.

DD... sadly accurate.

Good call.

Reminds me of the joke you posted on the thread with that video "Buffalo. For Real."

So you've never been to a Sabres game then?

huh?

Good call.

they may seem like 14 year olds to some of you old timers, but I'm only 21, so anyone 18+ is fair game. Plus it's easy to tell which ones are of age based on whether or not they're boozing. i don't really know what point you're trying to prove... you're saying only ugly girls live in Buffalo, right? lol possibly one of the top 10 dumbest posts i've read on this site.

i've met a lot of cool people and ran into some pretty sexy women there. i usually don't go to games to pick up chicks, but some of them are worth a second or third look! :thumbsup:

Sundae Bafo switched teams!!?!?!!! I can't believe it! I was really hoping that they would invite her at the Sabres Alumni reunion at the last game. It would be good to see her skating around again in that mini skirt.

i've met a lot of cool people and ran into some pretty sexy women there. i usually don't go to games to pick up chicks, but some of them are worth a second or third look! :thumbsup:

Make sure you take some gold with you. You never know if they're coming to the game to dig some.

I live in Raleigh and see all the Hurricanes/ Sabres games here in the RBC Center. The 'Canes have these ladies called the Hurricane girls and all they do is clap and smile during timeouts on the big screen. Occasionally they help out with games and promotions.

I really think its pretty dumb and classless.

Don't get me wrong, I love bimbos as much as the next guy.

But Pegulaville's Hockey Heaven should be classy and respected way before it grasps at straws for more "entertainment" value.

No Ice Girls!

After Sundae's betrayal, I agree. It reminds me too much of the bimbos that jump up and down at football games. That's OK for high school, but we're a bit beyond that now. Actually it demeans the professional football teams too.

After Sundae's betrayal, I agree. It reminds me too much of the bimbos that jump up and down at football games. That's OK for high school, but we're a bit beyond that now. Actually it demeans the professional football teams too.

Some of them would agree with you. IIRC, Green Bay doesn't have a cheerleading squad. Then again, given that it gets colder than a restaurant-grade freezer up there, why would any woman in their right mind want to suit up at Lambeau Field?

Yeah....that tends to happen in a pool of 19,000 people.

At any given game you can also usually find:

A blind person

A concentration camp survivor

A current/past member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

A blind person

Less Likely now that Koharski retired.

A blind person

I still don't get what you're trying to prove. You think Buffalo women are ugly. OK! Great news. Thanks for your opinion lol.

I don't even live IN Buffalo, so I'll just excuse myself from this conversation.

AS for OP: NO to ice girls...

I still don't get what you're trying to prove. You think Buffalo women are ugly. OK! Great news. Thanks for your opinion lol.

I don't even live IN Buffalo, so I'll just excuse myself from this conversation.

AS for OP: NO to ice girls...

Nowhere did I say Buffalo women were ugly, and nowhere did I make a big deal about it. If the selection of women at the arena turn you on...well then...God Bless You.

Archived