ice girls

streetcarp77

now that we're running with the big clubs and tossing around cash,

can we get some ice girls too?

Is that girls made of ice, girls who deliver ice or girls who skate on the ice? (I can't help it - honestly, it's like a disease...)

i can live without this particular "feature."

moreover, wouldn't this sort of thing be doing to a disservice to the legacy of larry quinn, who, as we all know, invented the idea of shoveling away the snow during commercial time-outs, not as a crass opportunity to present the mouth-breathers with some eye candy, but in order to improve the speed and flow of the game?

wait ... :blink:

ahh, funk it:

post-760-065986900 1310133649_thumb.jpg

As someone who goes to a majority of games in non-traditional hockey markets, I dislike the idea of Ice Girls. Going to a game should be about the game. Ice Girls just comes off as a cheap move that teams do to try to get attention.. "I know the product on the ice isn't all that great and the atmosphere of the arena sucks.. but look! GIRLS!" The biggest example of this is at the Bank Atlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida. Their in arena experience is absolutely terrible, promotions between all stoppages in play, constant talking on the Public Address Speakers, Stupid Videos being played on the score board, and the dumb Ice Dancers that they throw out there between periods to do things like figure skating or a dance routine. In Tampa the ice girls are a bit more tolerable but they still get in the way. During play they stand in the stairways between sections and dance.. If you're sitting behind him, yes you have a nice view, but they block the view of the ice. I go to a hockey game to watch the game, The Ice Girls are just a distraction, I'd rather look or talk to girls who are actually into hockey in the crowd. If I want to see dancing skanks, I'll go to the club.

I used to be kind of opposed to this ... but I must say they certainly do not take away from the experience here in Nashville. I agree it should be "about the game," but that ship sailed years ago ... the music choices and ridiculous goal announcements and the like are far more "distracting." The ice girls are only out there during TV timeouts ... what exactly are they distracting you from? I agree I wouldn't like the cheerleaders/dance crew in the stands, but having girls shovel up the ice shavings isn't a bad thing.

No ice girls please.... when I lived in Long Island, I used to catch the Sabres when they came to play the Islanders and they had these ice girls. My wife and I always used to think whats the point of having these ice girls....kind of silly. There's no need for cheerleaders in hockey....

imo there is always room for a little t & a

Who needs ice girls? Any woman in a Sabres jersey is attractive enough for me, and there's plenty of them in the stands to be scouted during stoppages :pirate:

TWEEEEEET!

Sportsbuff......2 minutes for cheezy comment. 2 Minutes for cheezy comment.

Pro Ice Girls - you're on the power-play.

Who needs ice girls? Any woman in a Sabres jersey is attractive enough for me, and there's plenty of them in the stands to be scouted during stoppages :pirate:

Quite a turn around from your formerly espoused opinion of the owner's daughter!

Hmmm ... could we just have them during the off season?

(Tame, but NSFW)

i've seen those pictures of the dallas ice girls on a boat.***

i'll say it: i don't think we have the homegrown "talent" to field a troupe that would be comparable to those found in (1) major markets and/or (2) the south/southwest/west.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

I live in Raleigh and see all the Hurricanes/ Sabres games here in the RBC Center. The 'Canes have these ladies called the Hurricane girls and all they do is clap and smile during timeouts on the big screen. Occasionally they help out with games and promotions.

I really think its pretty dumb and classless.

Don't get me wrong, I love bimbos as much as the next guy.

But Pegulaville's Hockey Heaven should be classy and respected way before it grasps at straws for more "entertainment" value.

No Ice Girls!

I think that the program hander outers at the game should be "ice girls" because that would make me feel... welcomed to the arena, and then thats about it. I don't want Vanek thinking of boobs while he goes in for a shootout attempt, i feel like it wouldn't end well.

Archived