Go back to last summer and fall

Rabbit151

What a difference a season makes. The negativity and Regier bashing was enormous!!

I must admit you will even find a few posts where I didn't have a positive outlook either.

I don't know how to do it, but it would be fun to take a few select topics and move them up to this area for some reading. Some of us will eat crow - actually, most of us will eat crow. We all better bow down to the Saskatchewan boy and say "Darcy knows best".

What a difference a season makes. The negativity and Regier bashing was enormous!!

I must admit you will even find a few posts where I didn't have a positive outlook either.

I don't know how to do it, but it would be fun to take a few select topics and move them up to this area for some reading. Some of us will eat crow - actually, most of us will eat crow. We all better bow down to the Saskatchewan boy and say "Darcy knows best".

That is very weird. I did that very thing this morning. It really is entertaining, especially some of the bench Drury posts in November...

I think the most optimistic poster I saw was DrunkenSabre, who thought 5-6 slot...

Most of the negativity was justified. 3 straight years out of the playoffs. Roster moves that added Lydman & Teppo and subtracted Zhitnik and Satan. 3 headed goalie monster still unresolved. A mediocre start.

There just wasn't a lot of optimism to be found in August, September & October.

Hard to believe where they are today....GO SABRES!!!!!!

I don't know how to do it, but it would be fun to take a few select topics and move them up to this area for some reading. Some of us will eat crow - actually, most of us will eat crow.

Can't it be done simply by adding a new reply to the topic? I know I'll be eating some crow too.

Can't it be done simply by adding a new reply to the topic? I know I'll be eating some crow too.

They've been moved to the archive. You can read them, but not post in them. If you had a specific thread you wanted revived, I'm sure something could be done...

I've got to say, Tony Lydman has been awesome for the Sabres. He is a solid, solid player. I've been surprised by how many times I've seen him effectively take the body or calmly make the first pass out of the zone.

I really think he is the most underrated player on the team.

I agree DeLuca. I get a little upset at those who, with the benefit of perfect hindsight, want to "out" people who have criticized a team or a player. I lost a bit of respect for Daniel Briere when after the Leafs game he said Ryan's play would "shut a lot of people up." Well, not really. Not if Miller has a rough game tonight. One game doesn't wipe out a funk. Jim Lorentz also took a shot at people who had questioned Miller, pointing out recent comments and saying, "Give him a break!" That's not your job, Jim. Your job is to explain to us why he was in the funk, and either you have no clue why or you know why and can't or won't say. As DeLuca says, you have to call it like it is. Anything else makes you one of those "yay team, it's not whether you win or lose" people... and that's not what being a real fan is all about, IMHO.

I agree DeLuca. I get a little upset at those who, with the benefit of perfect hindsight, want to "out" people who have criticized a team or a player. I lost a bit of respect for Daniel Briere when after the Leafs game he said Ryan's play would "shut a lot of people up." Well, not really. Not if Miller has a rough game tonight. One game doesn't wipe out a funk. Jim Lorentz also took a shot at people who had questioned Miller, pointing out recent comments and saying, "Give him a break!" That's not your job, Jim. Your job is to explain to us why he was in the funk, and either you have no clue why or you know why and can't or won't say. As DeLuca says, you have to call it like it is. Anything else makes you one of those "yay team, it's not whether you win or lose" people... and that's not what being a real fan is all about, IMHO.

Thanks PA. The checks in the mail :)

It will be interesting to see, if this team bows out in the first round, how many posts there will be about not signing a big name at the deadline.

I was a critic of Regier because I thought the Sabres could be very good this season if they resigned Satan and Zhitnik. However, I would have never guessed they would be as good as they are.

I was looking at a team that could easily secure a 5th or 6th playoff spot. Never in my wildest dreams did I think a team that was gunning for 1st in the league.

I think it's safe to say Darcy and Lindy have already accepted our apologies with the support we're returned to the Sabres.

I think Jim Lorentz's position was a well justified. He also commented on Lindy Ruff's willingness to let Miller work his way out of it. How can you argue with his perspective that it is something that most NHL players go through and it doesn't mean that his skills are diminished. In other words he was only saying that it pays off to have a little patience, and to not get carried away. Made sense to me.

Archived