Rumor: Bogosian being shopped

HopefulFuture

http://twitter.com/#!/HockeyBreak/status/81400643289497600

These guys broke the UFA signings yesterday, they appear to be legit.

In any event, if Zach Bogosian can be had, even as an RFA (he has no contract as of yet).

We have the assets to go get him as an RFA, even if the price is a bit high, is he someone that would interest the Sabres?

Also, is he the type of D man Myers needs as a partner?

Would the cost be reasonable?

Can someone help me out here, I only know he was selected 3rd overall. His +/- is not good these past 2 seasons.

Anyone have any input on these questions along with some insight on him and a fit for the Sabres?

I was looking into this guy the other day, pretty ironic. I say yes, go get him as long as it's a reasonable price.

At the deadline there were a few rumors flying around that he'd be moved. I wouldn't be surprised if he were dealt. Honestly haven't seen the kid play enough to make a valid judgement. What's his strengths/weaknesses?

At the deadline there were a few rumors flying around that he'd be moved. I wouldn't be surprised if he were dealt. Honestly haven't seen the kid play enough to make a valid judgement. What's his strengths/weaknesses?

Haven't see much of him either. But I don't think its fair to judge him based on his +/- because he was on such a bad team. If he has the tools worth the third overall pick I'm sure Lindy an do something with him.

$1,034,249 or below: No compensation

$1,034,249 -- $1,567,043: Third-round pick

$1,567,043 -- $3,134,055: Second-round pick

$3,134,088 -- $4,701,131: First and third-round pick

$4,701,131 -- $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick

$6,268,175 -- $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third

$7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks

I don't think the compensation would be enough for them not to match an offer sheet without grossly overpaying.

he seems like a more developed Mcnabb so i think i would rather wait it out honestly. If Mcnabb or even weber for that matter develop along the path I think than no, its not worth being better next year when you can be just as good if not better in 2. Thats just my opinion and I understand a lot of ppl are sick of hearing it will be next year but in this case I think next year may offer us more for a lot less.

From HockeyBreak on Twitter:

Zach Bogosian is being actively shopped by the Winnipeg hockey team. Many teams are interested. about 10 hours ago via Twitter for Mac

Zach Bogosian will not be traded for a small package. Winnipeg is looking for a very good return. about 10 hours ago via Twitter for Mac

At the trade deadline this season, the Winnipeg team (at the time Atlanta Thrashers) turned down two first round picks from a playoff team about 9 hours ago via Twitter for Mac

http://twitter.com/HockeyBreak?max_id=81544188583354368&page=2&twttr=true

This article about this kid from Northeastern University on TSN:

Jame Oleksiak

Imagine Myers and this kid on the same Defense pairing. That would be Twin Towers. And, this kid is huge at 244 lbs in comparison to Myers. Sure, you'd have to wait about 5 years before he's NHL ready, but how awesome would that be, if he were actually good.

I read about this kid too. But the Sabres will be looking for a center, probably Schifele, Jenner, or McNeill.

I read about this kid too. But the Sabres will be looking for a center, probably Schifele, Jenner, or McNeill.

I think the Sabres will take the best player available. (for example if Brodin or Sven Bartschi, or Ryan Murphy just happen to fall to 16 they will take them.)

Or if one of the top 9 prospects is still available after 9...I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo moves up.

If they see equality in terms of talent they will go with a center (of course).

I'd still be surprised with Jenner at 16.

I would think Shifele, McNeil, Zack Phillips. or J.T. Miller first.

Jenner and Biggs are more of the guts and missing teeth type guys rather than playmakers.

Archived