Sabres 2011- 2012

LTIZEL

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see playing for the Sabres next year?

The Sabres should trade/buyout: Jason Pominville, Jochen Hecht, and Paul Gaustad

The Sabres should trade for: Joe Pavelski

The Sabres Should sign: Jussi Jokinen,and Chris Drury

The sabres would then look like:

Forwards:

Line 1: LW: Thomas Vanek C: Joe Pavelski RW: Drew Stafford

Line 2: LW: Jussi Jokinen C: Derek Roy RW: Brad Boyes

Line 3: LW: Tyler Ennis C: Chris Drury RW: Nathan Gerbe

Line 4: LW: Marcus Foligno C: Luke Adam RW: Zack Kassian

Defense:

Line 1: Steve Montador and Jordan Leopold

Line 2: Tyler Myers and Mike Weber

Line 3: Andrej Sekera and Brayden McNabb

*Jokinen because without Connoly the team is going to be missing speed, Jokinen gives us that.

*Drury because we are an extremely young team that could use his leadership.

*Joe Pavelski because we need a #1 center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW56LSffJtc

The Sabres should trade: Jason Pominville, Jochen Hecht, and Paul Gaustad

The Sabres should trade for: Stephen Weiss

The Sabres Should sign: Jussi Jokinen, Chris Drury, Patrick Eaves,and Scott Hannan

Forwards:

Line 1: LW: Thomas Vanek C: Stephen Weiss RW: Drew Stafford

Line 3: LW: Nathan Gerbe C: Chris Drury RW: Patrick Eaves

Line 4: LW: Tyler Ennis C: Luke Adam RW: Zack Kassian

Defense:

Line 1: Tyler Myers and Scott Hannan

Line 2: Steve Montador and Andrej Sekera

Line 3: Chris Butler and Joe Dipenta

So, you have Ennis on the fourth line which makes no sense. You have Montador who wont be resigned on the team but no Leopold. You have butler, Hannan, and some guy i have never heard of and had to look up making the team over weber and MAG. Your moves make this team worse not better. I am sorry but I give this team a c- and do not think this needs its own thread when the july 1 thread is dedicated to things like this. Substitute your defense with some other ppl and get rid of Jussi Jokinen and we will talk.

serious question: did u watch the 2nd half of last season?

The Sabres Should sign: Jussi Jokinen, Chris Drury, Patrick Eaves,and Scott Hannan

Forwards:

Defense:

hahaha lil ennis on the third line... yeah, okay hahaha.

Forwards:

Defense:

Chris Drury can operate the bench door and hand out towels for all I care but he ain't getting ice time over someone that has upside or is the future of this team.

Made some changes

Improvement yes, still I would rather have MAG or Butler or Ehrhoff over Hanna. Also Montador will not be on this team next year IMO. Sharp is much better than weiss and at least Ennis is not on the fourth line but still I think this team has some issues. Gogulla is no longer a sabre either.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/19438-july-1-now-we-can-discuss-it/page__st__640 follow link read page, it has 2 teams on it that are more aggressive and better than what you have here. Scott Hanna is not what Tyler Myers needs. Brayden Mcnabb in 2 years might be or Mike Weber now. (i loved that combo in the playoffs)

Welcome to the board (even though everyone hates your idea :) )

we dont hate it, but miller looked at that team in front of him and did 82 wtf? waves especially when he saw scott freaking hannan with Myers... he just went WTF!!!!!!! then he did what a real leader does and he called out darcy for being a horrendous GM.

we dont hate it, but miller looked at that team in front of him and did 82 wtf? waves especially when he saw scott freaking hannan with Myers... he just went WTF!!!!!!! then he did what a real leader does and he called out darcy for being a horrendous GM.

Then Darcy should TRADE MILLER, alone or in a package for the 1st overall pick or some other worthy component needed for a cup run with in 3 seasons!

That would make him a decent GM for starters.

i hate it.

But yes. welcome to the board.

My BIGGEST issue with the team you have listed is the defensive pairings. Our defense was young and inexperienced this year, and maintaining what we have is better than this IMO

second, your checking line is made entirely out of rookies. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

Third, i just think we can do MUCH better than those forward lines as well.

Obviously the ideal scenario would be to land Richards or trade for Malkin to get the # 1 guy slotted in the middle, but those are pretty unlikely. I wouldnt mind running the two top lines with centers that are about the same calibur (including Roy).

This is what i would Call my plan B team

Vanek Roy Pominville

Ennis Pavelski/Oshie/etc Stafford

Gerbe Laich Boyes

Kaleta Gaustad Kassian???

Myers Weber

Leopold Erhoff / Bieksa / Pitkanen

MAG Butler

Biega / Pysyk / Mcnabb on reserve

Then Darcy should TRADE MILLER, alone or in a package for the 1st overall pick or some other worthy component needed for a cup run with in 3 seasons!

That would make him a decent GM for starters.

The projected #1 overall pick.... Ryan Nugent-Hopkins can bench 150 lbs 6x. and is capable of doing 28 consecutive pushups.

There is more risk in a #1 pick than you might imagine.

We need centers badly so I voted for Richards, Laich, and Weiss. I would only take Drury back on a incentive laden deal for 3rd line and PK duties. I also voted for Sharp because the guy is damn good even though as a winger he's a way lower priority than center. I think he's played some center though and if DR/LR think he can be a full time center I'd take him over everyone else on the list including Richards.

Archived