What assistant coaches should go?

LabattBlue

20 members have voted

1. 1. Lindy is staying, which of his assistants should go?

• James Patrick
    • Brian McCutcheon
    • Jim Corsi
    • Kevyn Adams

This is a good question. Lindy is very loyal to his A's, but maybe he shouldn't be. I doubt Patrick, Corsi, and McCutcheon are the best available. And even if they are, I wouldn't mind seeing some new blood and new ideas in the coaching staff.

At the end of year PC, somebody asking a question to Lindy..."How do you keep your message from getting stale"? Maybe the answer to this questions is, his assistants should be changed.

What say you?

Who the assistant coaches are is irrelevant. It's like purchasing a failing restaurant and firing a sous chef and keeping the head chef. Sure, the carrots might be chopped a little differently but the overall menu and quality of the food remains the same.

Why should any go? The power play ranked in the top 10, the penalty kill unit, after adjusting for the loss of Tallinder and Lydman finished 13th and a team that everyone seems to agree needs a #1 center and a top defenseman has made the playoffs the last two years.

What excactly are we blaming on the staff?

Do I think they should add to the staff and front office? Absolutely!

Do I think the staff deserves to stay? Absolutely!

Who the assistant coaches are is irrelevant. It's like purchasing a failing restaurant and firing a sous chef and keeping the head chef. Sure, the carrots might be chopped a little differently but the overall menu and quality of the food remains the same.

But if you expand the head chef's budget to buy better product and better supplies, you'd be amazed what him/her and that sous chef can do.

Why should any go? The power play ranked in the top 10, the penalty kill unit, after adjusting for the loss of Tallinder and Lydman finished 13th and a team that everyone seems to agree needs a #1 center and a top defenseman has made the playoffs the last two years.

I'm in Tom's corner on this one.

But if you expand the head chef's budget to buy better product and better supplies, you'd be amazed what him/her and that sous chef can do.

You still have the same man buying the groceries. Despite the expanded budget, when push come to shove old habits will take over.

I'm hoping you are wrong, but admit to it being a definite possibility. Time will tell.

I need to be wrong or we are looking at 2-3 more wasted years. I hope that Terry Pegula is a man of his word and that the Stanley Cup is the only reason this franchise exists. If that is true than Regier has to be on the shortest leash possible.

You still have the same man buying the groceries. Despite the expanded budget, when push come to shove old habits will take over.

And on top of this I have lost all faith in Darcys ability to put the pieces together. Thought he should have been jettesoned after last years playoff debacle,more so after the off season and that desire to see him go continued to climb and peak as the year went on. Nothing he has done has changed my mind and I'm actually having a hard time envisioning him doing anything noteworthy to transform this team but like most fans I'll grin and bare it while he either gets it done or hangs himself with that short leash you've talked about. I'll give credit where credits due and admit I'm wrong but I'm not sold he has the cajones to succeed.

And on top of this I have lost all faith in Darcys ability to put the pieces together. Thought he should have been jettesoned after last years playoff debacle,more so after the off season and that desire to see him go continued to climb and peak as the year went on. Nothing he has done has changed my mind and I'm actually having a hard time envisioning him doing anything noteworthy to transform this team but like most fans I'll grin and bare it while he either gets it done or hangs himself with that short leash you've talked about. I'll give credit where credits due and admit I'm wrong but I'm not sold he has the cajones to succeed.

I give darcy july 1 if this roster is pretty much the same then Yup the guys a bum and needs to go. We need way to much to be waiting for the market to set himself as far as I am concerned this is darcys last chance, period.

2 years of missing the playoffs plus 2 years of 1st round exits should not equal status quo(adding Danny Gare to the scouting staff doesn't count).

I don't see how they could have been expected to do better with the roster they have been given.

When you have a top 5 goalie in the game and according to some a coach they wouldn't trade for anyone, making the playoffs when 50% of the teams get in, or getting out of the 1st round shouldn't be that hard.

PS This isn't the roster of the Oilers, Panthers or Islanders we are talking about.

Add coaches. interesting idea.

They've upped Kevin Adams' role. He had been working at some practices, according to WGR he was travelling w/ the team on road trips at the end of the year. Hamilton was talking (speculating) about the possibility of adding Grier to the coaching staff. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see 3 extra coaches at practices (whether full time or pt) and some extra support for Kevin Dineen as well.

They've upped Kevin Adams' role. He had been working at some practices, according to WGR he was travelling w/ the team on road trips at the end of the year. Hamilton was talking (speculating) about the possibility of adding Grier to the coaching staff. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see 3 extra coaches at practices (whether full time or pt) and some extra support for Kevin Dineen as well.

Gerbe credited that spin backhand shot to working with Adams.

I'm delighted by the idea that somewhere professionals are practicing a spin backhand shot with a coach with the hope of it hitting the back of the net. :lol:

Archived