GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

NHL officiating is so assbackwards it's not even funny. Richards concusses a player with a cheap shot from behind into the boards, which incurs a 2 minute minor penalty. Briere knocks a tooth out of a players head with another cheap shot into the boards from behind, which incurs a 2 minute minor penalty. Carsmello gets a 10 minute misconduct for being a douche with less than 10 mins left so his night is over....then he breaks his stick on the boards like a little b***h and gets a game misconduct when he's already out of the game. This league continues to amaze with it's stupidity and how it seems to get dumber game by game. Can't wait til next year.

This shows that the league is more concerned about its equipment (ie the boards he slammed his stick into) than its players? Yeh that does seem rather disturbing.

Lousy way to end a closely fought series. Guess I won't be heading to a game in D.C. for the 2nd round after all.

Aside from tonight there are a lot of positives to build on since New Years. Enjoyed all the comments, banter, etc. on this board.

Here's to a productive offseason and a better finish next season. :beer:

The only upside is not having to deal with a Caps series while living in SE VA. The bandwagon fans in these parts still think there's a halftime in hockey and that icing is something you do for a muscle strain.

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but did you notice how poor the PK was tonight without Pominville and Connolly? I know we all think they are overpaid and suck, etc. But, these guys were on the ice when the Sabres killed 9 out of 10 penalties in Game 2 and led the PK effort throughout the entire series until both got hurt. Tonight, the PK was 0 for 2 if I'm not mistaken. While I've never been a Connolly fan, but it looks like Pominville and Connolly aren't so bad after all and really important players in the defensive zone and on the PK. Just something I noticed. Disappointing that Mike Richards plays and gets a bunch of assists tonight while Tim Connolly does not. I'm still bitter.

I'm disappointed in reading how everyone is excited about how well this team played in the second half of the season. THEY HAD THE SERIES WON ON SUNDAY. Stay pissed, people. It makes me feel better. <_<

Glad it makes you feel better. You stay pissed, I'll concentrate on what this team is doing to improve for the future. Yes, they had it won. But they didn't and if you've been paying attention to the rest of the playoffs, teams blow leads. When you're down a bunch of forwards, when you're defense is as young as ours, it's bound to happen. Big picture.

The only upside is not having to deal with a Caps series while living in SE VA. The bandwagon fans in these parts still think there's a halftime in hockey and that icing is something you do for a muscle strain.

UGH! Cannot STAND Craps fans! VERY bandwagon. I moved down to MD several years ago and no one even knew the Craps existed.

Our loss in this series is a microcosm of a important negative this season, the inability to hold leads. Kudos to the organization and team for having truly exciting 2nd half and near playoff upset, but the the fact remains that we need players that can show up consistently and play 60 minutes. Looking forward to seeing more of Ennis and Gerbe next tear and less of Connelyy and Butler. We need to acquire a big time forward to team up with Vanek.

How about that snag by Enroth on the 2-on-1 ... I want to see Miller and Enroth split the season next year ... or at least 75%-25% or something. Can't wait til next year.

I've really enjoyed your posts. Noticed you just recently joined the board. Don't be afraid to check it out over the offseason.

their achilles heal has been holding on to a lead and I think that's why they lost. I thought that interview with Ruff during the game (I think it was 3-0) showed him resigned to losing and giving up, instead of being defiant. They shouldn't be interviewing coaches during games...but I just don't think Ruff thinks well on his feet. He was outcoached in this one.

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but did you notice how poor the PK was tonight without Pominville and Connolly? I know we all think they are overpaid and suck, etc. But, these guys were on the ice when the Sabres killed 9 out of 10 penalties in Game 2 and led the PK effort throughout the entire series until both got hurt. Tonight, the PK was 0 for 2 if I'm not mistaken. While I've never been a Connolly fan, but it looks like Pominville and Connolly aren't so bad after all and really important players in the defensive zone and on the PK. Just something I noticed. Disappointing that Mike Richards plays and gets a bunch of assists tonight while Tim Connolly does not. I'm still bitter.

I can't disagree with this statement, but we can find a couple of good penalty killers for a lot less than the combined 10 million those two made this year. I can't say I'm going to miss Connolly too much. Two assists and a -2 for the series.

The one stat that stuck out to me was Vanek's -7 despite his 5 goals. That doesn't say much for his 5 on 5 play.

Glad it makes you feel better. You stay pissed, I'll concentrate on what this team is doing to improve for the future. Yes, they had it won. But they didn't and if you've been paying attention to the rest of the playoffs, teams blow leads. When you're down a bunch of forwards, when you're defense is as young as ours, it's bound to happen. Big picture.

Carter and Pronger > Pominville and Connolly. And i'm not buying the "it's bound to happen" stuff. You don't blow a two goal lead at home with a chance to win the series. Twice. I'm not willing to just brush that aside as something that "happens." Sure we've got young players and yadda yadda, but we could have been watching them in DC later this week instead of talking about how great next year can be if they didn't give away the game on Sunday.

A strong finish, but I will not be one of the satisfied people who are "glad they at least made it to be playoffs." When, oh when, will Buffalo ever do something positively noteworthy? I am done being the city that has all of the negatively noteworthy things happen to the city and the fans. Moreover, when will the fans want MORE than 'just barely making the playoffs?'

I don't accept it either. We grant appreciation for mediocrity way too easily. The strong finish to the season was necessitated by a horrific start. And if you can't make it to the NHL playoffs, then as a team you really have issues.

The real value of all this is the ability for our new team leadership to evaluate our gaps and opportunities and address them. I don't see us just tinkering with the roster - it needs to be forceful and perhaps dramatic. Some of the usual regular season masters turned to ghosts again when it mattered in the playoffs.

From this day forward, we need to shed the former sacred cows and build a champion.

Gave it away in Game 6. One reaps what they sow.

A strong finish, but I will not be one of the satisfied people who are "glad they at least made it to be playoffs." When, oh when, will Buffalo ever do something positively noteworthy? I am done being the city that has all of the negatively noteworthy things happen to the city and the fans. Moreover, when will the fans want MORE than 'just barely making the playoffs?'

Poor Game 7 performance. Not surprised. Once again, Buffalo cannot win an "important game."

We did show signs of improvement, which should be noted. I hope we make some moves in the off-season. Good Jan-Apr, aside from playoffs. Proud of the end-of-season run, but more disappointed in the complete collapse in games 5,6, and no-show in game 7.

So are you done or not done?

Eff Briere....especially his punch to Miller's head after the first goal. I truly hope kharma catches up to him.

No eff the Sabres organization for not signing him to a long term contract. As far as I'm concerned Briere deservedly shoved it onto the Sabres face,

So are you done or not done?

It is not a matter of "done or not done." THIS IS MY TEAM. THEY forgot to finish. While I appreciate the effort to get there, they collapsed. And that was my point.

There is a lot of room for improvement and I hope we do so. Otherwise, it'll be the same old, same old.

Lots of action, but never a finish.

I've never been more proud of a Sabres team. To come back as hard as they did and to give us the joy they gave us after January 1st was truly enjoyable. I rate this as my 4th most enjoyable season ever. 1975. 1999. 2006. 2011. Sign Patrick Sharp or Brooks Leich, play more Gerbe and Ennis and bring up Luke Adam as #3/4 center. Gragnani full time next year. Talk to you folks around July 1st. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs. I know I will.

Eff Briere....especially his punch to Miller's head after the first goal. I truly hope kharma catches up to him.

Unfortunately Gerbe used his game misconduct on Carcillo and no one else had the balls to take a run at Richards or Briere. At least they got a couple of slashes in .

No eff the Sabres organization for not signing him to a long term contract. As far as I'm concerned Briere deservedly shoved it onto the Sabres face,

This series was the perfect epilogue to the Black Sunday saga. And hopefully the end of it so that we can move one with our lives.

We had to get burned by that awful day just one more time before we could have a truly fresh start with our new owner. Fine.

This series was the perfect epilogue to the Black Sunday saga. And hopefully the end of it so that we can move one with our lives.

We had to get burned that that awful day just one more time before we could have a truly fresh start with our new owner. Fine.

I HATE we are so willing to bow down. When we will EVER man up??

We had to get burned that that awful day just one more time before we could have a truly fresh start with our new owner. Fine.

It's a good point. I'm not sure I agree. But it is one to consider.

Archived