GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Is it me or did anyone else see that dreaded look of "why me?" in Miller's eyes after the first goal? I still am not sold on him. Yes, Darcy put a Defense corps out there that is half youth and half journeymen. Lindy not putting Koleta in the line up was a foolish decision. He had to know that Filthadelphia would go strong at his team after game 6. They pushed the Sabres all over the place in the first period. What stinks the most is I am going to win a small wager because I said Flyers would win 5 -2. Time to clean out the drift wood TP! This is your time to shine as an owner and bring hope for the fans.

Miller's not at fault for this game, by a long shot--- particularly the 1st goal. Kaleta had a broken hand. Try again.

As I said in the chat room, don't be pissed about tonight, be pissed about Game 6. That is the one they let slip away.

The funny thing is I wasn't really pissed at all about tonight, which is crazy because I'm usually pretty emotional when I'm watching games (just ask my coffee table). You could tell from the get-go we just didn't have it tonight. Oh well, I just think back to January when I said they were done and realize it was a pretty fun ride. Here's looking to a great offseason and better times next year.

Lousy way to end a closely fought series. Guess I won't be heading to a game in D.C. for the 2nd round after all.

Aside from tonight there are a lot of positives to build on since New Years. Enjoyed all the comments, banter, etc. on this board.

Here's to a productive offseason and a better finish next season. :beer:

Well, that sucked, but the chat room was fun. Looking forward to that next year, as I do to an improved team.

I'm gonna take a day or two off, and then (hopefully) be back over the weekend with the end-of-season player surveys.

Take solace, fellow Sabres fans; this team did a lot better than we thought it would in November or December. A lot better.

And see you all in a few days.

Well, that sucked, but the chat room was fun. Look forward to that next year, as I do to an improved team.

I'm gonna take a day or two off, and then (hopefully) be back over the weekend with the end-of-season player surveys.

Take solace, fellow Sabres fans; this team did a lot better than we thought it would in November or December. A lot better.

And see you all in a few days.

Nice season posting #11.......relax and talk to you soon. Stick taps.

Lousy way to end a closely fought series. Guess I won't be heading to a game in D.C. for the 2nd round after all.

Aside from tonight there are a lot of positives to build on since New Years. Enjoyed all the comments, banter, etc. on this board.

Here's to a productive offseason and a better finish next season. :beer:

Always enjoyed your posts. Visit this board during the summer. This is the most exciting offseason in Sabres history. Be a part of it.

As I said in the chat room, don't be pissed about tonight, be pissed about Game 6. That is the one they let slip away.

Thanks boys. Looking foward to the off-season shakeup. Still proud of this teams push into the playoffs.

Gave it away in Game 6. One reaps what they sow.

A strong finish, but I will not be one of the satisfied people who are "glad they at least made it to be playoffs." When, oh when, will Buffalo ever do something positively noteworthy? I am done being the city that has all of the negatively noteworthy things happen to the city and the fans. Moreover, when will the fans want MORE than 'just barely making the playoffs?'

Poor Game 7 performance. Not surprised. Once again, Buffalo cannot win an "important game."

We did show signs of improvement, which should be noted. I hope we make some moves in the off-season. Good Jan-Apr, aside from playoffs. Proud of the end-of-season run, but more disappointed in the complete collapse in games 5,6, and no-show in game 7.

Losing a series always sucks. The season ends badly for 29 teams every year. Our's ends today.

This was an interesting season.

Glad we got to see some of these kids get some playoff experience against some of the best players in the game.

so close to knocking them off.....so close.

Gave it away in Game 6. One reaps what they sow.

A strong finish, but I will not be one of the satisfied people who are "glad they at least made it to be playoffs." When, oh when, will Buffalo ever do something positively noteworthy? I am done being the city that has all of the negatively noteworthy things happen to the city and the fans. Moreover, when will the fans want MORE than 'just barely making the playoffs?'

Poor Game 7 performance. Not surprised. Once again, Buffalo cannot win an "important game."

We did show signs of improvement, which should be noted. I hope we make some moves in the off-season. Good Jan-Apr, aside from playoffs. Proud of the end-of-season run, but more disappointed in the complete collapse in games 5,6, and no-show in game 7.

didn't we win game 5 ?

Well, that's depressing. I did not expect the Sabres to win. Hell, I didn't even expect them to make the playoffs. But after Game 5, I really thought the Sabres could win the series and close this thing out. Then after the first period in Game 6, I thought they really were going to win the series. And, they just let it slip away.

Tonight, sadly, was not the team that made the playoffs. Tonight was a different team with a different cast of characters playing and yes, Roy and Hecht playing basically their first games in months was a telling sign. It's unfortunate because they were the best the Sabres had to offer tonight.

Also, this loss is not on Miller tonight. He kept them in the first period. The Flyers scored PP goals on a couple of weak calls that Miller had absolutely no chance on. The only goal that's on him was the Leino goal. He probably could have made the save on the Coburn goal, but the Grier deflection probably cut Miller's angle off and his whole game is about being positionally sound and one deflection throws it off. This loss was about the Sabres not showing up to play in the first period and the defense letting them down.

Overall, it was a fun ride and good season. I think there are a lot of positives to take away from this season. This is a great young corp of players. I think the Sabres are one elite centerman away from being a legitimate contender next year. Let's see what they do in the offseason. Too bad that elite centerman used to play in Buffalo and tore them to pieces in this series. Oh well, hopefully the offseason will be fun. I'm enjoying the Pegula era, and I do believe that we will win a cup here and soon.

Take solace, fellow Sabres fans; this team did a lot better than we thought it would in November or December. A lot better

I had wrote them off completely.

Jumped off the bandwagon altogether.

I was looking for the fire sale and the successors to Lindy and Darcy.

Amazing, AMAZING run this calender year.

...and to take Philly to the limit is a great accomplishment.

NHL officiating is so assbackwards it's not even funny. Richards concusses a player with a cheap shot from behind into the boards, which incurs a 2 minute minor penalty. Briere knocks a tooth out of a players head with another cheap shot into the boards from behind, which incurs a 2 minute minor penalty. Carsmello gets a 10 minute misconduct for being a douche with less than 10 mins left so his night is over....then he breaks his stick on the boards like a little b***h and gets a game misconduct when he's already out of the game. This league continues to amaze with it's stupidity and how it seems to get dumber game by game. Can't wait til next year.

Archived