Should Enroth Start Game 6?

ThePebble19

Should Enroth Start Game 6?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should Enroth Start Game 6?

• Yes
    • No

No way, Miller always follows up a shutout/great game with something lousy the next. Tonight we got a W out of it, his play on Sunday should be top notch.

:blink: It sounds like you're saying tonight was his lousy one? You might be kidding?

People really don't understand what goes into playing net. All they know is "puck in" or "puck not in." That said, the two bloopers Boucher let in were all him. E-P-I-C FAIL for a playoff goalie. Lalime-esque, even.

The very nature of hockey makes it impossible for even the best goalies to make every save. There are bounces, bad plays by your supporting teammates, and yes, sometimes the other guy just makes an incredible shot. You have to look at the body of work, and there is no question Miller has been outstanding this series. But anyone who thinks he's supposed to steal every game is dreaming. Sometimes the other 5 guys have to pitch in too.

PTR

People really don't understand what goes into playing net. All they know is "puck in" or "puck not in." That said, the two bloopers Boucher let in were all him. E-P-I-C FAIL for a playoff goalie. Lalime-esque, even.

The very nature of hockey makes it impossible for even the best goalies to make every save. There are bounces, bad plays by your supporting teammates, and yes, sometimes the other guy just makes an incredible shot. You have to look at the body of work, and there is no question Miller has been outstanding this series. But anyone who thinks he's supposed to steal every game is dreaming. Sometimes the other 5 guys have to pitch in too.

PTR

I think some of those folks remember Hasek and are spoiled. For a while there from 1997-1999 Hasek DID steal nearly every game. The Sabres strategy seemed to be to score a lucky goal in the first period and then collapse down and hang on, and more often than not it worked.

I think some of those folks remember Hasek and are spoiled. For a while there from 1997-1999 Hasek DID steal nearly every game. The Sabres strategy seemed to be to score a lucky goal in the first period and then collapse down and hang on, and more often than not it worked.

True. When you consider that the Flyers were just 3 goals behind the league lead in goals scored this year, and Miller has shut them out twice with a stellar save percentage, while also holding down the fort last night in the third period to send it to OT, his play has been outstanding. It's ridiculous for people to say he's overrated on the nights that 2 or 3 goals get past him.

True. When you consider that the Flyers were just 3 goals behind the league lead in goals scored this year, and Miller has shut them out twice with a stellar save percentage, while also holding down the fort last night in the third period to send it to OT, his play has been outstanding. It's ridiculous for people to say he's overrated on the nights that 2 or 3 goals get past him.

I agree with this :thumbsup:

Archived