Was Andrew Peters rated an early 2nd round talent?

LabattBlue

I wonder how Pominville's numbers would look right now on Crosby, Malkin, and Staal's wing.

He would still be shooting the puck from his spot. :rolleyes: His numbers would probably go up as those guys demand a D-man's attention.

I wanted to say..."How would my numbers look in a whorehouse full of extacy on New Year's Eve during a blizzard?".....but I refrained.

well your bank account numbers would look very bad as they took all your money but if your counting you :thumbsup: number then you would be akin to Hugh Heffner

I wanted to say..."How would my numbers look in a whorehouse full of extacy on New Year's Eve during a blizzard?".....but I refrained.

Good thing you refrained. It would have been bad if you had said it.

Darcy has hit on a good percentage of his draft picks. I have no qualms to pick with Darcy about his drafting.

Wanna talk about a missed draft.

Sabres draft from 1973.

8 players taken

19 TOTAL games played COMBINED (all by one player: morris titanic) 0g 0a 0pt

I'm not concerned about the careers of the players taken before or after Peters(#34 overall, 7th pick of the 2nd round). I'm more interested in his pre-draft rankings. Was he really rated that highly? He had shown little to no scoring touch in the OHL at that point, and his skating and skills always left something to desire. I tried googling his draft profile, but didn't have any luck.

PS Except for Miller and to a lesser extent Kalinin and Kotalik, the 1998-2000 draft classes were unbelievably bad. It's no surprise DR has traded away his 2nd round picks at the deadline the last few years. He is probably still having nightmares over his SEVEN 2nd round selections from those 3 years...Peters, Milley, Kristek, Bartovic, Janik, Zigomanis & Dicaire. :blink:

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00005054.html

According to THN, he was their 32nd overall prospect. (5th pick of 2nd round, right behind Betts, Gomez, Tanguay, and Cheechoo.)

They liked his size (including willingness to drop the gloves) and going to the net. Dissed his puckhandling and likely continued lack of a scoring touch.

According to THN, he was their 32nd overall prospect. (5th pick of 2nd round, right behind Betts, Gomez, Tanguay, and Cheechoo.)

They liked his size (including willingness to drop the gloves) and going to the net. Dissed his puckhandling and likely continued lack of a scoring touch.

I seem to remember him being a case where he grew significantly after being drafted (and I mean height-wise, not trying to suggest any juicing). Was that the case too?

I don't know why people like picking on Peters after the fact. He was what he was. An enforcer that actually wasn't disgusting on his skates or the skill department. I didn't like how he locked his arm every altercation, fighting for the draw, but skill wise, he skated better than Luke Adam does.

Certainly nothing to revel about when it comes to his retirement. I'll take a decade in the NHL, $1 mil+ in the bank, and a hot blonde in a positive light.

thanks.

Archived