OT - The Power of Nature

FogBat

Nope. Not at all. Danny Glover and I are polar opposites. However, I do wonder if this is a piece of God's judgment upon humanity.

The tsunami footage is going viral, to say the least. There's also plenty of material about the Indonesia tsunami from 2004.

:lol:

I hear ya brother....but you

Forgot one

:lol: That killed me.

I don't know where you got your sense of humor from, but you never cease to amaze me.

Speaking of LQ, if he had just stayed out of the hockey business altogether and focused more on land development, I think he would have accomplished a lot more - even with the obstinate city officials.

Just saw on MSNBC that they are going to vent the nuke plant with, and I quote, "slightly radioactive vapor". ...LOL... Is that like slightly pregnant?

A new one, "partial meltdown"... This is going to turn into a fascinating case history in disaster response...

A very well done summary of events in Japan.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/education/2011/03/13/sn.0314.cnn

When I started this thread, my intent was to showcase the power of a tornado as it was caught on CCTV at a hardware store near Mobile, Alabama.

None of us had any idea that the following day, there would be an 8.9-9.0 magnitude earthquake hit Japan and the killer tsunami that came ashore just several minutes later.

I am not complaining that this thread took the turn that it did. After all, it has been a showcase about how destructive these "Acts of God" can be, and I thank everyone for their input on these events.

Six minutes changed everything. Amazing raw footage start to finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpuLlIrUYsI

This vid has gone viral. I'm seeing it everywhere. I made my kids watch it yesterday to show them how fast things can change. I kept saying things like this is just one minute later, two minutes later, there goes the house...

This is just absolutely gut wrenching to watch. Many people see cars, boats and houses, I "see" people getting caught up and dying.

They showed a hospital where the only floor that didn't have everything wiped clean was the 5th. In another photo a car was sitting on top of a four story building. Apparently since the Japanese have been keeping records of tsunami they've recorded 195 of them. The west coast of North America is due for a big quake. I'm not sure if that oceanfront property is as desirable after witnessing the devastation in Japan.

Japan is now 13 feet closer to North America. Crazy.

Yea, that's quite a big move for the subduction to do. No analysis of the sea floor as of yet, but there is a theory forming that the area where the quake happened has also moved up to such an extent that it actually is considered shallow water's now.

Pretty amazing how the Earth works.

Can't wait to see some raw footage from the subduction zone to see exactly what it looks like now. I mean, it shifted the entire Pacific Rim Plate. Seismologist's are now looking for the new pressure zone that is sure to come of this event. When the plates shift, as they relieve pressure in one area another area get's a substantial build up in pressure.

I wonder where that is now.

Yea, that's quite a big move for the subduction to do. No analysis of the sea floor as of yet, but there is a theory forming that the area where the quake happened has also moved up to such an extent that it actually is considered shallow water's now.

Pretty amazing how the Earth works.

Can't wait to see some raw footage from the subduction zone to see exactly what it looks like now. I mean, it shifted the entire Pacific Rim Plate. Seismologist's are now looking for the new pressure zone that is sure to come of this event. When the plates shift, as they relieve pressure in one area another area get's a substantial build up in pressure.

I wonder where that is now.

I believe that it the new place is squarely under the Japanese Nuclear Industry..

This vid has gone viral. I'm seeing it everywhere. I made my kids watch it yesterday to show them how fast things can change. I kept saying things like this is just one minute later, two minutes later, there goes the house...

This is just absolutely gut wrenching to watch. Many people see cars, boats and houses, I "see" people getting caught up and dying.

It is really heartbreaking to watch. It's one thing to get a flood watch/warning (or any other warning) from NWS/NOAA with enough advance notice to head to a safe area. This is a whole different beast altogether.

Archived