Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

Wow!

Who'd have thunk it, the Sabres actually have the playoffs in their own destiny for the first time all year.

Great road win. Way to go Lalime...........my bad. Way to go Enroth.

Stafford!! Streaky but the gaps in games without goals is way less than before. Come on boys. Like the old Andrea True Connection song goes....."More, More, More"

I was noticing how skilled we are up front with the Boyes pickup and with Marcari and Gerbe in there. Almost everyone out there minus Nieds, Kaleta, McCormick and Goose can be considered skill guys. I though we looked really dangerous offensively, especially with our d-men pitching in some offense.

I don't see what people saw in Mancari tonight. Did he even touch the puck? Once, or twice maybe? Dude was invisible. Ugh, but I guess he's stuck here now if Kaleta can't play.

I don't see what people saw in Mancari tonight. Did he even touch the puck? Once, or twice maybe? Dude was invisible. Ugh, but I guess he's stuck here now if Kaleta can't play.

All he did was figure skate tonight IMO.

He had a couple of nice plays down low. I just like him because he's huge and can skate a bit and has good hands. We could do a lot worse with calling up a guy from the AHL.

yeah i was happy with his defensive play though. He didnt hurt us

It really sounds like the Minnesota arena has the hockey sound down perfectly. Sabres should just copy it.

That is one arena I've never been to. Would love to go to a game there.

(I had one night in Minny and I went to the Mall of America for 7 min. and left and decided it was my version of hell)

(I had one night in Minny and I went to the Mall of America for 7 min. and left and decided it was my version of hell)

too many yuppies with season tickets though :thumbdown:

Prairie Home Companion in the afternoon and Sabre-Wild at night would be a hoot.

Agreed... eerily similar, but doesn't this tell us that Buffalo forwards don't try that play enough? I mean, Stafford drives the net one on one and scores, and Sabres fans are taken back FIVE YEARS to the last time it happened. Jeesh. Grow a pair and drive the net like that more often. Stafford is big enough too. So is goose.

Really? we just won an OT thriller to bring us into the playoffs and you have complaints??????? Save it for Thursday, PLEASE! There was nothing sad about this!

For back to back games that is the best they've skated all year.

Absolutely.

Very good back-to-back win. Everyone on the ice, save Connolly, looked good; some looked excellent. The latter being, off the top of my head, Enroth, Vanek, Montador, Myers, and obviously Stafford. Stafford was a beast tonight, especially in the third - I'm glad he got the game-winner as he deserved it the most.

Enroth was leaping around in there like a frog! Love it. I was down on him, oh, I dunno, up until this season. Saw him at various training camps prior and wasn't impressed, but this season his starts have been impressive.

Absolutely.

Very good back-to-back win. Everyone on the ice, save Connolly, looked good; some looked excellent. The latter being, off the top of my head, Enroth, Vanek, Montador, Myers, and obviously Stafford. Stafford was a beast tonight, especially in the third - I'm glad he got the game-winner as he deserved it the most.

Enroth was leaping around in there like a frog! Love it. I was down on him, oh, I dunno, up until this season. Saw him at various training camps prior and wasn't impressed, but this season his starts have been impressive.

Stafford really is incredibly strong.

Enroth looked really poised. Nice game.

Really? we just won an OT thriller to bring us into the playoffs and you have complaints??????? Save it for Thursday, PLEASE! There was nothing sad about this!

:blink: :blink: :blink:

it was a compliment more than anything. thanks for misunderstanding.

but seriously, a player drives hard to the net and scores and the quickest memory that comes to mind is five years ago?

Archived