The Niedermayer Watch

Marvelo

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will Scott -- I mean Rob -- Niedermayer score his first goal of the season?

• Game #61, the next game.
    • Game #65.
    • Game #80.
    • He will never score another goal.

Lindy has thrown him on a line with vanek a few times now, so I think Lindy is trying to get him his goal. Reminds me of CYO basketball when the coach puts out that one kid who hasn't got a basket all year in with all the best kids and tells them to feed him until he sinks one.

My bet is the clock runs out before he gets one.

My wife and I have a bet going on who will score first, Niedermayer or Ryan Miller. She's got Miller. I'm thinking she might actually win the bet.

It's almost embarrassing really. You'd think, just by being out on the ice long enough, that an NHL forward would find at least a few opportunities to score. He hasn't even been close to scoring! At this point, one of his teammates is going to have to bank a shot off of Niedermayer for the guy to get a goal. Of course, that's going to be difficult since the guy doesn't go near the net.

About 30 games ago, there was a discussion about Tim Kennedy versus Rob Niedermayer. I had jokingly pointed out how they had the same number of NHL goals this season. It was funny then; it's sad now.

Speaking of Kennedy, now that Pegula sounds like he's willing to openly criticize the old regime -- telling Darcy no to hockey department improvements, tying his hands on Lydman and Tallinder because they didn't like long-term deals -- I wonder if the truth might finally come out about the Kennedy situation. I sure would like to be vindicated.

Speaking of Kennedy, now that Pegula sounds like he's willing to openly criticize the old regime -- telling Darcy no to hockey department improvements, tying his hands on Lydman and Tallinder because they didn't like long-term deals -- I wonder if the truth might finally come out about the Kennedy situation. I sure would like to be vindicated.

On the day of Pegs PC, someone called into WGR afterwards asking if they thought Kennedy might be brought back into the fold. Hamilton insinuated that the reason they cut Kennedy loose was that he managed to get out of shape in the offseason. Problem is, he was let go on 8-2. How much monitoring of a players physical condition is done between the time the season ends and 8-2? Doesn't seem to jive.

As Bucky would say, it's all about the fit. I think he was going to be a good fit here.

I agree. I can't explain why he didn't make the Rangers team(different coach, different system, etc...), all I know is he had a promising rookie season in 09-10, showed some grit for a player his size, and IMO would have built on that success, had he remained a Sabre.

In Niedermayer's defense, when you consider he has no goals and is rarely on the ice when the team does score a goal......... he is only a -2 which says a lot about how often the opposing teams score when his line is on the ice. That -2 is better than most of our top scorers who have the advantage of getting +'s way more often. Only one regulation loss this year when leading after 2, I notice he gets more ice time in the third periods when holding on to leads.

In Niedermayer's defense, when you consider he has no goals and is rarely on the ice when the team does score a goal......... he is only a -2 which says a lot about how often the opposing teams score when his line is on the ice. That -2 is better than most of our top scorers who have the advantage of getting +'s way more often. Only one regulation loss this year when leading after 2, I notice he gets more ice time in the third periods when holding on to leads.

This is the point of having Nieds in a nut shell. The guy is here to be a defensive forward. He's not here to score 40 goals. And he normally plays with Grier. Do you really expect that combo to set something up in the zone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived