[Game Day] Leafs @ Sabres 7:00PM

SabresBeat

I live in Cleveland now and usually can pick up WGR550 in the car around town but not today. Any word on who's starting in net tonight? I probably shouldn't be worried but I always get anxious with the Leafs games. With all the talk of the #2 power ranking on ESPN it just seems like this is a really important game tonight and a loss would really affect the psyche of the goalies, etc. Couple that with the uncertainty of Ruff's short-term availibility it just seems like a huge game. Am I just being a typical Buffalo fan and worrying about nothing?

I live in Cleveland now and usually can pick up WGR550 in the car around town but not today. Any word on who's starting in net tonight? I probably shouldn't be worried but I always get anxious with the Leafs games. With all the talk of the #2 power ranking on ESPN it just seems like this is a really important game tonight and a loss would really affect the psyche of the goalies, etc. Couple that with the uncertainty of Ruff's short-term availibility it just seems like a huge game. Am I just being a typical Buffalo fan and worrying about nothing?

Its an important game but I dont see it as a huge game confidence-wise. The bigger game will be against Ottawa on saturday and while this game is important we dont have anything to prove against Toronto. We have won 7 straight and I dont think it would be a horrible thing to lose this game because if we go into Ottawa winning 8 straight we might feel like we have the game won before we start. I think Miller will be back on his game tonight and he should be starting. I wouldnt worry about this game, save it until saturday.

This game is huge.

First, we're riding high. We don't want to be derailed right before Ottawa.

Second, it's the leafs. The crowd is 50/50, it's gonna be electric, i'm jealous, I want to go.. too bad I live in Tallahassee, FL.

Third, Miller needs a game to really stand up tall. The third period built a foundation, now he needs to add the building. Preferably with lots of walls, brick walls. In front of our net.

Fourth, Win for Lindy. The less he has to worry about the Sabres the easier it will be on him.

Fifth, You dont go into any game thinking it's okay if you lose. That's a losers mentality.

I am pretty sure that on WGR this morning, they said that Miller was starting.

Boston up 1-0 on Ottawa

dude, i know that there is normally a large number of Leaf fans at HSBC, but it seems more absurd than usual tonight? what the hell is wrong that we can't have more than half the crowd as Sabre fans in a year like this? and as much as I want to hate them, you really have to respect the way they did this game after game (show up in such large numbers)

dude, i know that there is normally a large number of Leaf fans at HSBC, but it seems more absurd than usual tonight? what the hell is wrong that we can't have more than half the crowd as Sabre fans in a year like this? and as much as I want to hate them, you really have to respect the way they did this game after game (show up in such large numbers)

Leafs games are always sold out, so Toronto fans snap up the Leafs/Sabres tickets.

On the other hand, Buffalo prices are much cheaper than Toronto prices, so I'm sure many of them come because of the short drive + much better pricing.

Toronto definitely came to play tonight. Tellqvist looks great.

Sabres always start slow they picked it up there in second half. I bet Hecht buries one later in the game to make up for missing that empty net. Anyone see Tucker on that penalty? He grabbed Campbell and then he just fell down. Old legs do that to ya.

Leafs games are always sold out, so Toronto fans snap up the Leafs/Sabres tickets.

Yep, at the last game I had a Laff fan living in TO and her brother living in N. Carolina sit next to me. They can't get tickets in TO so they come here.

On the plus side, there should be fewer Laff fans at the games next year as it looks like the season ticketholder base will be up next year. (Fewer tickets available for them to scarf up.)

Sounds like Ryan is sharp. Gotta give Lindy a lot of credit for sticking with him and letting him play his way back. For all the criticism Ruff has taken in the past for a heavy hand when handling his goalies, it seems like this year his touch has been almost perfect.

Tight, low-scoring game. The Sabres will get a lot more out of this than another 6-4 win.

Let's go Buffalo!

Sounds like Ryan is sharp. Gotta give Lindy a lot of credit for sticking with him and letting him play his way back. For all the criticism Ruff has taken in the past for a heavy hand when handling his goalies, it seems like this year his touch has been almost perfect.

Tight, low-scoring game. The Sabres will get a lot more out of this than another 6-4 win.

Let's go Buffalo!

I agree, was thinking the same thing!