[Game Day] Leafs @ Sabres 7:00PM

SabresBeat

Every time I feel down I think of Briere for Gratton.

Gratton should change his name to something more European because that's his game. Drove me nuts when he was in Buffalo because he played about a foot shorter and 75 pounds lighter than he is. I was dancing a jig when we got Briere because he was (IS) ridiculously talented and (unlike Grattonovovich) plays like his hair is on fire EVERY SHIFT. Phoenix has a couple guys like that but they're hamstrung because the rest of the roster is so below par.

Gratton should change his name to something more European because that's his game. Drove me nuts when he was in Buffalo because he played about a foot shorter and 75 pounds lighter than he is. I was dancing a jig when we got Briere because he was (IS) ridiculously talented and (unlike Grattonovovich) plays like his hair is on fire EVERY SHIFT. Phoenix has a couple guys like that but they're hamstrung because the rest of the roster is so below par.

How about Chris Au Grautin? Like the potatos? :P

PTR

Great game. Great fans on both sides - it did seem like the Sabre fans stepped up to the plate tonight - next year there will be much less of this with the expansion of the season ticket base.

Miller was outstanding.

Grier has a great goal...nice to see him pick up some key goals this week.

Who would have thought that the Sabres could be 1 point ahead of the 'Sens after Saturday nights game...given the way they started the season against them.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Just got back from the game. God I hate Leaf fans. There was a lot of them but the 300s totally drowned them out when they did their gay chant.

Very playoff-like atmosphere tonight! I hope Hecht and Conns are OK. We need them in the playoffs

Just got back from the game. God I hate Leaf fans. There was a lot of them but the 300s totally drowned them out when they did their gay chant.

Very playoff-like atmosphere tonight! I hope Hecht and Conns are OK. We need them in the playoffs

I don't either is that bad off. Timmy skated in practice today, and Lorentz said Hecht wouldn't be out very long...

For the guys that went to the game and might have missed postgame comments:

Sounds like Connolly could have played tonight if it was the playoffs. Doctor's advice was to let him rest up for a couple games, sounds like he'll most likely be back on Sunday. If Jochen can't go, I hope we toss in Peters for the Ottawa game. I like the idea of having a scrapper in what I would imagine will be a tight, physical game.

But boy, you sure do notice a difference with Timmy and Jochen off the ice. Granted, this was a very different style of game, much tighter and more defensive minded, but it makes a difference not to have a couple of playmakers and finishers out there.

In his post-game comments, Lindy alluded to the fact that he would have preferred to be playing Ottawa with a full club, not down two big parts of the team.

Either way, Saturday can't come fast enough!

For the guys that went to the game and might have missed postgame comments:

Sounds like Connolly could have played tonight if it was the playoffs. Doctor's advice was to let him rest up for a couple games, sounds like he'll most likely be back on Sunday. If Jochen can't go, I hope we toss in Peters for the Ottawa game. I like the idea of having a scrapper in what I would imagine will be a tight, physical game.

But boy, you sure do notice a difference with Timmy and Jochen off the ice. Granted, this was a very different style of game, much tighter and more defensive minded, but it makes a difference not to have a couple of playmakers and finishers out there.

In his post-game comments, Lindy alluded to the fact that he would have preferred to be playing Ottawa with a full club, not down two big parts of the team.

Either way, Saturday can't come fast enough!

The last Ottawa game was the last time Peters dressed, wasn't it?

Nice effort last night by Miller. That save on Tucker was huge. I thought Kalinin played really well in his own end. Nothing makes me happier than knowing that all the Leaf fans go home crying in their beer. Mike Grier what can I say...I called you out a couple of weeks ago and since then you have become possessed. B-)

The replay on nhl.com cuts it off, but on the game winning goal, Kotalik had the puck inside his blue line and could have just cleared it and gone to the bench. Instead he made a short pass to Drury, who in turn got it to Grier for the goal. Nice play By Kotalik.

PS I only have one wish for next season and that is Buffalo fans gobble up the seats in the lower bowl for season tickets, so I don't have to see thousands of Leaf fans act like they are playing for the Stanley Cup every time they come to Buffalo. I don't care if they end up in the 300's, just not in the 100's where they are on camera the entire game. The only time I was happy with seeing the Leaf fans, was when Tucker got stoned by Miller, they all had their hands up in the air thinking it was a sure goal. :P

PS I only have one wish for next season and that is Buffalo fans gobble up the seats in the lower bowl for season tickets, so I don't have to see thousands of Leaf fans act like they are playing for the Stanley Cup every time they come to Buffalo. I don't care if they end up in the 300's, just not in the 100's where they are on camera the entire game.

n okidding! i have a pair in the 4th row next to the habs bench for the 4/12 game....i'm starting to worry that i will be surrounded by montreal fans :unsure: !

One other thing pissed me off about last night and I apologize if it has already been discussed...

How the hell could the referee not see that Sundin took a dive on the Tallinder penalty call. It was right in front of the ref and was a horrible job of acting by Sundin. FU Mats...why don't you go back to Sweden and finish your career cheap shotting your fellow countrymen in the back of the head.