"We're going to win the Stanley Cup"

wnyguy

I'm sure the Knox Brothers said they wanted to win a cup.

It all means nothing unless I see the cup on the steps of City Hall

Well I like the fact that he's not afraid to say that rather then saying, " I just want the team to break even."

If Dick Jauron was in the NHL: "It's hard to win in the NHL". Glad to see Pegula have very high expectations from the beginning :thumbsup:

Lindy's version has been "Every game is close. There's little separating the teams. It's tough to score goals in the NHL." :wallbash:

Lindy's version has been "Every game is close. There's little separating the teams. It's tough to score goals in the NHL." :wallbash:

That's pretty close! :clapping:

Pegula definitely has a lot of work to do (especially winning back most of the fans that TG/LQ pissed off).

Pegula definitely has a lot of work to do (especially winning back most of the fans that TG/LQ pissed off).

I don't see that as being very difficult. He's saying the right stuff now, and I don't know of a single person that doesn't think he'll be at least as good as the last regime.

The locals are Sabres' fans. The new guy will get a bit of a honeymoon to start off.

Figuring out Quinny's replacement should be the 1st item of business. I'd be surprised if that person isn't introduced the day the sale becomes official. Have your top hockey person on board and then decide what to do with DR and how to adjust the scouting department. (Keep video scouting, keep it but add additional scouts, scrap it, etc.)

I don't see that as being very difficult. He's saying the right stuff now, and I don't know of a single person that doesn't think he'll be at least as good as the last regime.

The locals are Sabres' fans. The new guy will get a bit of a honeymoon to start off.

Figuring out Quinny's replacement should be the 1st item of business. I'd be surprised if that person isn't introduced the day the sale becomes official. Have your top hockey person on board and then decide what to do with DR and how to adjust the scouting department. (Keep video scouting, keep it but add additional scouts, scrap it, etc.)

Why does there have to be someone to fill Quinn's role, with respect to hockey decisions? For me, I want only ONE person making hockey decisions, and I want that person to be the GM. Of course, that person will have to report to Pegula, but with respect to hockey decisions, I don't want that person reporting to anyone else.

If Pegula needs someone to oversee the day-to-day non-hockey decisions, by all means, he should hire someone.

Yes and no. The team has problems, but it isn't saddled with any Kovalchuk-esque contracts that completely wreck our future. Plus we have some good prospects joining the club next fall and a lot of dead weight leaving this summer.

This team doesn't need a miracle to improve. Just competent leadership.

Yes and no. The team has problems, but it isn't saddled with any Kovalchuk-esque contracts that completely wreck our future. Plus we have some good prospects joining the club next fall and a lot of dead weight leaving this summer.

This team doesn't need a miracle to improve. Just competent leadership.

I agree that the team doesn't have a Kovalchuk-esqe type contract on the team to deal with, but there is some dead weight (injury prone players) that needs to go. The main overhauling needs to start in the front office though.

It was in exchange for a pair of hockey tickets. I don't know, Corkum would be a good name for a kid destined to get in a ton of fights out on the ice.

Maybe for a pair of hockey tickets for life! Then still only a middle name. Minimum - a college trust fund.

Archived