Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

This again? Who cares about winning percentage? All that matters at the end of the day is that points column (ok, except for those new tie breakers). It's such a pointless argument and it needs to go away permanently.

I wish I has more to say about the game, but unfortunately it was a long day yesterday and a fell asleep during the 2nd intermission. The only thing I really remember from the whole thing was the idiotic mini-rant from Edwards and Brickley originally suggesting that Kaleta was faking an injury when he blocked that shot. Do a little research you fools. It was immediately obvious what happened when he was leaving the ice.

Really, those two are nutjobs. Why would a guy fake an injury blocking a shot? Listening to Bruins telecasts these two make it sound like there's only one team on the ice. And constantly questioning the officiating for sabres transgressions but ignoring obvious Bruins transgressions is maddening.

Really, those two are nutjobs. Why would a guy fake an injury blocking a shot? Listening to Bruins telecasts these two make it sound like there's only one team on the ice. And constantly questioning the officiating for sabres transgressions but ignoring obvious Bruins transgressions is maddening.

I have no doubt Edwards is a tool, as most professional talkers are these days, even our own RJ at times. But I hadn't ever listened to Edwards to any memorable extent. I watched about a five minute highlight package of the game and had absolutely no problem with his delivery. He praised Miller for that big save on Recchi. He didn't sound like a homer. His Sabre goal calls were almost as enthusiastic as his Bruin calls. And he went into a funny schtick of some sort when a Bruin kicked the puck down. Sounded like Arnold. Something about soccah.

They saw Kaleta and just assumed he was up to no good. Nevermind they have a scumbag of their own in Lucic who gets a free pass from them. After a couple replays they changed their tune and praised Kaleta for it, but they never pieced together the fact that it hit him in his injured wrist.

Speaking of blocked shots, I was kind of suprised they didn't whistle the play dead on that Weber block. I know Boston had possession, but he was down right at the top of the crease, directly in the line of fire. Nothing good was going to come of that, obviously.

They saw Kaleta and just assumed he was up to no good. Nevermind they have a scumbag of their own in Lucic who gets a free pass from them. After a couple replays they changed their tune and praised Kaleta for it, but they never pieced together the fact that it hit him in his injured wrist.

Speaking of blocked shots, I was kind of suprised they didn't whistle the play dead on that Weber block. I know Boston had possession, but he was down right at the top of the crease, directly in the line of fire. Nothing good was going to come of that, obviously.

As much as Weber was coiled up, I don't think you can blow that dead while Boston has possession.

If it hit him in the trachea, it might be a different call, but not lower body.

Don't forget, Gerbe started trouble with Chara. Because Chara never, ever takes shots at people after the whistle. :rolleyes:

The Bruins broadcasts are so insanely bad that there's really no way to describe them here and do them justice. You'd swear the entire Bruins roster was made up of guys who just got back from volunteer work in Haiti and that any other team is made up of convicted murderers on parole.

Don't forget, Gerbe started trouble with Chara. Because Chara never, ever takes shots at people after the whistle. :rolleyes:

The Bruins broadcasts are so insanely bad that there's really no way to describe them here and do them justice. You'd swear the entire Bruins roster was made up of guys who just got back from volunteer work in Haiti and that any other team is made up of convicted murderers on parole.

They are rather funny at NESN.

It is that Johnny Most tradition in Boston, where the Celtics went 45 years without a legit personal foul.

I'm really impressed with the way the younger guys are stepping up right now. It's encouraging to know that the old "core", with its apparent lack of heart, will one day be supplanted by some real gamers. I'm talking about Gerbe, Ennis, Sekera, Weber, and McCormick. I want to say Myers, too, but he needs to figure out how to handle the puck in his own zone without getting his pocket picked.

I have no doubt Edwards is a tool, as most professional talkers are these days, even our own RJ at times. But I hadn't ever listened to Edwards to any memorable extent. I watched about a five minute highlight package of the game and had absolutely no problem with his delivery. He praised Miller for that big save on Recchi. He didn't sound like a homer. His Sabre goal calls were almost as enthusiastic as his Bruin calls. And he went into a funny schtick of some sort when a Bruin kicked the puck down. Sounded like Arnold. Something about soccah.

They can trim out a lot of crap in a highlight package. But yeah, they didn't seem too over the top yesterday... but then again, I did mention that I slept through most of the 3rd.

As much as Weber was coiled up, I don't think you can blow that dead while Boston has possession.

If it hit him in the trachea, it might be a different call, but not lower body.

Rules say officials can stop play for a "serious injury." I would hope if someone had a clearly broken leg a la Alex Mogily that time, play would be stopped.

Rules say officials can stop play for a "serious injury." I would hope if someone had a clearly broken leg a la Alex Mogily that time, play would be stopped.

It's also not like he was in the corner, out of the way. He was directly in front of Miller just waiting to be injured by a puck that he wasn't ready for.

I found the Boston crew to be very even and tolerable, surprisingly so. They were somewhat homeristic, but nothing I wouldn't expect from any crew and certainly less than Rick and Harry.

It's also not like he was in the corner, out of the way. He was directly in front of Miller just waiting to be injured by a puck that he wasn't ready for.

I found the Boston crew to be very even and tolerable, surprisingly so. They were somewhat homeristic, but nothing I wouldn't expect from any crew and certainly less than Rick and Harry.

Here's a twist. When the goalie loses his mask, play stops -- unless the other team has an impending/immediate scoring chance. So if Ryan loses his mask and Chara is about to unload from the high slot -- it's been nice knowin' ya Ryan.

Here's a twist. When the goalie loses his mask, play stops -- unless the other team has an impending/immediate scoring chance. So if Ryan loses his mask and Chara is about to unload from the high slot -- it's been nice knowin' ya Ryan.

oof. I don't even want to think about that.

Some more notes-

Pominville and Hecht might be overpaid, but they are really solid players and I'm glad we have them. We know what our PK was without Pommers, and from the offensive blue line back, Hecht might be the best player we have.

Also, it's too bad Kaleta is known for what he's known for because he has some pretty good skills.

EDIT:I just watched the Weber injury again. After he went down, the puck actually hit him a second time when he was on down on the ice and they didn't blow it dead until Vanek hit it to the corner so we did have possession.

oof. I don't even want to think about that.

Some more notes-

Pominville and Hecht might be overpaid, but they are really solid players and I'm glad we have them. We know what our PK was without Pommers, and from the offensive blue line back, Hecht might be the best player we have.

Also, it's too bad Kaleta is know for what he's know for because he has some pretty good skills.

Jeez, we have some good players. Miller, Vanek, the rookie of the year. How is this team missing the playoffs for the third time in four years -- and for the 46th time in Lindy's 77 seasons?

Jeez, we have some good players. Miller, Vanek, the rookie of the year. How is this team missing the playoffs for the third time in four years -- and for the 46th time in Lindy's 77 seasons?

Meh. I think our general level of talent is reflective of our current place in the standings. Last year could have easily been the same story, but a confluence of factors led to Miller playing like an elite goaltender instead of simply an above average one.

That said, I agree that there needs to be new blood, even though I respect Lindy as a coach. If the season ends disappointingly (missing the playoffs or getting our ###### kicked in the 1st round again), I'd have no problem with Pegula selecting his own head coach.

I actually thought they did a pretty decent job yesterday. I normally can't stand those guys.

That was a troubling point in the game -- when Weber and then Kaleta went out. They took about 60% of the team's toughness with them. I was quite relieved to see Weber return.

we were getting outhit pretty badly anyways. wasn't it like 19-6 or sthng end of the 2nd period

Archived