On A Positive Note

bob_sauve28

What exactly are we going to lose? Someone who falls all the time, cleaning off the ice? Someone who misses point blank chances? Someone who looks for someone to pass it to and then turn it over? Whatever are we going to do? Oh wait, we have Ennis and Gerbe to fill his shoes...they pretty much do the same thing...no worries:)

What exactly are we going to lose? Someone who falls all the time, cleaning off the ice? Someone who misses point blank chances? Someone who looks for someone to pass it to and then turn it over? Whatever are we going to do? Oh wait, we have Ennis and Gerbe to fill his shoes...they pretty much do the same thing...no worries:)

ya, why worry about losing your top scorer?

Our best forward this year by far.

Our best forward this year by far.

While his points are high, quality points are not...one GWG and most of his assists are secondary. I will not deny that his injury will potentially hurt the team, but I am still not convinced he is the backbone of our team based on history and present play.

We are losing Roy, not Vanek - Vanek is the leading scorer.

In the NHL "scoring" has always been defined as producing points (goals+assists), not just goals. I've always disliked it, but that's the term that they use. Thus, Roy is our leading "scorer" by that definition.

While his points are high, quality points are not...one GWG and most of his assists are secondary. I will not deny that his injury will potentially hurt the team, but I am still not convinced he is the backbone of our team based on history and present play.

Then who is?

I never said he was the backbone of our team...that would be Miller. I said he was our best forward this year. If he's not, then who is?

As an aside to this thread... I mean, no to be superstitious or anything, but maybe this bob_sauve28 should make a "Sidney Crosby is having a pretty good year" thread or something.

NICE!! And then a "Gosh I'm really glad Mike Vick hasn't been hit by a train" thread, while he's at it?

Archived