[OT] Buffalo has its moments

Sterling Archer

Had to take the Metro downtown to get home tonite and was down at Huron and Delaware. I have to say it was unbelievably beautiful. The white snow still on the sidewalks and despite being a block from Chippewa, it was kinda quiet with just the wind and blowing snow.

I kinda was upset my phone doesn't have a better camera on my phone. For everyone saying Buffalo is such a hole, I have to say, in the right place at the right time, this city can show some real beauty.

Wow, that's a great video - thanks for posting! Makes me want to pick up and move there!

Me too, trouble is every time I've sent in a resume for a job, I've been rejected. One place, a cancer research hospital that shall go unnamed, asked me about my salary demands before asking about my qualifications. I think these places are turned off by my Washington DC salary. I keep telling them not to pay attention to the salary because my needs for "quality of life" issues are more important -- to no avail. I guess I'll just have to keep trying.

Me too, trouble is every time I've sent in a resume for a job, I've been rejected. One place, a cancer research hospital that shall go unnamed, asked me about my salary demands before asking about my qualifications. I think these places are turned off by my Washington DC salary. I keep telling them not to pay attention to the salary because my needs for "quality of life" issues are more important -- to no avail. I guess I'll just have to keep trying.

That's too bad. I'm sure with the difference in cost of living you could take a pretty big pay cut and still come out even!

I agree -- but there's a difference between getting a haircut and getting scalped B-)

LOL well I'm in the opposite situation -- I could make an awful lot more money than I am if I went to someplace larger, but being in central PA (affectionately referred to as Pennsyltucky around here) they can justify paying people far less than they should because the housing is reasonable. Can't win either way sometimes.

LOL well I'm in the opposite situation -- I could make an awful lot more money than I am if I went to someplace larger, but being in central PA (affectionately referred to as Pennsyltucky around here) they can justify paying people far less than they should because the housing is reasonable. Can't win either way sometimes.

Ain't that the truth!

That unnamed cancer research hospital is funny with these things. I sent in a resume there when I was originally looking for work over 6 years ago. 5 years later I got a random email saying that they went with someone else for the position.

I hate that on the national broadcasts of Bills games they always use the same little clips of Niagara Falls or the Anchor Bar when coming back from commercial. I'd love to see a montage of some of the great architecture in Buffalo.

Was at the Dept of Labor on Main St two weeks ago and it is probably one of the most beautiful builds inside that I have ever seen.

Interesting...

I'm pretty sure Niagara Falls is not Buffalo...

No snow in six full minutes... I was on the 90 last week. Complete white out.. I'm sure that was an oversight :rolleyes:

No visuals on the Bisons, Bills or Sabres...

Liked the line, paraphasing... Buffalo is a Thurman Thomas city, always keeping the legs moving...

Nice bit of PR all things considered...

Archived