(REALLY OT but cool) Buffalo is the second-best city in America to relocate to

Eleven

We have been getting lots of props from pretty much every sector lately...recently rated by Forbes as one of the top 10 job markets in the country...

Hopefully we can reverse the losses of the past 50 years and start gaining people again...I moved back about 5 yeasr ago from Ohio and am happy I did...

There's a social network called the Buffalo Expat Network, to build a network of and for Buffalo expats who live around the world and leverage the resources of that network to have a positive impact on Buffalo.

It's a worthwhile venture. Here's a link if anyone wants to look into it: BEN

There's a social network called the Buffalo Expat Network, to build a network of and for Buffalo expats who live around the world and leverage the resources of that network to have a positive impact on Buffalo.

It's a worthwhile venture. Here's a link if anyone wants to look into it: BEN

That is very cool.

I read this article and got kind of excited, and proud about Buffalo at the same time. I then clicked to see the #1 city and I threw up a little in my mouth. I have been forced to live in Pittsburgh for the last 3 years of my life, and it is the most god-awful place in the world, filled with nothing but ignorant neanderthals.

If the state could get itself in order, and get state tax rates competitive, the city of Buffalo would absolutely explode. It is a great place to live and raise a family. The only thing holding the city back at this point is the NYS. As long as Albany is a mess, Buffalo will suffer. The only hope is that some day soon the banks on Wall Street will get tired of exorbitant NYS and NYC taxes and move headquarters across the river to NJ. Wall street is all that is holding the state afloat, if that revenue stream were to disappear, a change in the way Albany runs business may finally happen.

If the state could get itself in order, and get state tax rates competitive, the city of Buffalo would absolutely explode. It is a great place to live and raise a family. The only thing holding the city back at this point is the NYS. As long as Albany is a mess, Buffalo will suffer. The only hope is that some day soon the banks on Wall Street will get tired of exorbitant NYS and NYC taxes and move headquarters across the river to NJ. Wall street is all that is holding the state afloat, if that revenue stream were to disappear, a change in the way Albany runs business may finally happen.

You're right on the tax rates; it's more than that, though. The labor policies are extraordinary. Can't believe what state workers get here. I mean, I can't effing believe it.

Archived