(REALLY OT but cool) Buffalo is the second-best city in America to relocate to

Eleven

I read this article and got kind of excited, and proud about Buffalo at the same time. I then clicked to see the #1 city and I threw up a little in my mouth. I have been forced to live in Pittsburgh for the last 3 years of my life, and it is the most god-awful place in the world, filled with nothing but ignorant neanderthals.

RDudly and I thank you for you astute observation of Pittsburghers. As far as the city you will find very few with better amenities, public transportation and schools.

Find me another city with two banks that are healthy enough, in this environment, to be acquiring competitors and expanding geographically in the same day. New York? Maybe. Charlotte? Nope.

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article238060.ece

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article238108.ece

Your bank question doesn't amount to a lot to me. How about manufacturing jobs instead of Banks? Spin.

I lived near Atlanta and loved it before I moved here. Originally from Ontario grew up in Toronto.

Mom's from Tennessee so I have gotten around I guess.

And no matter what, you cant mask it even with, I say even with all the great reasons to live here as I have CHOSEN to do over the last 17 or so years, is that the weather with the exception of this past summer and no more than five over the last twenty years, the weather sucks. I'm 44 now and unless I land a specific job I've been trying for I'm, looking to go south again. I've had enough of winter. But if I get this job I will be happy to stay and will start shopping for the next AWD vehicle to be parked in the driveway.

I win either way although considering my love of the Bills and the Sabres I think I lose at this point lol!

To your bottom line we share a feeling. Buffalo is AWESOME! And if you think you can move virtually anywhere else in the Country and replicate that feeling, you are wrong. As someone who has gotten around a little bit I can tell you honestly you will never find better people to share a place called home with.

Your bank question doesn't amount to a lot to me. How about manufacturing jobs instead of Banks? Spin.

I lived near Atlanta and loved it before I moved here. Originally from Ontario grew up in Toronto.

Mom's from Tennessee so I have gotten around I guess.

And no matter what, you cant mask it even with, I say even with all the great reasons to live here as I have CHOSEN to do over the last 17 or so years, is that the weather with the exception of this past summer and no more than five over the last twenty years, the weather sucks. I'm 44 now and unless I land a specific job I've been trying for I'm, looking to go south again. I've had enough of winter. But if I get this job I will be happy to stay and will start shopping for the next AWD vehicle to be parked in the driveway.

I win either way although considering my love of the Bills and the Sabres I think I lose at this point lol!

To your bottom line we share a feeling. Buffalo is AWESOME! And if you think you can move virtually anywhere else in the Country and replicate that feeling, you are wrong. As someone who has gotten around a little bit I can tell you honestly you will never find better people to share a place called home with.

I really enjoyed reading the non-bold part. Hope you stick around.

As for the bold part, manufacturing hasn't been a growth sector nationwide for a long, long time. That's not just Buffalo; that's the USA. Yeah, some states may have won mfg plants while others lost them, but manufacturing just isn't what this country is about right now (I am NOT saying it shouldn't be!).

Banking: most other cities are failing; Buffalo has two winners. (And we suffered there, too, back in the day: the Keating Five did a heck of a job on the savings and loan industry, and guess who had the nation's largest (Goldome)?) But now, Buffalo, of all places, has probably the healthiest banking situation for a city even anywhere near its size.

(The hockey and football are not as healthy.)

I really enjoyed reading the non-bold part. Hope you stick around.

As for the bold part, manufacturing hasn't been a growth sector nationwide for a long, long time. That's not just Buffalo; that's the USA. Yeah, some states may have won mfg plants while others lost them, but manufacturing just isn't what this country is about right now (I am NOT saying it shouldn't be!).

Banking: most other cities are failing; Buffalo has two winners. (And we suffered there, too, back in the day: the Keating Five did a heck of a job on the savings and loan industry, and guess who had the nation's largest (Goldome)?) But now, Buffalo, of all places, has probably the healthiest banking situation for a city even anywhere near its size.

(The hockey and football are not as healthy.)

Cheers bro! :beer:

Archived