MacArthur - 4; Vanek - 0

SDS

It must be even more draining being one of those 8 other Devil forwards while Kovalchuk is camped out at the red line.

I'm not sure what to make of this comment. There are plenty of times when I wish I would see a Sabres forward ready to receive a breakout pass. In fact, there are way too many times when they are playing so deep that they can't even get back to the point in time to get the puck out.

I'm not sure what to make of this comment. There are plenty of times when I wish I would see a Sabres forward ready to receive a breakout pass. In fact, there are way too many times when they are playing so deep that they can't even get back to the point in time to get the puck out.

OR, they all vacate the zone and leave a defenseman all by his lonesome behind the net with no one to pass to. Boy, for an NHL team they sure have issues with fundamentals.

OR, they all vacate the zone and leave a defenseman all by his lonesome behind the net with no one to pass to. Boy, for an NHL team they sure have issues with fundamentals.

Also, people are talking about Myers and his decision making. I don't think he looks good at all. When he is skating it out in that situation, I think he looks really indecisive and tentative. Last year he would blast through everyone the entire length of the ice. I hope it's not Lindy making him think too much.

oops, this tangent should be in the other thread.

Also, people are talking about Myers and his decision making. I don't think he looks good at all. When he is skating it out in that situation, I think he looks really indecisive and tentative. Last year he would blast through everyone the entire length of the ice. I hope it's not Lindy making him think too much.

Myers has looked terrible. A turnover machine and can't get any shots on net. I think last night he had 4 of his 5 shots blocked. Defensively, he's not doing much better.

So is he lost without Talinder helping him out? Or is it sophomore funk he has gotten into?

IMO, it's neither. Tallinder was a better partner for him because Morrisson can't move the puck up the ice, and Hank was good at it. But, Myers is playing as a #1 d-pairing right now, facing much better players as he did last year, when Lydman was our #1 d-pairing. Myers can't adjust and his partner should never play in that role.

IMO, it's neither. Tallinder was a better partner for him because Morrisson can't move the puck up the ice, and Hank was good at it. But, Myers is playing as a #1 d-pairing right now, facing much better players as he did last year, when Lydman was our #1 d-pairing. Myers can't adjust and his partner should never play in that role.

I want to question his motivation a bit. He was playing to prove himself last year. Maybe he doesn't have that same mentality at this point. Luckily it's very early and he has plenty of time to fix whatever his issue is right now.

I want to question his motivation a bit. He was playing to prove himself last year. Maybe he doesn't have that same mentality at this point. Luckily it's very early and he has plenty of time to fix whatever his issue is right now.

He added about 15 pounds of muscle between last year and this year. I don't think he would have managed that with a lack of motivation.

Until yesterday, it was Mac 4, Kovy 0. I don't think anyone in NJ was panicking, though.

It was Mac 4, Crosby 0 until last night too. :lol:

Mac can score....but 2 of those 4 goals were just about pillowed and gift-wrapped as they come..

He could skate another 30 games and not get those looks.

It was Mac 4, Crosby 0 until last night too. :lol:

Mac can score....but 2 of those 4 goals were just about pillowed and gift-wrapped as they come..

He could will skate another 30 games and not get those looks.

Got it.

He added about 15 pounds of muscle between last year and this year. I don't think he would have managed that with a lack of motivation.

The extra weight while making him more imposing, has made his footwork less lithe than last year. It looks like he's adjusting to his new body IMO.

Give him three weeks, the skating will follow.

Archived