who is ECK?

ron89

I'm a bit of a newbee in the way of posting on this site but i've read it almost everyday for the past couple years. I see alot about ECK and people saying he's nutz, smoking alot of heavy drugs,etc. whats the deal w/ this person? is he a local buffalonian? does he have any hockey credability? whats the deal?

i guess his site hockey buzz says the sabres are close w/ Kaberle? Why would they deal him w/ in the northeast division. this would be shocking if it happened.

I'm a bit of a newbee in the way of posting on this site but i've read it almost everyday for the past couple years. I see alot about ECK and people saying he's nutz, smoking alot of heavy drugs,etc. whats the deal w/ this person? is he a local buffalonian? does he have any hockey credability? whats the deal?

i guess his site hockey buzz says the sabres are close w/ Kaberle? Why would they deal him w/ in the northeast division. this would be shocking if it happened.

www.hockeybuzz.com

The veteran board members here taught me all about this guy just this year. He appears to make up all kinds of rumors and hopes that directs traffic to his site, apparantly, he gets paid when you visit his site.

As for whether or not he has sources that are real, I don't know. Maybe some of the veteran board members can eleborate further.

Hey Ron, welcome to our little board!

I'll try and be as nice as I can about this, Ecklund is a giant farce. His rumors have no credibility and most certainly no accuracy. He is a hack blogger that somehow built a following through spreading flat out lies on the Internet. None of what he says ever happens.

I wish I lived in a world where I had never heard of him. I envy you. Anyway, he showed up right around the time the lockout ended with his made up rumors. Somehow he quickly built up a loyal army of "Eklund broke that story" first teenagers. It seems like just about everyone finally gets it now, but every so often you'll see people posting his stuff as if it was the bible.

And as for why Toronto would trade Kaberle within the division, they'll move him to whatever team offers the best package. The idea that a team won't trade within the division is something that comes up far too often and there is little truth to it. You'll find plenty of deals in recent years made within a division all over the league. Toronto made the Kessel move just last year, so clearly trading within the division isn't a major concern. Teams might have been a bit more worried about dealing within the division back in the days where the first 2 rounds of the playoffs were divisional rounds, but those days are long gone.

And just so that last post makes sense, eklund had some kind of stupid rating system to say how serious the sources on his "rumors" were. They went from E1 to E5.

All I can picture is him and a couple of his boys taking hits off the gravity bong, making up rumors, then blurting out "E5" as they all cough out their bong smoke in hysterics.

Kinda wish it was me..,

All I can picture is him and a couple of his boys taking hits off the gravity bong, making up rumors, then blurting out "E5" as they all cough out their bong smoke in hysterics.

Kinda wish it was me..,

I think they put a bunch of monkeys in a room with pictures of players and team logos on the wall. The monkeys throw their crap at the walls and whatever pictures get hit wind up in the rumors.

www.hockeybuzz.com

The veteran board members here taught me all about this guy just this year. He appears to make up all kinds of rumors and hopes that directs traffic to his site, apparantly, he gets paid when you visit his site.

As for whether or not he has sources that are real, I don't know. Maybe some of the veteran board members can eleborate further.

You do understand that every site works this way, don't you?

Archived