A Player Per Day: No. 8: Cody McCormick

Eleven

63 members have voted

1. 1. How I feel about this player:

• 5: Must keep under any circumstances.
    • 4: Would like to keep; would trade only for a great return (if under contract) or would pay a premium to re-sign (if FA).
    • 3: Don't care if he stays or goes; would make a fair trade (if under contract) or pay somewhat above current salary to re-sign (if FA).
    • 2: Don't want him on the team, really; would trade for a somewhat lesser return (if under contract) or sign at current or lower salary (if FA).
    • 1: Get this guy off of the team, no matter what it takes.

I voted 3 even though I loved his play only because I don't think he'll ever be a guy that plays above the 3rd or 4th line, and so I can't justify a larger salary or turning down a fair trade offer. I think if Buffalo played well in games 2 and 3 of the series with Boston that he would still be waiting to play a (non-preseason) game with the big club.

3. Not enough info, but can't complain about what I saw.

I just want to say that this is a fantastic idea and great format. It's interesting that I thought I knew how I felt about a player but when forced to make a choice, I didn't really think that way at all. I can't wait to see how I really feel about some players coming up.

I see you're really teeing them up.

Either/or Portland fodder.

Nah, not teeing anyone up, just going in number order. Actually, I screwed up and forgot that Enroth wore no. 1 during his appearance in Buffalo. I'll try to remember to add him at the end (if anyone wants to remind me, that would be great). In about 25 minutes, I'll launch another one, just so I don't forget tomorrow. No. 9 ought to bring out some opinions.

I liked what i've seen from Mc Cormick, and i feel he can develop some good chemistry with Kaleta/ Grier. Imagine a constant Kaleta/ McCormick checking attack!

I would keep him around as an alternative to Mair/ Ellis. I think one of those former 2 are going to be gone.

McCormick is younger, faster, and has more time ahead of him. Lets pay him the money we would pay to Mair/ Ellis and get into the picture fulltime.

I hate to say it but, Mair's time is up in my view. I think we need some new/ fresh faces throughout the team, and i just feel Ellis outplays him.

And i dont give a F if Cody stays on the 4th line forever, hes a grinder what do you expect? He hits and gets to the paint. I like this kid alot, hes has alot of Sabre potential

Mc Cormick/ :thumbsup:

This post is likely to fall on deaf ears, it seems no one has looked past the top 6 in the past 3 weeks. :blush:

Understandably soo. But i know there is a 80 percent chance that Darcy stays being Darcy, and they will remain next season, so i'm not going to get ahead of myself. In that regard.

Seriously, Roy is the "most movable" top 6 guy. Where is he going to go? Who wants Connolly? Who wants to pay Pominville? Whos taking a chance on Stafford? Why move Vanek after his post?

based on his first shift in the playoffs alone, i am in favor of giving this guy a shot at carving out a spot on the 4th line.

Good call. I think what is most impressive is the speed in which he plays, in combination with the intensity he brings.

It will be a mistake to sign Mair and Ellis and keep this kid in Maine. Heres a chance for him to grow with the new core(?) (Ennis, Gerbe, Myers, Kennedy, Kassian[we pray]) and become a Mair type down the road.

Dont mess this simple decision up Darcy. :blink:

Mair, Ellis and Mc Cormick are all UFA's so it's a pretty easy decision to be made. They'll probably keep all three, but I'd like to see Mair and McCormick for their toughness.

Interesting, i wasnt aware he was a UFA.

Now i'm fearful. A guy wastes down in Portland and plays 3? games up here. After playing 95 games the last 2 seasons in Colorado? Give a break! I can see Darcy saying to the kid, after he waits until the 17th of july to contact him, "ohh you might play this season".

Now i dont want him to stay, just to smite Regier. You put him down in Portland all year just to see if he works in our "system"? Then give him a chance due to injuries in april? Then you want to try and resign him?

Hes gone via FA by july 10th .

who knows??....but i would like to see more of him. he is 27, i would suspect he is mediocre, otherwise he would be up here more.

Calling a 4th line role player 'mediocre'? Maybe you are thinkg of him as a prospect. He was a free agent.

Calling a 4th line role player 'mediocre'? Maybe you are thinkg of him as a prospect. He was a free agent.

he was called up from our minors. he made $550,000 this past season. prior to last season he was in the Colorado Avalanche system. he is now a UFA. i haven't seen enough of him to decide if i like him or mot.

Archived