Better now than later...

elcrusho

52 members have voted

1. 1. Happy it wasn't the ECF

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care right now

so, your question is this: if the team is not going to win it all, would you rather that they be eliminated in the first round rather than advance twice?

that doesn't really strike me as a question at all.

here's my rebuttal: i sat one section over from whoever took this clip during game 5 of the ECSF in 2007.

even though the game was a grinding affair, it wound up being one of the best live sporting experiences i have ever had -- we were well past the gates of delirium by the time max did his little belly flop onto center ice.

I'd rather bow out in the finals.This is all about getting there or getting the much needed experience for the next run.Going out in the first round to a lesser opponent is embarassing.Do you want to go out in a blaze of glory or go out crossing the street?Some of the guys on this team might choose the easy way but if you're team was made up of the guys that are going to succeed they would pick the blaze of glory scenario.

Had they gone deeper, Darcy would feel even more comfortable with this roster than he already does.

as would we all ... ? :unsure:

(seriously: if this team had somehow summoned the gumption to make a run to the ECF, that would've necessitated the occurence of events that would have had everyone feeling better about our core.)

(seriously: if this team had somehow summoned the gumption to make a run to the ECF, that would've necessitated the occurence of events that would have had everyone feeling better about our core.)

haha. I expected no less. Thank god they didn't win the cup or we would be stuck with these LOSERS for years!

Pride/Success vs. Forcing Change through failure. That's the heart of this question. I say Pride/Success, because if we're making the ECF I would think that this team was on the right track and wouldn't need the cleaning out that many people think it does.

However, we didn't make it, so my opinion is moot.

It's a weird Catch 22 innit? But I already saw enough to know that the record was better than the team. Maybe it was the schedule or maybe it was Miller, but if they went deeper into the playoffs all we would hear is how our mature guys are finally mature and now we just have to wait for the new immature guys to mature and we don't need real change.

It's a weird Catch 22 innit?

i sense what you're getting at.

thing is, the playoffs have a way of weeding out what the regular season does not. if you suspect that your team's regular season success was papier mache [sic?] in nature -- i.e., if someone gave them a stiff poke in the chest, that person would get a plume of dust and find a hollow cavity where there should be a heart -- then you need only a spirited 7-game series to reveal the truth.

point being, i guess, i think it's a metaphysical impossibility for an over-valued, soft team to advance to any conference final. had this team pulled that off, they'd have demonstrated their worth and earned their keep.

haha. I expected no less. Thank god they didn't win the cup or we would be stuck with these LOSERS for years!

IMO, that's pretty ironic. Hypothetically, how could they be losers if they won the Cup (or is that what you were getting at)?

Big time disappointed that the Sabres didn't go deeper into the playoffs. However, having said that had the Sabres gone deep at that point I would have been more disappointed that the Sabres had gotten into the ECF but couldn't make it the rest of the way.

At this point there is some major changes needed to get to that level.

I'd rather bow out in the finals.This is all about getting there or getting the much needed experience for the next run.Going out in the first round to a lesser opponent is embarassing.Do you want to go out in a blaze of glory or go out crossing the street?Some of the guys on this team might choose the easy way but if you're team was made up of the guys that are going to succeed they would pick the blaze of glory scenario.

THIS

:lol:

Archived