GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Cub Scouting has become hyper-vigilant when it comes to this. No single adult allowed alone with children unless they are parent-son, no boy goes in bathroom alone, must pair up with another cub scout, etc...

Good, but sad...

Rules have changed dramatically since I was a kid and in scouting.

Do they still put Salamanders down guys underwear if they fall asleep first?

Do they still put Salamanders down guys underwear if they fall asleep first?

LOL.. Haven't seen that one.... Hope you weren't scarred by that... There is good therapy out there...

It's not about matching the Bruins style, but they obviously need some sort of physical pressence out there. I'm his biggest enemy on this board, but I don't have a problem with them throwing Gerbe in there. Like most of what has been said so far, I don't think Torres was the right guy to pull from the lineup though.

As for the bolded part, Gerbe played 10 games in the NHL this year. This is them trying something else.

He's played 20 games for the Sabres total, and they drafted and developed him. He's pretty much what you think of when it comes to Sabres forwards.

Pulling Torres is just the least painful way for the Sabres to make a change. Stafford hurt them last game, and Connolly has been a disaster all series long, but they're already tied to those two. They're part of Darcy's "master plan" to build a winner from within. They can't admit what a trainwreck the forwards on their top two lines are now.

That said, Torres (and his toughness) being in or out of the line-up isn't going to make any difference either way. They built a team around Connolly, Roy, Pominville, Stafford, etc. up front and those guys are going to have to win it for them.

He's played 20 games for the Sabres total, and they drafted and developed him. He's pretty much what you think of when it comes to Sabres forwards.

Pulling Torres is just the least painful way for the Sabres to make a change. Stafford hurt them last game, and Connolly has been a disaster all series long, but they're already tied to those two. They're part of Darcy's "master plan" to build a winner from within. They can't admit what a trainwreck the forwards on their top two lines are now.

That said, Torres (and his toughness) being in or out of the line-up isn't going to make any difference either way. They built a team around Connolly, Roy, Pominville, Stafford, etc. up front and those guys are going to have to win it for them.

Vanek is out, so is Hecht, Stafford--who I hate making excuses for, is hurt--as I also think Connolly is.

There's nothing wrong with building from within. Miller came from within, as did Myers. Stuff happens. This is not an exact science here

Vanek is out, so is Hecht, Stafford--who I hate making excuses for, is hurt--as I also think Connolly is.

If Stafford is still hurt, why is he playing?

If Vanek can't contribute with a sore ankle, how can Stafford recovering from a concussion?

Either Lindy completely lost his marbles, or Torres is hurt. It's gotta be either.

You gotta dance with the girl you brought to the prom. Like it or not, the Sabres are a team of small, skill forwards. It's WAY too late for them to try to be something else at this point. If they're going to win any more games this series, they're going to have to do it the same way they got 100 points this year.

It'd be stupid for the Sabres to try to match Boston in terms of toughness or size.

As we approach game time I can say that these are words of wisdom you speak that belie why the Sabres aren't in command 3 -1 - rather it's the other way around!

It's still one of the youngest teams in the NHL - hence the inexperience. We all know these guys can skate with anybody - we don't need to play the B's style. It starts and ends today.

Let me explain; B's end their three game winning streak, Sabres start their 10+ game winning streak!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

There's nothing wrong with building from within. Miller came from within, as did Myers. Stuff happens. This is not an exact science here

Just a minor nitpick, but it just seems strange saying Myers came from within. When I hear those words, I think of guys who developed in the system and worked their way up. Miller's a great example. Myers is still in the middle of that process, minus the working his way up part.

Guest Sloth

The Sabres have to go for an arss kicking tonight! Make it a series again. One team always has to be up 3-2 entering a 6th game. Way to go Mair! Now let's see the "core" players light the lamp! And I'll drink a beer for that goal! :beer:

Archived