Six players to Buffalo

wildcat48

Six players are going to Boston... Mark Mancari, Nathan Gerbe, Mark Weber, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Luke Adam and JP Lamoureux.

It'd be nice of some of the no-shows get to sit, although I doubt it.

And in all honesty, I don't think playing 2-3 rookies is going to make this team better, but it might just send a message.

can someone provide some context here? 6 players is a lot. is this something that playoff teams sometimes do once their farm club is done for the year?

also, no disrespect to wildcat, but a linkelage would be good.

All playoff teams do this once AHL team is eliminated. They are just practice fodder. If you look at Boston's scratches for first three games, they had like 7 players listed as healthy scratches.

JP Lamoureux??? I just watched him give up 3 softees in game 4 vs Manchester. What is he going to do with Buffalo? Get Ryan Miller his coffee?

PTR

Watching and learning, that's what.

J.P. is going to be a good goaltender for this team in the future too if he sticks around.

It'd be nice of some of the no-shows get to sit, although I doubt it.

And in all honesty, I don't think playing 2-3 rookies is going to make this team better, but it might just send a message.

I think that might happen if they lose tonight. The series is still tight, but if they go down 3-1, and are still getting tossed around with some players displaying no passion...I have no doubt we'll see players like Weber, Gerbe, and Mancari.

I'll call it right now if a loss happens - Weber replaces Sekera/Butler, Gerbe replaces Stafford, and, if Lindy's feeling adventurous, Mancari replaces Connolly.

All playoff teams do this once AHL team is eliminated. They are just practice fodder. If you look at Boston's scratches for first three games, they had like 7 players listed as healthy scratches.

How about listing Drew Stafford as a healthy scratch? The guy hasn't shown up all year. Every time he gets a goal it's a major celebration. #1 draft choices as passengers should be dumped overboard immediately.

can someone provide some context here? 6 players is a lot. is this something that playoff teams sometimes do once their farm club is done for the year?

also, no disrespect to wildcat, but a linkelage would be good.

There isn't any linkage, yet because I haven't wrote about it.... Dineen just told us this morning in the scrum and I'm working on several stories today.

Six players are going to Boston... Mark Mancari, Nathan Gerbe, Mike Weber, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Luke Adam and JP Lamoureux.

Watching and learning, that's what.

J.P. is going to be a good goaltender for this team in the future too if he sticks around.

Say hello to your 2012 Buffalo Sabres Power Play Unit!!!! <_<

Scared?

Six players are going to Boston... Mark Mancari, Nathan Gerbe, Mike Weber, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Luke Adam and JP Lamoureux.

SWEET! It will look like the Sabres are playing a pre-season game. Boston will be terrified of losing to an all-AHL team... ohh the embarrassment. Good Strategy... not to mention none of them could do worse than the guys who have played games 1-3.

Archived